Sober October

13»

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    hedonist said:
    We stopped drinking after last weekend We’re going till thanksgiving it’s easy for both of us, I have plenty of other outlets to not crave alcoholic beverages..

Nice!
    When I go without my wife doesn't stop.  However she also almost never has more than one drink so one could make the case that her drinking is healthy.  (Typically is a glass of wine.)

It’s funny, I’ve no problem being around someone drinking (just not the sloppy or angry kind), but the scent of it brings about some strange unwelcome feelings. Not temptation; more like negative associations, if that makes sense. 
    that's kind of the same as me with smoking. it draws me in at the same time as disgusting me. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited October 2020
    hedonist said:
    We stopped drinking after last weekend We’re going till thanksgiving it’s easy for both of us, I have plenty of other outlets to not crave alcoholic beverages..

Nice!
    When I go without my wife doesn't stop.  However she also almost never has more than one drink so one could make the case that her drinking is healthy.  (Typically is a glass of wine.)

It’s funny, I’ve no problem being around someone drinking (just not the sloppy or angry kind), but the scent of it brings about some strange unwelcome feelings. Not temptation; more like negative associations, if that makes sense. 
    that's kind of the same as me with smoking. it draws me in at the same time as disgusting me. 
    That in itself neither reviles nor entices me; the disgust is borne of having allowed myself to irreparably go down that hole. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,813
    edited October 2020
    mickeyrat said:
    Sure does.  I feel the way if I smell jaeger or whiskey.  :lol:.  

to this day Jim Beam turns my stomach. Drink the shit out of that back when. last had it 31 yrs ago?
    For me it's Southern Comfort and tequila. I had such a bad experience with tequila in college I haven't had it since. Southern Comfort just smells sickly to me now. Jaeger - have some interesting memories of that as well - but I think I could still do a shot of it without gagging if someone handed it to me.

Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,442
    edited October 2020
    Hmmm... maybe it's the smell thats keeping a suitor from scoring. And the vinballe.

This must be my 19th October without a substance...
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited October 2020
    GlowGirl said:
    mickeyrat said:

to this day Jim Beam turns my stomach. Drink the shit out of that back when. last had it 31 yrs ago?
    For me it's Southern Comfort and tequila. I had such a bad experience with tequila in college I haven't had it since. Southern Comfort just smells sickly to me now. Jaeger - have some interesting memories of that as well - but I think I could still do a shot of it without gagging if someone handed it to me.

My best man Jaeger bombed me at my wedding. 

Dick move.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,278
    GlowGirl said:
    mickeyrat said:

My 1st drunken 🥴 on Sourhern Comfort I must of been 15 totally bombed, never drank it again..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • I fought against the bottle 
    But I had to do it drunk
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"