Lynyrd Skynyrd

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
imo one of the best bands ever.
whats your favorite song?
and why is either simple man,free bird,,on the hunt,the needle and the spoon?
:)

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

Comments

• OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Tuesday's Gone. I love the musical layers of that song. I like it best with headphones and my eyes closed. :plus_one:
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    edited October 2020
    So many good tunes.  
    Gonna go with They Call Me The Breeze today.

Simple Man was tops for a while....but I like a cover version better than their version right now (gasp!)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,595
    Tuesday's Gone. I love the musical layers of that song. I like it best with headphones and my eyes closed. :plus_one:
    My old friend had a girlfriend named Tuesday. That's a cool name. Like summer or winter.
    I always liked gimmie 3 steps, saturday night special.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    simple man is prob my favorite but they have so many good ones. Tuesday’s gone, that smell...  been listening to them and CCR lately. Different topic but CCR has a ridiculous catalog 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    Agreed. I love that song.

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    The original yellow "Sounds of the South" label vinyl... some of the best sounding Skynyrd ever... and this Side 1 of the debut... Just WOW

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    So many good ones..."Simple Man" is possibly my favorite
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    hard choice but I'll go with Tuesday's Gone

Also I hate that Free Bird has become that song that idiots call out for people to play. Takes away from what a great song it is
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    That would be the one. 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Simple Man or Needle & Spoon. Curtis Lowe has always been a favorite that nobody else seems to mention. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Nailed it! I do really enjoy the full 10:08 Free Bird as well. I absolutely hate when the jam session fades out midway through.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory