What is your favorite month of the year?

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
Sorry, only one pick! 
This time of year in our neck of the woods it's hot.  How hot?  It's damn hot!  (Thank you Robin.)  And thus this is the time of year I start counting the days down until fall arrives. 
But, hey, instead of bitching about the weather, let's talk about your favorite ONE month of the year.  What be it?

Wow- OK, so I can only post 10  options.  Brilliant.  So I have to break the year down into 10 piece.  Pick one! 
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

What is your favorite month of the year? 20 votes

Jan1 - Feb 4
0%
Feb 5 - March 13
5%
brianlux 1 vote
March 14 - April 17
0%
April 18- May 25
0%
May 26 - July 2
5%
pjhawks 1 vote
June 3 - August 9
25%
lastexitlondonGlowGirldankindConorKavanaghWest Coast Dreamgirl 5 votes
August 10- Sept 13
10%
iOnlyownMymindF Me In The Brain 2 votes
Sept 14 - Oct 20
40%
PureandEasySpiritual_ChaosJimmyVRS151862rgambsSmallestOceansRogueStonerGlorified KC 8 votes
Oct 21- Nov 25
15%
mcgruff10pjsteelerfanOffSheGoes35 3 votes
Nov 26 - Dec 31
0%

Comments

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    October.  The autumn is my favourite season followed closely by the spring.  October is changing leaves and crisp, clean air.  Oh, and HALLOWEEN!!!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • June 3 - August 9
    There are lots of birthdays in June including mine and it's early summer so this is my favourite time of year Brian
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited July 2020
    Sept 14 - Oct 20
    Early fall when you can still drink a beer outside, and the sun is still shining. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Sept 14 - Oct 20
    Mid Sept to mid Oct...It’s far enough into the school year to where everyone’s settled into their routine, but early enough before the stress of the holidays. Late October begins a very sad time for me. Also, the weather is finally bearable and I love my evenings spent looking at the stars. So peaceful and healing. 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    April and May are nice because everything is coming to life and blooming, especially the gorgeous, scented Jacaranda trees with their purple blooms that we get yearly. 

But October to late November, even early December, just perfect here. The cooler weather and bundling up, the overall mood, spectacular sunrises, the scent of wood burning, the foods of the season...all so comforting. 
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    October.  The autumn is my favourite season followed closely by the spring.  October is changing leaves and crisp, clean air.  Oh, and HALLOWEEN!!!
    Yup, this. Also, October is the month that I bust out my hoodies. Hoodies are the best!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    Feb 5 - March 13
    My favorite month is February, especially a goof rainy February.  I LOVE the rain!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Oct 21- Nov 25
    MOVEMBER NO SHAVE NOVEMBER  FELLOWSHIP  VRT 77 Blog
    :how_interesting::how_interesting::how_interesting:
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Sept 14 - Oct 20
    Apple season.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited July 2020
    June 3 - August 9
    JimmyV said:
    Apple season.
    Duck season!

Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited August 2020
    June 3 - August 9
    Now is my favourite time of year as it's 36 degrees today... wow i'm still in the chosen category, that's a surprise.  Good one @Brianlux
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    May 26 - July 2
    June for the weather. Perfect weather month here in Philly area. Just gets hot, but not blazing July hot. 

Love March for college basketball and almost picked that.
    Feb 5 - March 13
    Now is my favourite time of year as it's 36 degrees today... wow i'm still in the chosen category, that's a surprise.  Good one @Brianlux

36 Celsius I assume?  That's a bit on the warm side for me.  I used to love summer but now days the heat leaves me feeling like a wilted head of lettuce!   Enjoys this good time for you!

Feb 5 - March 13
    pjhawks said:
    June for the weather. Perfect weather month here in Philly area. Just gets hot, but not blazing July hot. 

When I was a kid, we went back to Lebanon PA to visit my grandma some summers- always in July or August.  It was always sweltering hot and humid, but I loved it when a storm would break and bring some relief.  I loved those visits to PA- seeing my Amish grandma, birch beer, fireflies, thunderstorms, beautiful old buildings, and green everywhere instead of this ubiquitous 5 months of brown her out west.  I was born here and am tied to this area but I could easily see living in PA under other circumstances.

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    May 26 - July 2
    brianlux said:
    pjhawks said:

When I was a kid, we went back to Lebanon PA to visit my grandma some summers- always in July or August.  It was always sweltering hot and humid, but I loved it when a storm would break and bring some relief.  I loved those visits to PA- seeing my Amish grandma, birch beer, fireflies, thunderstorms, beautiful old buildings, and green everywhere instead of this ubiquitous 5 months of brown her out west.  I was born here and am tied to this area but I could easily see living in PA under other circumstances.
    Yes July and August can be rough. We had a two week stretch before this week that was absolutely brutal with heat and humidity.  Overall though we have a nice weather pattern here. we don't get too extreme but we get all 4 seasons in all their good and bad.  spring and fall are glorious here other than allergies.
  • June 3 - August 9
    brianlux said:

36 Celsius I assume?  That's a bit on the warm side for me.  I used to love summer but now days the heat leaves me feeling like a wilted head of lettuce!   Enjoys this good time for you!
    Thanks @brianlux
    It's gonna be just as warm tomorrow... I know what you mean about feeling like wilted lettuce, I hope its cooler there for you. Tomorrow we are heading for the beach :)  Xxx
    Feb 5 - March 13
    pjhawks said:
    brianlux said:
    pjhawks said:

Yes July and August can be rough. We had a two week stretch before this week that was absolutely brutal with heat and humidity.  Overall though we have a nice weather pattern here. we don't get too extreme but we get all 4 seasons in all their good and bad.  spring and fall are glorious here other than allergies.

Ah, yes, 4 season!  I live in western NY for two years and loved the distinct season!

Feb 5 - March 13
    brianlux said:

Thanks @brianlux
    It's gonna be just as warm tomorrow... I know what you mean about feeling like wilted lettuce, I hope its cooler there for you. Tomorrow we are heading for the beach :)  Xxx

Nice!  Have a great time West Coast Dreamgirl!

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    June 3 - August 9
    brianlux said:
    pjhawks said:

You left out shoofly pie!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Feb 5 - March 13
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    pjhawks said:

You left out shoofly pie!

Oh man, yeah!  Grandma used to make a killer shoofly pie.  And her wilted lettuce- sounds weird but it was great!

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    edited August 2020
    Sept 14 - Oct 20
    This is tough because I too like to see the buds on trees when blooming again, I also love the cooler temps of the early fall.  I was born in MA, cold weather beyond belief, and now live in NJ, God awful heat beyond belief at times. Currently experiencing a summer storm with thunder and lightening and downpours, for hours now. 

I will let my man Pete say it, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7SliN-82P0, I like every minute of the day. 

If I had to pick one, it would be fall.  But they all have their pros and cons.  
    Post edited by PureandEasy on
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    June 3 - August 9
    I am a summer girl all the way. I love the sun. But my birthday is October so I also love that time of year as well. Since I teach college, my summer work schedule is way lighter. Another plus for the summer vote. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    When i was younger, definitely the summertime. Now, more towards fall. In reality anything but the winter/cold weather.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly