Pearl Jam vs Ames worth?

HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
edited July 2020 in Lost Dogs
i see two recent ebay auctions, one was $200 CDN and one was $65 CDN. I'm guessing the latter is most likely the most accurate. buddy of mine really wants it. considering giving it to him. just don't want to give away something that is worth too much. i ain't rich. lol
Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Comments

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    There aren't a ton of sales but the prices seem to track with condition. The high one was mint and the lower ones are a little banged up. If yours is in good shape it may very well be closer to that high price.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    wow. yeah, mine is in mint condition. or as close to mint as possible. i've barely touched it. maybe that's why my buddy was so freaked out when i brought it over to his house to let him borrow it. lol
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Any idea what the orange one goes for? There is one up there for sale and...uh...yeah...
    wow. yeah, mine is in mint condition. or as close to mint as possible. i've barely touched it. maybe that's why my buddy was so freaked out when i brought it over to his house to let him borrow it. lol
    Check out the $65 one. If we're looking at the same one, there's a chunk taken out of the spine.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    pjl44 said:
    Check out the $65 one. If we're looking at the same one, there's a chunk taken out of the spine.
    yep, same one. had no idea a book i never look at is worth that much. crazy. yet it's never in demand here for some reason. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I kind of got mine for free.  The Ames bros. were giving them out (or selling them in combo with) the Shawn Kemp Seattle 2009 poster at their booth in Key Arena.  It came signed by them which I guess is cool.   That's the same way I got Place/Date.  PJ was giving those away with the purchase of a poster at the 2000 Key Arena shows.
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,507
    Zod said:
    I kind of got mine for free.  The Ames bros. were giving them out (or selling them in combo with) the Shawn Kemp Seattle 2009 poster at their booth in Key Arena.  It came signed by them which I guess is cool.   That's the same way I got Place/Date.  PJ was giving those away with the purchase of a poster at the 2000 Key Arena shows.
    That's awesome. Surprised they'd throw in a hardcover signed book for free.  Did they think their poster was super ugly or something that they had to throw in something extra? ha. Was the Place/Date the hardcover or softcover? 
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    I cut many select pages and photos out of that book and made my own collage that fit inside the largest available Ikea Ribba frame. 
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    I found a NM (minimal shelf wear) copy of this at a local record store for $55 CDN today. it was on a tiny book shelf tucked away in the corner near the punk section. Pretty fackin shocked and happy all at once 👍
    Happy to have that in my collection. 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Sold mine for $100 on here last year 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Sold mine for $100 on here last year 
    Sounds like I got a helluva deal today 👍
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,597
    Jackpot! They were 50 new if I remember correctly. Great book to keep you company while you spin your records. It found a nice home.
    Loujoe said:
    Jackpot! They were 50 new if I remember correctly. Great book to keep you company while you spin your records. It found a nice home.
    Couldn’t agree more Lou. Pretty excited to flip through those pages 🤙