Dear Santa...

LoriDee64LoriDee64 Posts: 75
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
leadbedr wrote:
I DO!!!!
If its a respect thing then why cant u2 respect pj for they have done and open for them?

I believe U2 and PJ are somewhat iconic bands so this will be kick ass.
it's because these bands ask PJ to play alongside them, and vice versa, that they are impressed by them and of course the feeling is mutual. This concert is great for us who feel the same as PJ about older artists than us. These bands all recognize each other''s music as classic rock. Now PJ's opening bands are somewhat younger and I personally have an open mind to that. I like to hear old and new stuff. It's a nice mixture.

But once and a while, bands just compliment each other. Pearl Jam and U2 and crews are going to have a well deserved blast Playing together in Hawaii...

What a great after tour party this will be on that island!!!!

Dear Santa.....
BOUNDLESS
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LoriDee64LoriDee64 Posts: 75
    07-20-2006, 10:35 PM
    Animal

Anyone else think Pearl Jam opening for U2 is lame?
    I mean come on. U2 hasn't made a good record in about 15 years. Sure they're "legendary" probably more so than Tom Petty. But what is with all these has been bands asking PJ to open. Obviously from PJ's point of view it's an honor, but I couldn't bare watching PJ rock out for an hour and a half and then have to sit through Bono asking us all the save the world. U2 has some great songs, but there day is done as far as I'm concerned, and I think Bono's gone off the deep end a little bit with all his self-righteous bullshit.

LoriDee64 wrote:
    Soooooocial Crisis
    2,3,4, pause, beat beat

This is True!

This is no social crisis, just another tricky day for you.....

Just having some fun Santa!!!
    BOUNDLESS
  • erickvazdelerickvazdel Posts: 140
    LoriDee64 wrote:
    I believe U2 and PJ are somewhat iconic bands so this will be kick ass.
    it's because these bands ask PJ to play alongside them, and vice versa, that they are impressed by them and of course the feeling is mutual. This concert is great for us who feel the same as PJ about older artists than us. These bands all recognize each other''s music as classic rock. Now PJ's opening bands are somewhat younger and I personally have an open mind to that. I like to hear old and new stuff. It's a nice mixture.

But once and a while, bands just compliment each other. Pearl Jam and U2 and crews are going to have a well deserved blast Playing together in Hawaii...

What a great after tour party this will be on that island!!!!

Dear Santa.....

Totally agree.
    Im bored about the "I hate U2" posts
  • LoriDee64LoriDee64 Posts: 75
    There are only a select few who whine and bitch...first is was the PJ/TomPetty and the Heartbreaker whiners and now this....My fiancee and I thought time to have a little fun with it...

The second Gorge relay should be starting soon. It is 8:04 PM here in MI

jtorres wrote:
    Great show last night. Unfortunately for me, I'm sitting at the airport waiting for my flight back to Los Angeles (can't miss work tomorrow), so I can't make the show tonight. I've just posted my pics from the show.

Check out:

http://90068.net/jtorres

I've also got full video clips of "Dirty Frank" and "Yellow Ledbetter/Little Wing/National Anthem" that I'll post within the next few days.

Let me know what you think.

Jose
    BOUNDLESS