Options

Remixed “Home Show” by Josh Evans

2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
Anyone download this off Nugs? How does it compare to the first official release? Evans nailed Gigaton, so curious how he did with this monster live show. 
www.cluthelee.com

Comments

• Options
    Wha????? Not sure how I didn’t know this.

Clearly missed this detail. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    Anyone download this off Nugs? How does it compare to the first official release? Evans nailed Gigaton, so curious how he did with this monster live show. 
    Ed's vocals are much more forward in the mix.  I much prefer the original bootleg where the levels are matched across all the instruments, and vocals.  I don't like it. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Ed's vocals are much more forward in the mix.  I much prefer the original bootleg where the levels are matched across all the instruments, and vocals.  I don't like it. 

I was able to preview it since my post and found it to be the same with Ed's vocals, but Mike and Stone's guitars seemed better separated to my ears than the original mix.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    mrussel1 said:

I was able to preview it since my post and found it to be the same with Ed's vocals, but Mike and Stone's guitars seemed better separated to my ears than the original mix.
    I've always thought that the boots had really good separation.  I could always clearly hear Mike in teh left channel and Stone in the right.  I say this when listening on a real system, not ear buds, car radio, etc. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,148
    I really like this mix.

I will say, When a band has a great lead singer, I'm definitely in the category that I like it when the vocals are a little higher and separated in mix.  I think one of the reasons I'm not a big fan of modern music is the vocals often sound drowned out.  Everything gets turned up loud so it's all the same.  Then they run protools over the voice, and you lose some of the voice.  Even on gigaton many of the songs don't sound like raw Ed, and it's like why, Ed's sounds great.

Really digging this new mix.

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,827
    Did anyone buy & recieve the new remix CD from Nugs yet? 
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    not yet.. I didn't think of that.  I wonder if it'll be silver pressed?
  • Options
    Zod said:
    demetrios said:

That's what I was wondering too. 
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:
    demetrios said:

I'm doubting it.  Mostly because the shows were 2 years ago, and those ones (box sets aside) were cdr's.    I can't imagine two years later the demand for a remix would be more than the initial demand.   Probably not enough demand to warrant a cd-r.

I might try buying one on Black Friday if there's any kind of sales.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:
    demetrios said:

I'm doubting it.  Mostly because the shows were 2 years ago, and those ones (box sets aside) were cdr's.    I can't imagine two years later the demand for a remix would be more than the initial demand.   Probably not enough demand to warrant a cd-r.

I might try buying one on Black Friday if there's any kind of sales.

Pretty much what I'm gonna do. Great if they add Vault 10 preorders soon so I can pick that up too on Back Friday as well. 
  • Options
    Bump for those curious how Josh Evans might approach remixing the upcoming vault show. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I think it will be like the Avocado remix. I won't here any real/important difference.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Bump for those curious how Josh Evans might approach remixing the upcoming vault show. 

For Moline '14 (Vault 10) & Philly N2 '16 (Vault Video Stream), can't wait to get them both in 24Bit Flac-HD's.
  • Options
    I think it will be like the Avocado remix. I won't here any real/important difference.
    Have you heard the samples on Nugs? I can hear a difference. Ed’s vocals more up front, guitars sound clearer in the remix. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    DKedzieDKedzie Posts: 94
    I prefer it.
  • Options
    Have you heard the samples on Nugs? I can hear a difference. Ed’s vocals more up front, guitars sound clearer in the remix. 
    Never been to the nugs page. Will check it out!

Who did the former mix? 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    Brett Eliason I believe had been mixing from 2012 through 2018
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    toolietoolie Posts: 388
    Anyone order the CD from Nugs? I ordered it Sept. 18 and it still shows not shipped on their site. Is this normal for them? 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,426
    toolie said:
    Anyone order the CD from Nugs? I ordered it Sept. 18 and it still shows not shipped on their site. Is this normal for them? 
    Yes. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    toolietoolie Posts: 388

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,426
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    The Philly Ten show is 🔥
    Picked it up yesterday. Definitely hear an improved mix by Josh Evans. Mike played his balls off that night. His solo in EvenFlow will destroy all you ‘it’s a piss break song’ folks out there! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    The Philly Ten show is 🔥
    Picked it up yesterday. Definitely hear an improved mix by Josh Evans. Mike played his balls off that night. His solo in EvenFlow will destroy all you ‘it’s a piss break song’ folks out there! 
    you crazy.. I hater the new mixes myself.  I think they are off balance. 
  • Options
    Does it still sound like you can hear a pin drop anytime the audience sing a part etc, or has that been fixed with Josh?

Biggest problem with the boots IMO. The low audience sound, especially noticed sometimes when the crowd takes over but is not raised really in the mix.
  • Options
    Philly crowd is loud on this one. Will have to go back and listen to the original boot to see if it’s just my imagination. FWIW, I love the original 16’ boots. Got em’ all 2013-2018. Love the sets, the energy and overall sound. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Does it still sound like you can hear a pin drop anytime the audience sing a part etc, or has that been fixed with Josh?

Biggest problem with the boots IMO. The low audience sound, especially noticed sometimes when the crowd takes over but is not raised really in the mix.
    Interesting observation and I think I'm with you.  When I listen to msg 2 2010, the crowd is so evident.  I love it.  I think you're right that they keep the crowd level too low