Options

Stupid question about the Nugs Stream event

12346»

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    edited September 2020
    Never got this to play properly. Tried a few times on different days. I'm happy to support the band and its employees, and also whatever portion is going to charity, so the $10 isn't a concern. Nugs, however, was a great disappointment. I would love to see more shows like this in the future but hope 10c goes with a different vendor. These widespread problems should not have occurred. 
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,772
    mrussel1 said:
    Finally got it to work on my daughters MacBook after begging her to use it. I was really enjoying it.  Feeling so happy. Got 1/2 through Black.  Now it’s buffering.  Disappointing to say the least 
    Kicked the kid off the Xbox.  Problem solved. 😂 bedtime anyway!
    Wait, is it the same kid that you took the MacBook and then kicked her off the XBox?
    Different kid
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,627
    mrussel1 said:
    Finally got it to work on my daughters MacBook after begging her to use it. I was really enjoying it.  Feeling so happy. Got 1/2 through Black.  Now it’s buffering.  Disappointing to say the least 
    Kicked the kid off the Xbox.  Problem solved. 😂 bedtime anyway!
    Wait, is it the same kid that you took the MacBook and then kicked her off the XBox?
    Different kid
    Even better. Nice and fair. 
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,834
    edited September 2020
    I'm wondering if 10 Club themselves could host the webcast on-demand themselves in the future or partner w/ someone else. The video and audio were beautiful (and you're paying $10 for a concert experience on a good speaker system) - the app just sucked. I was able to get it going, but I felt like 19th century with all the wires going to make it happen lol
    Post edited by 1STmammal2wearPants on
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    I'm wondering if 10 Club themselves could host the webcast on-demand themselves in the future or partner w/ someone else. The video and audio were beautiful (and you're paying $10 for a concert experience on a good speaker system) - the app just sucked. I was able to get it going, but I felt like 19th century with all the wires going to make it happen lol
    agreed....it shouldn't be that difficult
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 577
    I was away all weekend and scrolled a bit thru this thread, but didn't see a definitive answer. I want to watch this show now after Sept 7 streaming deadline. From what I have read here my options are:

Nugs will be posting the show on YouTube soon?
    or
    If I buy it now I will receive a download link from Nugs?
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,804
    edited September 2020
    on2legs said:
    DJ253147 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    I cant get it to cast on my Apple TV. YouTube works but nugs has an error. Anyone?
    Same. Never got to watch it and when I sent an email to support I got a snarky response. I filed a dispute with my credit card company. Also my Ten club code didn’t work so it was $15. 
    I struggled with a few technical issues also. I have an iMac streaming to AppleTV. I got a couple of errors at first. I was ready to throw in the towel but there is a support page on NUGS just for this show which helped.Used NUGS.net as opposed to the APP. Be aware that the first 5 minutes there’s no picture or audio so advance to the 5 minute or beyond mark right away. You should see the Space Needle.Switched to Firefox and turned off all other wifi devices. Don’t give up too quick. Oh and really enjoyed the first half of the show which is all I’ve seen so far.
    Not knocking you... that’s a good explanation, but it shouldn’t be that complicated.  It’s 2020... streaming video is not a new technology.  Nugs seems to have dropped the ball.  Hopefully they’ll be better prepared next time. 
    This. After a long day with 2 kids under 3, I didn’t need to spend 45 minutes to an hour trying all kind of setups to stream a show. 
    Post edited by pledgeagrievance on
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,313
    chitty said:
    I was away all weekend and scrolled a bit thru this thread, but didn't see a definitive answer. I want to watch this show now after Sept 7 streaming deadline. From what I have read here my options are:

Nugs will be posting the show on YouTube soon?
    or
    If I buy it now I will receive a download link from Nugs?
    I don't think it's available for download 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,627
    For those that have had trouble, you can download it from YouTube using a program called 4K Video Downloader.  It's freeware.  Once it is on You Tube (which we thnk it's coming), you can dl as an mp4 and watch however/whenever you want.  It will be ad free.  I'm only speaking for those using Windows machines.  But once it is an mp4, you can put it on a thumb drive on your tv, cast it, import to Itunes onto your apple device, etc. 
  • Options
    I will NEVER use Nugs again. I - and several others have mentioned - had video but no audio. Their Customer Service is awful and abrasive. I was able to watch the STP live performance on my Smart TV last month with no issues. With PJ, I must have rebooted, re-logged in, re-everything and still no audio. What a rip off. 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,313
    I guess it's not happening on YouTube today. The link went private. Unless it was supposed to be the one from the PJ official but the person put the wrong date
    I miss igotid88