Harvest Moon

densandensan Posts: 563
Neil is a part of the family, so this is PJ related.
Tonight is the Harvest Moon. I am going to put Harvest Moon on, and dance with my wife, and tell her I love her. Please, please take this night to show your loved one how special she/he is, and celebrate the harvest Moon together. Life is short. Thinking of you all. Be well
Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.

Comments

• OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Are the men on this website great or what? 

Thank you for this wonderful thread!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    densan said:
    Neil is a part of the family, so this is PJ related.
    Tonight is the Harvest Moon. I am going to put Harvest Moon on, and dance with my wife, and tell her I love her. Please, please take this night to show your loved one how special she/he is, and celebrate the harvest Moon together. Life is short. Thinking of you all. Be well
    Love the song, love the moon, with its waning and waxing and monikers.  Sometimes worth a howl or two, too.

Love for my husband shown (most) every day ;)

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    By the way, I believe this is from the full moon Indy show in August 2000.  Very pretty, and fitting as well, I think.
    https://youtu.be/fD4EPLcjneQ
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Was supposed to be our wedding song two weeks ago. Instead it will be next August. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Good call! It was our wedding song. Looks like a backyard dance will be happening tomorrow night. I need to start marking this one on the calendar.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    Check this cover if you haven't yet..it's beautiful..

https://youtu.be/9uIBy71MRQk
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Greatest album of the 90s. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,386
    JimmyV said:
    Was supposed to be our wedding song two weeks ago. Instead it will be next August. 

Ugh... Covid screwed up my cousin's wedding too, I'm sorry Jimmy. Fingers crossed things break by the spring and you have a great wedding next summer. & Congrats btw.

RE: Harvest Moon always stops me in my tracks, I love, love, LOVE this song.

• Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    Harvest Moon was my First Dance song at my small wedding. The album was my first or second that I ever purchased, still love it.
    Kearnsy
  • mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 782
    Shameless plug, but Harvest Moon Woodworks is also an amazing cabinet shop in Bend, Oregon (I may or may not own it ;-))

www.harvestmoonwoodworks.com
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,269
    fantastic
    danny d
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,601
    I thought the moon was killer the other night. Explains it. Tangiers Blues Band covered that song with Danny Clinch on vocals. I caught him playing at live at drews, small house show. I had a few things he signed for me. Nice guy. Hope to be at sea hear now when its it's safe.
  • densandensan Posts: 563
    Wow! I underestimated the understanding/ I get it factor. I am so impressed with you all. You get it and once again and I realize it is NOT just me.  Thank you all
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.