Who ya watchin' right now: Biden or Trump? - Town hall with same air time

2»

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:
    we can't really bothsides the performances last night.

trump imploded. biden was on the air longer and even stayed afterward to answer questions from the audience. trump would never, ever do that. there is no money or ratings in it.
    “Bothsides” is a word now? A verb?

I’m saying what I thought about the portions I saw. The inferences some of you make..ridiculous 🙄
    yes it is a verb. 

it is when people say "ugh both sides are terrible" when there is a clear, glaring difference between the two sides. one is clearly better than the other. one clearly has a better and more positive vision than the other. one is clearly less of an asshole than the other.

i am not attacking you. i am not inferring anything. just saying that there is a clear difference in approach, temprement, and delivery of the message between the two candidates. 
    It’s funny though; I never mentioned Trump at all. The moderator, semblances of honesty, yes. So this “bothsides “ thing is moot as far as I’m concerned. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

trump imploded. biden was on the air longer and even stayed afterward to answer questions from the audience. trump would never, ever do that. there is no money or ratings in it.

I’m saying what I thought about the portions I saw. The inferences some of you make..ridiculous 🙄
    yes it is a verb. 

it is when people say "ugh both sides are terrible" when there is a clear, glaring difference between the two sides. one is clearly better than the other. one clearly has a better and more positive vision than the other. one is clearly less of an asshole than the other.

i am not attacking you. i am not inferring anything. just saying that there is a clear difference in approach, temprement, and delivery of the message between the two candidates. 
    It’s funny though; I never mentioned Trump at all. The moderator, semblances of honesty, yes. So this “bothsides “ thing is moot as far as I’m concerned. 

You said both sides are full of shit.
    This comment certainly should be viewed as a fact by everyone -- perhaps except other politicians.
    I am as annoyed by the both sides folks as anyone...but this is not a both sides type of statement.

This was not an example of someone trying to play off something shitty Trump did by calling out something Biden did.

Lighten the fuck up, Francis-es. 
    :lol: 

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

yes it is a verb. 

You said both sides are full of shit.
    This comment certainly should be viewed as a fact by everyone -- perhaps except other politicians.
    I am as annoyed by the both sides folks as anyone...but this is not a both sides type of statement.

This was not an example of someone trying to play off something shitty Trump did by calling out something Biden did.

Lighten the fuck up, Francis-es. 
    :lol: 

Aye aye, Sgt. Hulka ;)
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    edited October 2020

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Cool good people fighting on AMT?  Say it ain't so!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    why are rivers pants so damn big?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

brianlux said:

this is one of the reasons I've always laughed when republicans/conservatives occasionally poke their heads in here and claim we're in an echo chamber. we argue enough amongst ourselves without them. i don't see this as an echo chamber at all. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Maybe at that time it wasn't revealed yet that he had one leg shorter than the other?  Or maybe he had down feather lining in them due to Letterman keeping the Ed Sullivan theater to damned cold?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,392
    Both - on 2 devices
    Thats what she said.
    brianlux said:

Not fighting whatsoever.

Now put ‘em up!
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:

Not fighting whatsoever.

Now put ‘em up!
    oh snap! i'm running away, y'all

lol
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:

Not fighting whatsoever.

Now put ‘em up!

lol
    You laugh, but at 105 lbs., I’m in peak fighting shape :rofl:
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:

Not fighting whatsoever.

Now put ‘em up!

lol

Me too man.  I'm pretty sure she could whip my butt, no problem! :lol:

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    If I wanna see 2 grumpy old men I'll just rent the movie...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I'm neither grumpy nor a man, and there's nothing nefarious going on here, but thanks for chiming in.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Trump
    hedonist said:
    I'm neither grumpy nor a man, and there's nothing nefarious going on here, but thanks for chiming in.
    Funny people can’t even detect fun posts I’d say you’re a lady! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Both - on 2 devices
    brianlux said:

this is one of the reasons I've always laughed when republicans/conservatives occasionally poke their heads in here and claim we're in an echo chamber. we argue enough amongst ourselves without them. i don't see this as an echo chamber at all. 
    I do, often. Just narrowed down what you argue about because the echo chamber is too small! ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
    hedonist said:
    pretty sure he was referring to biden and trump
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Ah, fortuitous timing then. 
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    hedonist said:
    pretty sure he was referring to biden and trump
    Or Walter Matthau and Jack Lemon. 

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    brianlux said:
    Every accusation is a projection, too.  It’s not like there aren’t right-wing echo chambers.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin