Options

FS, Jack White, Lazaretto Vinyl LP SOLD, Thank you!

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,709
edited October 2020 in Lost Dogs
For sale, Jack White, Lazaretto vinyl LP.  Near mint, only played once.  Still in original shrink.  This is a great record and in excellent condition- only played once.  I'm selling it because this LP has some tracks that are 33 RPM and some that are 45 RPM.  My turntable requires removing the platter and changing the belt speed to play different records speeds and I just don't have the patience to do that.  It is easier for me just to play a CD.

Cost is $20.00 plus $4.00 media mail within the continental U.S.  If you want it sent priority, I can do that but the cost will be higher for shipping (I believe shipping vinyl priority is about $15)  Payment is through PayPal at my PayPal address which I will supply to buyer.   P.M. me with any questions.

Download card is included and presumed still valid (I did not use it).

The album is describe thus:

"Ultra LP" release featuring several special features:
· Tracks A6 and B7 are locked grooves featuring elements from their respective previous tracks. "High Ball Stepper" doesn't end with a faded-out distortion as in the digital versions, it is locked instead.
· Tracks A7 and B8 are hidden tracks pressed on their sides' labels, and play at 78 RPM and 45 RPM respectively, thus making the LP a three speed record.
· Side A's groove is inverted and plays from the inside out.
· "Just One Drink" consists of two different intros, each in its own groove, with both connecting at the body of the song. BA1 is acoustic, BB1 is electric.
· Side B has a matte finish, giving the appearance of an un-played 78 RPM record.
· Vinyl is pressed in flat-edged format.
· Dead wax area on Side A contains a hand-etched hologram by Tristan Duke of Infinity Light Science, the first of its kind on a vinyl record.
· Tracks B3 and B4 are swapped in comparison to the digital editions, and B2 features a slightly longer intro.
· The vinyl was mastered entirely from analog sources with no additional compression used.

Tracks A1 to A5 and BA1/BB1 to B6 are listed continuously from 1 to 11 and play at 33 ⅓ RPM.
Track A7 is an uncredited reworking of 'Pusherman', originally by Curtis Mayfield.
Durations unlisted, approximates obtained by digitizing the vinyl audio.

Jacket features Soft Touch aqueous coating. Record comes in die-cut black paper poly sleeve. Also included are an insert with lyrics and credits, and a digital download card for the album in MP3 format, which also shows info about the hologram."

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by brianlux on

Comments

• Options
    Hey Brian, I'm interested!
  • Options
    Jenkdixon said:
    Hey Brian, I'm interested!

PM sent.   :smile:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    wow, that record sounds like a massive pain in the ass
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    wow, that record sounds like a massive pain in the ass

It's very clever and the music is great.  If I had a TT with switchable speed instead of having to go through all the shenanigans to change speeds it would be kind of fun.  I like that Jack tries out different ideas.

Another interesting thing I read about is that there are records that have parallel tracks so you can hear different things depending on where you start the records.  Check this out!: