How was My Morning Jacket In Toronto?

FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Just curious, really geared up to hear them.. wonder how they were in toronto!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• drewman74drewman74 Posts: 8
    mmj KICKED ASS. i'd only heard bits and pieces of trax before, but tonight i saw them do about 4 or 5 songs. they rocked extremely hard, and i was very impressed. some of their heavier riffs reminded me alot of pearl jam. think i'll pick up an album this weekend!
  • klobbklobb Posts: 4
    I saw the full set and I'm hooked now- I'll definitely pick up a CD. Great Band.
  • shareshare Posts: 551
    I agree

they blew me away

that guy's got pipes!

excellent guitar and some pretty whacky drumming
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    wow awesome! cant wait :)
  • J_Ride99J_Ride99 Posts: 27
    I never heard more than a few songs before tuesday night...they definately made a fan out of me though. One Big Holiday is a fucking incredible song...can't wait to see them in Pitts.

J
    I Will Stare The Sun Down Until My Eyes Go Blind

Kitchener (09/11/05), Toronto (9/19/05), St. John's (09/24/05), St. John's (09/25/05), Toronto (05/09/06), Toronto (05/10/06), Pittsburgh (06/23/06)
  • bgranatobgranato Sao Paulo Posts: 29
    I saw them playing at Coachella last week and they rocked! great band, I`m a big fan and I`ll be at Albany tomorrow and I`ll be jumping and screaming... I hope I`m not alone... My Morning Jacket is a great band and they have a strong energy on stage... so MMJ and Pearl Jam together is fucking awesome!
  • go in early to see them...that's all i'm gonna say today :)

they fucking rawk

oh ya...and BUY "Z" before you see them play.
  • depploverdepplover Posts: 189
    they were pretty cool!
    5/09/06, 5/10/06 - FUCKIN AMAZING!!!!
  • I will back all of this up, saw them both nights and had only heard their name previously, no songs, and got a kick out of them. Some cool stuff goin on with these guys, good show!
  • MMJ is THE BEST POSSIBLE (REALISTIC) OPENING BAND I can think of for PJ!!

I have seen them 2x on their own and they absolutely ROCK!!!!

If you are debating whether you should check them out, debate no longer. You will not be disappointed.
    This one goes to 11...
  • What was the MMJ setlist? Anyone? Dying to know here :D
    "So, Russell, what is it that you love about music?"
    "To begin with... everything" --- Almost Famous

Santiago, Chile:
    11/22/2005
    11/23/2005
    11/16/2011
    04/06/2013
    11/04/2015

Upcoming... New York, MSG, 05/02/2016!
  • kvanhimbkvanhimb Posts: 14
    have to say i'm quite proud of my louisville bretheran...my cousin has mutual friend of the drummers wife. i couldn't help but think...god, there must be some way i could use this to my advantage.
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    FROM MMJ FORUM....

One Big Holiday
    Mahgeetah
    Gideon
    Wordless Chorus
    Anytime
    The Way That He Sings
    Wonderful Man
    Golden

I think that's it... They were awesome. The sound was actually way better than I would have thought. I could hear everybody's instruments clearly, which was very very cool.

The god damn rockin' in the free world cover was crazy fun. Jim and Patrick and Carl came on stage with tambourines, and sang. It was pretty fun.

It was a great night. Now I need to prepare to do it again.
    I'll talk about PJ later. That was some intensity, holy shit.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • efrotenefroten Posts: 67
    Zoso wrote:
    FROM MMJ FORUM....

One Big Holiday
    Mahgeetah
    Gideon
    Wordless Chorus
    Anytime
    The Way That He Sings
    Wonderful Man
    Golden

I think that's it... They were awesome. The sound was actually way better than I would have thought. I could hear everybody's instruments clearly, which was very very cool.

The god damn rockin' in the free world cover was crazy fun. Jim and Patrick and Carl came on stage with tambourines, and sang. It was pretty fun.

It was a great night. Now I need to prepare to do it again.
    I'll talk about PJ later. That was some intensity, holy shit.

daaaaaamn i hope there is a duet or some cross band action in chicago or cleveland. or at least at some show so i can get the boot!
  • PJ SparksPJ Sparks Posts: 83
    The first I heard of MMJ was hearing that Cameron Crowe was very big on them, and included a few songs in Elizabethtown. I went out and bought "Z" the first week it came out, and it blew me away. I've gone back into their catalogue and there are great tracks from "It Still Moves", and a great live set from Bonaroo in 2004. I loved 'em, and look forward to seeing them in Cleveland and Detroit.
    I was hoping to get a MMJ shirt - I've got tones of PJ ones already - but there were none in Toronto. If someone at one of the American shows can post that there were/were not MMJ shirts at those shows, it'd be appreciated.

Check em out. You'll enjoy. They're kinda like a combination of Radiohead and Wilco with a southern twist to it...that should be the sticker on the album in the stores. I can't imagine people coming away with a bad impression of MMJ.
    And to all Aussie's - enjoy Kings of Leon. That's the band I was hoping to see open, damn you!!! (but having just seen the great Sleater-Kinney and My Morning Jacket, I'm not complaining) Nor should anyone who gets to see Sonic Youth, or even Tom Petty. Fuck, we're blessed fans!

PJ Sparks
    "You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it to peace".
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    PJ Sparks wrote:
    The first I heard of MMJ was hearing that Cameron Crowe was very big on them, and included a few songs in Elizabethtown. I went out and bought "Z" the first week it came out, and it blew me away. I've gone back into their catalogue and there are great tracks from "It Still Moves", and a great live set from Bonaroo in 2004. I loved 'em, and look forward to seeing them in Cleveland and Detroit.
    I was hoping to get a MMJ shirt - I've got tones of PJ ones already - but there were none in Toronto. If someone at one of the American shows can post that there were/were not MMJ shirts at those shows, it'd be appreciated.

Check em out. You'll enjoy. They're kinda like a combination of Radiohead and Wilco with a southern twist to it...that should be the sticker on the album in the stores. I can't imagine people coming away with a bad impression of MMJ.
    And to all Aussie's - enjoy Kings of Leon. That's the band I was hoping to see open, damn you!!! (but having just seen the great Sleater-Kinney and My Morning Jacket, I'm not complaining) Nor should anyone who gets to see Sonic Youth, or even Tom Petty. Fuck, we're blessed fans!

PJ Sparks

damn straight MMJ, KOL, SK and SY are very good bands! We're lucky to see KOL.. I'd rather see MMJ open because I haven;t seen them live before and from all reports they are aweomse... they havent toured australia yet anywho.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Fuckin sweet man! I hope they play Lay low for me! and someone I talked to tonight said Dondante live is overpowering and will make your jaw drop!
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • i cannot wait to see MMJ
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    hehe im hopin ill get 'Strangulation' or 'Just One Thing' :):):)

thanks for all the feed back, really gettin pumped for this weekends show!