Sober October

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    hedonist said:
    it really is irrelevant how much one drinks. you can have one beer a week and still do it. 
    Yeah, I only drink socially so it's not a big deal for me. But I smoke/eat weed everyday these days. If anything it will be nice to reset my tolerance. 
    don't you think resetting your tolerance would take longer than a month?
    When I came home from the hospital after a week, my tolerance had lowered considerably. Happened every time, actually. And I use a lot of THC daily. 

SC, drinking (or even smoking) a fuckton doesn’t necessarily equate to a great or fun life. 
    True.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    it really is irrelevant how much one drinks. you can have one beer a week and still do it. 
    Yeah, I only drink socially so it's not a big deal for me. But I smoke/eat weed everyday these days. If anything it will be nice to reset my tolerance. 
    When I came home from the hospital after a week, my tolerance had lowered considerably. Happened every time, actually. And I use a lot of THC daily. 

SC, drinking (or even smoking) a fuckton doesn’t necessarily equate to a great or fun life. 
    Great point. In fact, being completely sober is a good time to work on things you have trouble with. I find great comfort in being able to enjoy things without the aid of substances. If we're able to be objective and honest with ourselves, it's a good way to evaluate what really does bring us joy in our lives. Every time I've abstained for awhile, I found myself having thoughts and feelings I'd been neglecting. For me it's good for the soul. 
    Not to derail, but when I quit alcohol, I wondered how the hell I would ever enjoy anything again.

Man, was I wrong. 
    :hug:
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,392
    edited October 2020

Cheers, y'all

Edit: 

Almost as pretty as the primary colored flower in our GIB gift! 

Happy Thanksgiving from Beautiful BC my buds!
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

Great point. In fact, being completely sober is a good time to work on things you have trouble with. I find great comfort in being able to enjoy things without the aid of substances. If we're able to be objective and honest with ourselves, it's a good way to evaluate what really does bring us joy in our lives. Every time I've abstained for awhile, I found myself having thoughts and feelings I'd been neglecting. For me it's good for the soul. 
    Not to derail, but when I quit alcohol, I wondered how the hell I would ever enjoy anything again.

Man, was I wrong. 
    :hug:
    Backatcha, good sir. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2020
    nvm
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited October 2020
    just 12 days off and i feel my interest in creating music coming back. it's weird. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Its  all state of mind. As the song goes.
    I stopped for 7 months and pot as well for 3 months. 
    I can now take or leave a drink.  I no longer  care for it and see it as a poison.
    Pot i know its dangerous  for me and i now have a problem with that. 
    Sober is a daily choice. Some are strong some are not.  But we all have that choice right  now.
    Good vibes to all here and may you achieve  your  goals.

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • hedonist said:

Please, I live in Sweden.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Everytime I see this thread it makes me want to crack open a new can of ice cold beer.
    edited October 2023
    tish said:
    This thread makes me wonder if there is a correlation between drinking and erections. 

Probably not a large enough sample size here...
    The term “whiskey dick” didn’t come from nowhere!
  • Sounds like an interesting study @tish
    Maybe you could do a poll? Lol.
    edited October 2023
    hedonist said:
    tish said:
    This thread makes me wonder if there is a correlation between drinking and erections. 

• Im sure erections are up!
    In the non drink group, 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Im sure erections are up!
    In the non drink group, 
    I’d make the old joke about this coming eventful November, but I might be chided for that :lol:
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,692
    hedonist said:
    In the non drink group, 
    I’d make the old joke about this coming eventful November, but I might be chided for that :lol:
    Bring it on. I love your saucy sense of humor  ;)
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    In the non drink group, 
    Bring it on. I love your saucy sense of humor  ;)
    Us being Seinfeld fans, I’ll just say “the rines are crossed” =)
  • tish said:
    hedonist said:
    tish said:

How did I miss that one til now? That expression makes it sound very yummy, not flaccid. Maybe that's why it didn't catch on in a big way?

Well, there you have it gentlemen. Not drinking does more than help musical creativity! Keep it up, Hugh!
    Here we call it "vin-balle" (wine dick)

• Its called brewers  droop here
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    edited October 2023
  • tish said:
    Hugh, was this your motivation? Enquiring minds want to know  =)
    I think HFD has been married way too long for this to be the  reason🤣
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

tish said:
    Hugh, was this your motivation? Enquiring minds want to know  =)
    a very small part, but it's all about overall health. i ain't getting any younger. i actually read that regular alcohol consumption decreases a man's testosterone, so......but Rob is right, been married 16 years, so the point is kind of moot anyway. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Mooted point sounds like an erection  condition  haha this thread derailed but morphed good. Hahaha
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    We stopped drinking after last weekend We’re going till thanksgiving it’s easy for both of us, I have plenty of other outlets to not crave alcoholic beverages..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    We stopped drinking after last weekend We’re going till thanksgiving it’s easy for both of us, I have plenty of other outlets to not crave alcoholic beverages..

Nice!
    When I go without my wife doesn't stop.  However she also almost never has more than one drink so one could make the case that her drinking is healthy.  (Typically is a glass of wine.)

Nice!
    When I go without my wife doesn't stop.  However she also almost never has more than one drink so one could make the case that her drinking is healthy.  (Typically is a glass of wine.)

my wife is the same. a glass of wine with dinner, occasionally. but not too often. doesn't bother me. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited October 2020

Nice!

It’s funny, I’ve no problem being around someone drinking (just not the sloppy or angry kind), but the scent of it brings about some strange unwelcome feelings. Not temptation; more like negative associations, if that makes sense. 
    Sure does.  I feel the way if I smell jaeger or whiskey.  :lol:.  
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    Sure does.  I feel the way if I smell jaeger or whiskey.  :lol:.  

to this day Jim Beam turns my stomach. Drink the shit out of that back when. last had it 31 yrs ago?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14