PJ Show & Tell PART 5: Mookie B. Changes name to Pearl Jam

densandensan Posts: 563
edited February 2021 in The Porch
I found this last night when I was cleaning a shelf in a closet. I am looking for a patch from 93 or 94 for a board member.
I completely forgot I had this. I saw it, and I am so pissed at myself for not taking care of it.
Make sure you call after reading, so you can let them know what show your going to. Totally kidding.
I hope you are all well. Hope to see you on the road one day. Be safe.

Before I had a poster problem I had a bit of a VHS (must see every show) problem. Below are a few I unearthed from my vault (it is a closet, and needs to be cleaned), and I think all of this is readily available, but at the time is was not. Easy St in Kirkland Wa, and the Seattle Record shows at the Space Center and in Bothell. Good times. 

Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
Post edited by densan on

Comments

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Awesome!
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607
    Nice historic doc there. I think this adds a tiny piece to the puzzle about that slc gem...amirightamirightamiright
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    That is amazing. Anything else cool from that era?
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • densandensan Posts: 563
    Yes there should be more. I should have been on the tv show PJ hoarders from hell. Jesus! I just wish I had taken care of it. Ugh!
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
    Found some stuff bump. 
    Nice. Keep posting your stuff.

I have a vhs boot from 9/11/98 I think. I snagged from a record store back then. A show I was at. Funny how the availability of shows changed so much since then.  Great that you took good care of your stuff. 
    edited October 2020
    So I found some more stuff that I hope is interesting for some of the younger fans.
    I do not know if people realize who is on this board. I do not think most folks know. Put it this way. I consider myself a stamp collector compared to some people on the board. There are people on here that own the Post office.  I made that up today. 
    These are nothing fancy. These are some mixed tapes from 92. This is what we sent each other via mail all over the US. We would trade tapes, or if you did not have a show you would send the person a blank tape. It was organic and very cool. People on the board called it or referred to it as "Spreading the Jam" 
    I have seen the inside of Ed's suitcase, and it was full of tapes just like these. The same TDK tapes and tape players we all used. Hell he is just like us. 
    The red flyer is what we would hand out in the clubs to people or lay them on tables etc. You have to realize it was something we all had this enormous passion for that is hard to explain. Andy had died, and Jeff and Stone were known and important to the community. We (seattle) were pulling for them after Andy died, and this guy from California showed up. We were all telling each other and saying that is never going to work out. Funny. 
    Take care of yourself, and each other. Please help where you can, and I wish you all the best.
    Be safe,
    D

Post edited by densan on
    Historic. Thanks for the lesson. Dig it all.
    edited November 2020
    ugh
    Post edited by densan on
    I found the recently, and with KC retiring I thought it would cool to see one the early letters from the Ten Club that would come from his office.

Once they had your address stuff showed up randomly that just energized and stirred the passion. It was cool as Hell. Hope you are all doing well. 

edited November 2020
    Cool!
    Thanks for the show and tell.

Reminds me of when I was a kid growing up with garage bands. The music bought us together. They didn't have mngmt or make it out of the garage. But they are some of my greatest memories.
    Nice you experienced things with the foundations pearl jam...when it was less about stuff and more about music!
    Thanks for sharing
  • nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,426
    Great stuff- thanks Dennis! Don’t feel bad on not taking care of it- most don’t even still have them!
    I found an old article from a Seattle paper that I cut & saved. I literally can not believe I clipped articles. Nice to be able to share with common minds. But we will keep the article clipping to ourselves. I'm not a Netflix documentary. :) Peace and wellness to all. 
    "The Clipper" 

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Awesome Dennis
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    densan said:
    I found an old article from a Seattle paper that I cut & saved. I literally can not believe I clipped articles. Nice to be able to share with common minds. But we will keep the article clipping to ourselves. I'm not a Netflix documentary. :) Peace and wellness to all. 
    "The Clipper" 

Thanks. That was cool. I don’t think I have seen Eddie spelled with y at the end before (Eddy). Did he used to spell it that way?
    No, either she did not know, or you should be a proof reader. I need to find her, and get her to tell us about that day. I will. Might take a few years, but I will look into it. Stay tuned. 
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    Eddy Vedder and Dave Crusin. lol

That's wild about them being on the hook to CBS for half a million dollars.