Pearl Jam will be featured on the Lollapalooza Lolla2020 livestream this Saturday, August 1st

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
edited July 2020 in The Porch

This Saturday, August 1st, watch Pearl Jam be featured in a virtual Lollapalooza 2020 livestream through the Lollapalooza Youtube channel.  The weekend long virtual festival will run from July 30th through August 2nd.  Proceeds generated from this event will go to benefit the Arts for Illinois Relief Fund, The Equal Justice Initiative, and When We All Vote.  For more information about the Lollapalooza livestream, click here

Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    edited July 2020
    Pearl Jam will be featured on the Lollapalooza Lolla2020 livestream this Saturday, August 1st.

Tune in on the Lollapalooza YouTube channel.

Post edited by demetrios on
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,396
    With a Brazil 2018 performance?
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    tish said:
    Yes
    I miss igotid88
  • mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158
    Cool, they weren't on the original list so this was a nice surprise. Obviously didn't expect an actual live set, but they seem to be sharing a 20 minute slot with LL Cool J, so only like 2 songs maybe? Gotta make time for Salesforce I guess. Highly recommend watching Paul McCartney's full 2015 set tomorrow night at 9:10pm, it was amazing.
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,396
    This year just hit an all time low. I'm just gonna say it: why in the F can't 5 or 6 guys get in the same room and play a new song? It is legal there and can be safely done, no?
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    igotid88 said:
    tish said:
    Yes
    Really? That's a bummer and an easy pass. Just do another performance like they did last time with DoTC. Everyone plays their parts and layer them over each other. Maybe easier said than done. I really wanna hear live versions of these new songs lol
    igotid88 said:
    tish said:
    Yes
    Really? That's a bummer and an easy pass. Just do another performance like they did last time with DoTC. Everyone plays their parts and layer them over each other. Maybe easier said than done. I really wanna hear live versions of these new songs lol
    Well they weren't originally on this year's U.S. Lollapalooza lineup. 
    I miss igotid88
  • SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,075
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    tish said:
    Yes
    Well they weren't originally on this year's U.S. Lollapalooza lineup. 

I don't believe they ever announced this year's lineup.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    The whole lollapalooza thing, seems to be a collection of previous lollapalooza performances.  I'm not sure why people are pissed that it's not some kind of at home recording.  

On the flip side I am disappointed it's from Brasil 2018.  That one is already pretty easy to find (And in much higher quality than youtube).  It's too bad Lollapalooza couldn't air something that hadn't already been aired.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    How long will people be excited to see one off songs recorded separately?  Essentially a music video? 

• Long RedLong Red NY Posts: 185
    How long will people be excited to see one off songs recorded separately?  Essentially a music video? 
    It would be nice to see/hear the new songs played in a different setting other than the studio versions with me alone in my room or me alone in my car or me alone in the shower. 
    edited July 2020
    Long Red said:
    It would be nice to see/hear the new songs played in a different setting other than the studio versions with me alone in my room or me alone in my car or me alone in the shower. 
    They're not playing live. It's from the 2018 Brazil performance.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Long RedLong Red NY Posts: 185
    igotid88 said:
    Long Red said:
    They're not playing live. It's from the 2018 Brazil performance. Most of the performances are from past Lollapaloozas. Only the Michelle Obama thing is new and few other things
    Yeah I know. That's why I said, "it WOULD be nice."
  • jimnelsenjimnelsen Posts: 71
    Wow they cover Alice in chains? Would. Amazing. Wait they don't just kidding. 
  • tusevuntusevun Posts: 217
    The whole show is on yt already but cool I guess.
    tusevun said:
    The whole show is on yt already but cool I guess.
    Yea but there will be people watching who might not be fans or are casual that don't know about it. 
    I miss igotid88
    Tonight @ 9:40pm ET. 
    More like 9:47 or 8
    I miss igotid88
    Even Flow and that's it. Got up to 17k. Then dropped to 15 when LL came on
    I miss igotid88
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    Yup.  The best part of this was seeing the Toni Cornell rendition of Black.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    They should have countered with Pearl Jam's version
    I miss igotid88
    20 minutes later and people are still requesting more Pearl Jam. 
    I miss igotid88
    Past livestreams you had the option to "rewind". But now you can't. How many of those 17k heard Pearl Jam for the first time? Probably not that many. But maybe that 1 will go and check their catalog
    I miss igotid88
    Pearl Jam - Even Flow . Lollapalooza Brazil 2018

No promos or ads.