I am the king (queen) of the world . . . because . . .

I finally killed that fly that has been able to avoid the swatter for 4 days now.  Ahhh, satisfaction.  Got him.  

Had that feeling lately?  Please share.  What is your big accomplishment of the last week or so, has to be more impressive than mine.  But damn mine feels good to me.  

Comments

• I've just about made it through this week, this month and the first 6 months of this year which is actually  a major achievement considering the same cannot be said for the small little fly who wasn't actually harming anybody.... for all we know the little ghost fly could now be haunting you.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    It’s all relative :)

I’m assigning those titles to my docs and nurses this week.

YOU FUCKING ROCK :bow:
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    I felt like a king when I replaced a door that goes from the garage to outside. It is level AF and everything.

Then I felt like a king when I added a screen door from the garage to the house. This will allow us to gain a nice N/S or S/N cross breeze when the weather is nice. Also allows for the Princess Puppy to see additional things outside or guests approaching.

I also felt like a kind when I replaced a shower drain that was slowly leaking into the basement. It appeared to have been going on for quite awhile.

But I really felt like a king when I dug about 5 feet of dirt out of an egress window well and went and got a ton of river rock to replace the dirt with. Our window well had been filling with water and leaking through the window into the basement (poor poor  basement) during heavy rains. This improved drainage APPEARS to have resolved the issue without calling a guy and paying a minimum of $1500. In fact, it cost $38 in large river stone.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited July 2020
    Don't see how killing an innocent living being make you a king or queen. Should have tried to force it outside.

I was a king today, because I resisted the urge to but Frehleys comets first LP on vinyl. Money saved.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • @darwinstheory it sounds like you're very handy, I wish I could do stuff like that! 

Exactly @Spiritual_Chaos although maybe @PureandEasy felt as satisfied as Daniel san when he caught the fly with 2 chopsticks when he was under Mr Myagi's tutelage. 
    And here we go!
  • hedonist said:
    And here we go!
    ?
    hedonist said:
    And here we go!
    ?
    Never mind. I think I was the only one miffed at the old “killed a living thing” chiding routine.

It’s old.  
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    And here we go!
    ?
    Never mind. I think I was the only one miffed at the old “killed a living thing” chiding routine.

It’s old.  
    Nah, I just roll my eyes and chuckle to myself. Too good of a thread idea to let be hijacked. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    @darwinstheory it sounds like you're very handy, I wish I could do stuff like that! 

Exactly @Spiritual_Chaos although maybe @PureandEasy felt as satisfied as Daniel san when he caught the fly with 2 chopsticks when he was under Mr Myagi's tutelage. 
    Ahhh, but you can! So many people can be far more handy than they believe. So many tips, tricks and how to videos online nowadays!
  • Amazing, I think you are king @darwinstheory
    @hedonist yep, you're right!
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    And here we go!
    ?

It’s old.  
    Nah, I just roll my eyes and chuckle to myself. Too good of a thread idea to let be hijacked. 
    Good outlook :)
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Concubines: lots
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    I felt like a king earlier this week when I finished our bathroom renovation. That even comes with its own throne!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I've had King sized headaches a number of times.  Does that count?  :tongue:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Same here @brianlux
    brianlux said:
    Did you wake up with them after a night 9f drinking? 
    I felt like a king earlier this week when I finished our bathroom renovation. That even comes with its own throne!
    Nice! 
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited July 2020
    Somewhat unrelated... but Emmanuel Acho explained why our black friends call each other “kings” and “queens” on one of his four episodes of “Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man” on YouTube.   I encourage everyone to watch these.... 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
    Same here @brianlux
    Sorry to hear that WCD!
    brianlux said:
    Did you wake up with them after a night 9f drinking? 

LOL, well, ummm, yeah, I think that probably happened a few times way back when. :lol: 

But now days never.  I don't drink much these days.  The headaches I get now are mostly migraines but I've been getting fewer of them by avoiding foods high in tyramine.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited July 2020
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited July 2020
    I hadn't been drinking either @brianlux just pressure headaches and migraines.

Excellent advice about the tyramine @brianlux

Examples of foods high in tyramine which trigger headaches include:
    • Strong or aged cheeses, such as aged cheddar, Swiss and Parmesan; blue cheeses such as Stilton and Gorgonzola; and Camembert. ...
    • Cured meats, which are meats treated with salt and nitrate or nitrite, such as dry-type summer sausages, pepperoni and salami
    • alcohol, particularly beer and red wine.
    • chocolate.
    • food preservatives, such as nitrates, nitrites, MSG, and artificial sweeteners.
    • smoked fish.
    • yeast extract.

Thank you @1ThoughtKnown https://youtu.be/YVlNVPxotUs
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
    I hadn't been drinking either @brianlux just pressure headaches and migraines.

Excellent advice about the tyramine @brianlux

Examples of foods high in tyramine which trigger headaches include:
    • Strong or aged cheeses, such as aged cheddar, Swiss and Parmesan; blue cheeses such as Stilton and Gorgonzola; and Camembert. ...
    • Cured meats, which are meats treated with salt and nitrate or nitrite, such as dry-type summer sausages, pepperoni and salami
    • alcohol, particularly beer and red wine.
    • chocolate.
    • food preservatives, such as nitrates, nitrites, MSG, and artificial sweeteners.
    • smoked fish.
    • yeast extract.

Thank you @1ThoughtKnown https://youtu.be/YVlNVPxotUs

Good list of foods for us migraine/ headache sufferers to avoid, Dreamgirl!  I've also read citrus and avocado are high in tyramine. 

• Thanks @brianlux very useful information.
    Thanks @brianlux very useful information.

:plus_one:

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    "I'm the King Adrock and I'm the king of all Kings!"
    Ad Rock  Discography  Discogs
    edited July 2020
    I have turned into Edward Scissorhands by becoming a dog groomer for my pooch. It turns out the dog is under half the size we thought, it was all just fluff!
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    And here we go!
    ?

It’s old.  
    Right?  If I tried to get it outside I would be visited by many more flying insects. Sorry people but that fly was annoying the hell out of me.  And dear God don't think I was trying to make myself out to be a hero, it was meant to be a joke.  It's impressive the projects people have completed here in this thread.  I'm still working 5 days a week, during this whole time and I agree with WCDreamgirl, I have never been so tired in my life. Even working 3 days a week from home, I'm more exhausted than ever.  

Jeez Louise, this place sometimes.  Carry on. 
    edited July 2020
    @PureandEasy Sorry about that, I'm sure I've killed a fly or insect for whatever reason so I'll jump off the high horse. I was kind of joking though.  I work from home too (4 days a wk) and I'm well exhausted. At least the forum can help with downtime.  
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    @PureandEasy Sorry about that, I'm sure I've killed a fly or insect for whatever reason so I'll jump off the high horse. I was kind of joking though.  I work from home too (4 days a wk) and I'm well exhausted. At least the forum can help with downtime.  
    It's all good, we have to stick together.