Options

Bruuuuuuuce in Boston?

Aswong1Aswong1 Posts: 5
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Anyone hoping that Mr. Springsteen makes an appearence at one of the two boston shows? He's playing the following night on Friday and Eddie has made a bunch of guest appearences with Bruce and the band over the years (OK, well two that I can recall).

Trying to think which PJ song I'd love to see Bruce on...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Bruce has said he'll only duet on Leash.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    I want Bruce to do RITFW... because ever since Mansfield 03 I still hear the Screaming Banshee from Sleater Kinney absloutely slaughtering that song
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    Lou, curse you for even making me think about that.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    ndv180ndv180 Posts: 80
    Springsteen show is actually on Saturday (not Friday). He's playing at the wheat field. Not sure if he'll be in town. His Euro tour just ended and the U.S. tour starts in Mansfield on Saturday.
  • Options
    DocChicago wrote:
    Lou, curse you for even making me think about that.

I've debated trying to scratch the CD boot in a particular place so I am unable to listen to that song ;)
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    That would be sweet. As a huge PJ and Bruce fan, anytime they are on the same stage is a great thing.
    I'd def. have to get that boot!
  • Options
    Born2JamBorn2Jam Posts: 255
    bostonlou wrote:
    I want Bruce to do RITFW... because ever since Mansfield 03 I still hear the Screaming Banshee from Sleater Kinney absloutely slaughtering that song

Thanks a bunch.

My ears are bleeding just thinking about it.
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
  • Options
    bruce is home as of now
    4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/8/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/4/06, 5/12/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/30/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10
  • Options
    Born2Jam wrote:
    Thanks a bunch.

My ears are bleeding just thinking about it.

actually fortunate son is what I was thinking of

both are awful
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    Rosalita Rosalita Rosalita or the River.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    when PJ first announced their tour, I was hoping Bruce would show up at one of the NJ shows. But then Bruce announced his tour, it said that he won't be in NJ when PJ is...but Bruce showing up at one of the Boston shows would be awesome. Doubtful since Bruce probably won't come up to the Boston area until Friday or Saturday, but it would be awesome none-the-less. (I am still kicking my self for not going to the Bruce show in NJ after the VFC tour in 2004 when Ed showed up....)

I am going to the 2 PJ shows in Boston and then Bruce Saturday night---what an awesome week for concerts....
    coming up

MSG 1
    Ringo the next night in Boston
    Hartford
    Boston 1 & 2

hell's yeah...
  • Options
    "I am going to the 2 PJ shows in Boston and then Bruce Saturday night---what an awesome week for concerts...."

that's my week as well, except add alice in chains last night :) it's a seattle extravaganza, with a little bruce thrown in...
  • Options
    and yes, say what you will about Sleater Kinney, but I can't say the mix of EV's sweet baritone and her high pitched whatever were the perfect mix :) Still, hard to complain with the rest of those sets in 2003...
  • Options
    Born2JamBorn2Jam Posts: 255
    bostonlou wrote:
    actually fortunate son is what I was thinking of

That's ok, cuz that's what I thought you said.
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick