PJ Votes

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903

PJ Votes
News September 9 2020

Voting freely and easily is our ultimate right as citizens of these United States.  It’s a hard-fought gift from our foremothers and forefathers. Join us in our Take Three Pledge : Vote by Mail, Recruit Three Friends, and Don’t Wait.  Learn more pearljam.com/vote or text PJVotes to 52886 and join us.

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Love this band. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    The Fall swing state tour Jeff mentioned in RS would have been great but this is the next best thing I guess. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • When I leave this world, one thing I will be remembered for is my advocacy for voting.  Thank you PJ for doing this.  GOTV people, get out the vote!!!!  Every day from now until November. And every day after that.  
  • PearlgardnPearlgardn Here, there, everywhere Posts: 14
    I could not be more proud of being a PJ fan and club member. 
    Voting is our right as US citizens. Be part of the positive solution we so desperately need. Get registered to vote today. Then VOTE. 
    Make your voice heard on November 3. 
    But that isn’t all we can do. Not everyone will be voting by mail; polling places will still need to be open and staffed. Many, if not most poll workers are senior citizens who are some of our most vulnerable friends and neighbors due to Covid 19. A lot of those folks will not able to fill that role any longer for fear of contracting the disease. 
    Check with your county for information about applying to be a poll worker. 
    "Tomorrow is not promised, make plans anyway." - Lin Manuel Miranda
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    Vote!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• bootlegbootleg Posts: 433
    Love the sentiment, however I feel #1 should not just be “vote by mail” but “vote no matter what”.  We already know that they are going to try to delegitimize the mail in vote because they expect dems to vote by mail in large numbers.  They will try to declare victory on election night, and then the mail in votes will become a point of contention.  Remember hanging chads in 2000?  Now it’s going to be “I don’t think those signatures match” cause let’s be honest how many sign the exact same way they did on their voter registration?  I no longer underestimate how low they are willing to go to hold onto power.  I suggest that we take that potential weapon away from them and if you can, pledge to vote in person no matter what.  Even if you have to wait in line for 8 hours.  Even if it’s cold and raining.  Even if you are worried about Covid because this is to important.  Find out how when you can early vote in your state.  Pack your camping chairs, food, masks, gloves, sanitizer etc... take the day off from work if you have to cause this is worth it.
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    bootleg said:
    Love the sentiment, however I feel #1 should not just be “vote by mail” but “vote no matter what”.  We already know that they are going to try to delegitimize the mail in vote because they expect dems to vote by mail in large numbers.  They will try to declare victory on election night, and then the mail in votes will become a point of contention.  Remember hanging chads in 2000?  Now it’s going to be “I don’t think those signatures match” cause let’s be honest how many sign the exact same way they did on their voter registration?  I no longer underestimate how low they are willing to go to hold onto power.  I suggest that we take that potential weapon away from them and if you can, pledge to vote in person no matter what.  Even if you have to wait in line for 8 hours.  Even if it’s cold and raining.  Even if you are worried about Covid because this is to important.  Find out how when you can early vote in your state.  Pack your camping chairs, food, masks, gloves, sanitizer etc... take the day off from work if you have to cause this is worth it.

^^^^^^
    Yes! Also:

If you are able to be a poll worker, don't delay, sign up today!

World Central Kitchen has announced that they will be deploying food trucks on Nov. 3rd to polling sites where long lines are expected; I imagine other groups will be doing the same.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    Dropped off my ballot this morning at my local municipal building.  
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    Dropped off my ballot at the courthouse yesterday.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    edited October 2020

Start 'em young. This family in Philly has voted!

And, uhhhh, is it wrong if I recruited more than 3 friends?
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,034
    Nice picture there!

My wife and I took turns waking up at 5:30 in Georgia to get to the polls first thing! Definitely talking at my school to make sure we are all getting our time to vote in!