Bill Burr criticizes white women on SNL

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
edited October 2020 in A Moving Train
Is making the rounds on twitter. so news worthy I reckon:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGNkp8ngIDg/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

(Lol. Why can't I embedd the instagram video? #techhelp?)

Full monologue:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Weird. Comics never make fun of anything or anyone. 
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    That Tweet is funny.

Bill Burr is also funny.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    dignin said:
    That Tweet is funny.

Bill Burr is also funny.

and he was spot on with that bit.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383

I loved it.

I've seen people on the left cry that he went too far. I've seen people on the right cry that he didn't go far enough.

So many tears.

"... so shut up and sit down right next to me and take your talking to."
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

I died when he talked about Ol' Ricky taking one in the chops.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    edited October 2020
    There is a comic's comic, right there.
    Put your finger on the sore spot and push around a bit, try to get some laughs.

Bill Burr makes me laugh.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2020
    mickeyrat said:
    dignin said:
    That Tweet is funny.

Bill Burr is also funny.

and he was spot on with that bit.

Funny pic. Even with it making things very binary/BW ofc. Still funny, with the nonchalant lollipop.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2020
    mickeyrat said:
    Just a question, not being native English speaker, did this mean that they should sit down and listen to what Burr ist telling them, or that they should sit down next to white men and take responsibility/be part of the talking to that white men (should) get?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mickeyrat said:
    Just a question, not being native English speaker, did this mean that they should sit down and listen to what Burr ist telling them, or that they should sit down next to white men and take responsibility/be part of the talking to that white men (should) get?
    the latter. he was saying that white women weren't victims, they were complicit, in the oppression of POC over the years. 

bill burr is easily my favourite comic. he's fucking hilarious. when i saw he was hosting and jack white was the musical guest, i decided to watch SNL for the first time in years. 

even those two couldn't save the dogshit writing. jack was on fire during his songs, and bill killed during his monologue. weekend update was passable. everything else was garbage. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    https://youtu.be/je1NIf8GeeY

I agree with Hugh. Except this last one made me laugh. 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    There is a comic's comic, right there.
    Put your finger on the sore spot and push around a bit, try to get some laughs.

Bill Burr makes me laugh.
    Bingo!

And, as a “white woman”, I laughed my ass off. 
  • Bill Burr is hysterical!

forgot about this one. needs included with the aforementioned spots....

mickeyrat said:
    the latter. he was saying that white women weren't victims, they were complicit, in the oppression of POC over the years. 

bill burr is easily my favourite comic. he's fucking hilarious. when i saw he was hosting and jack white was the musical guest, i decided to watch SNL for the first time in years. 

even those two couldn't save the dogshit writing. jack was on fire during his songs, and bill killed during his monologue. weekend update was passable. everything else was garbage. 

which isnt to say there isnt valid grievance by white women though. Just they need to get in the back of the line as it were.  That where it relates to racial things, open your ears and close your mouth..... Which to my understanding is what much of the "woke" movement is all about.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

which isnt to say there isnt valid grievance by white women though. Just they need to get in the back of the line as it were.  That where it relates to racial things, open your ears and close your mouth..... Which to my understanding is what much of the "woke" movement is all about.
    absolutely. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

That was great. 
    How do white women (in the western world) have grievances? Toward men? Working conditions? How we’re regarded?

I truly don’t understand. Sure, I’ve had more than my share of...not quite right things...happen to me over the years, but my animosity is toward specific individuals, not a group or groups. 
  • PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 398
    Yeah, I thought i was funny too. There was a link from  his video to George Carlin's early SNL monologues and I wondered how the people who complained about this one would be clutching their pearls at anything Carlin would say.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    He's my favorite comedian...the dude is just plain funny...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592

Haha- pretty good stuff!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    That's hilarious and so true.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    I liked the monologue. It was spot on and makes you cringe because he is saying what many people are afraid to say out loud. You could hear the audience cringing a few times.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    https://youtu.be/a9WowBxdhTQ

Another. He does a different bit about it in most of his specials. Hilarious. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    https://youtu.be/a9WowBxdhTQ

Another. He does a different bit about it in most of his specials. Hilarious. 

Damn, this guy is funny!  :lol: 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    i don't know why, buy i did not like him. not so much what he said. maybe his delivery? maybe the overblown accent? i dunno. i wanted to like him but I came away from him like "meh". 
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    jack white on the other hand, i don't normally dig, but he was bad ass. his drummer is a killer. was totally blown away by those guys. 
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    i don't know why, buy i did not like him. not so much what he said. maybe his delivery? maybe the overblown accent? i dunno. i wanted to like him but I came away from him like "meh". 
    That’s how he usually speaks. 

I like him - any smart comedian, actually - who jokes about typically untouchable shit. The Holocaust, cancer, molestation, what have you. It doesn’t offend me.

I’ve heard that some take him and others seriously, forgetting that they’re making JOKES. Better than a lot of what passes as comedy lately. 
    edited October 2020

overblown accent? dudes from Boston. its been largely consistent his whole career, if anything its diminished over the years
    Post edited by mickeyrat on