Options

Lou Brock and Tom Seaver RIP

Anyone who grew up in the 80s and 90s as most of us did cannot forget these guys.  They transcended sport.   Let us remember that we are all on The Long Road as soon as we are allowed to be born. Ultimate sadness today.  

Be nice to each other.  
Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,674
    Anyone who grew up in the 80s and 90s as most of us did cannot forget these guys.  They transcended sport.   Let us remember that we are all on The Long Road as soon as we are allowed to be born. Ultimate sadness today.  

Be nice to each other.  

I had heard about Seaver but not Lou Brock.  Two great ball player.  Yes, very sad.  I will listen to some Baseball Project music today in their honor.

R.I.P.  Lou and Tom.

Thanks for posting this, Edson, with the good thoughts you added.  My best to you.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Two of the best. I read that the batter Seaver faced the most in his career was Brock, and the pitcher Brock faced the most in his career was Seaver. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    2 pitchers in baseball have 300 wins, 3000K's and an era under 3.00

Seaver was one of them.

Brock was a speedster.  I appreciate that style of play which is almost non existent now.
  • Options
    Seaver completed 331 games today’s ball players are jokes! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    i am too young to remember both of them playing, but i met lou a couple of times when he came out for charity events. i still have some of the things that he signed for me. he was a bright spot in this city for a lot of years and he will be missed.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    My early memories are after Brock's career and when Seaver was on the White Sox.  It was years before I realized how great he was. 
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin