Some Pearl Jam Songs on Apple Music Sound Like Different Versions

HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
anyone else notice this? some songs sound like demos, or different versions, are quieter then the rest. i noticed this before, but forgot about it. I was just streaming Yield, and noticed it during Pilate. You can notice right away Ed's vocals during the first chorus are different than the album version. 

same with In Hiding. ed's vocals sound either slightly muted or he's not putting it all out there, like it's a rehearsal or demo. and the end of the song is quite different with an echo effect on the guitar. there's even some missed notes/wrong chords that are OBVIOUS during the build up. the verse/chorus transitions are all different. 

@demetrios
Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,919
    Hmm. What. Another No Code-thing happening with Yield?

I listened to the Spotify-version recently and did not noticing anything off except for "red dot" being named "red bar"
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    It's also named red bar on apple. i'll have to listen to more albums on apple. usually i just throw in the cd or put on the vinyl. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

kind of surprised people aren't salivating over the prospect of alternate versions of songs right under our noses. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,431
    might be an iTunes Match thing...
    nuzzer1 said:
    what does that mean?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,431
    nuzzer1 said:
    what does that mean?
    Sorry- so if you have iTunes Match and have your own music- it sometimes will sync incorrectly. I had this happen with several boots- it would be a live boot I’d upload but the studio version or a demo etc would take its place. Does that make sense?
    nuzzer1 said:
    nuzzer1 said:
    what does that mean?
    Sorry- so if you have iTunes Match and have your own music- it sometimes will sync incorrectly. I had this happen with several boots- it would be a live boot I’d upload but the studio version or a demo etc would take its place. Does that make sense?
    yes, but that's not what i'm referring to. i'm referring to going on apple music, choosing Yield to stream, and one of the songs on the studio album being a different version than the cd version I have. no downloading, no matching, no syncing, just straight streaming. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD