Happy Father's Day!!!

PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
edited June 2016 in A Moving Train
Happy Father's Day to you fathers!!!

Dedicated to you all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmUP1gp6cTs
Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
Post edited by Pap on

Comments

• Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    very cool thread Pap !!!! back at ya man and thanks !

Godfather.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Thank you dad
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Happy Father's Day to the all the great dads out there!!!!!! :joy:
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Here’s my wish for today for a special father the one that resides in the WH , I hope today is your last day on earth may you choke on your steak tonight ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Here’s my wish for today for a special father the one that resides in the WH , I hope today is your last day on earth may you choke on your steak tonight ! 
    Take this shit elsewhere. Plenty of other threads.

Happy Father’s Day everyone! Easily the toughest and best job.  
    hippiemom = goodness
    Take this shit elsewhere. Plenty of other threads.

Happy Father’s Day everyone! Easily the toughest and best job.  
    I know he just needs all of our wishes specially my wish , happy Father’s Day to you !
    HFD!!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    So much for that Loves Trumps Hate thing.

unsung said:
    So much for that Loves Trumps Hate thing.

Whow what , yeah i thought he deserves a nice Fathers day wish and you did you have a great fathers day ? i hope you did ...
    :smiley:
    There’s a lot of great dads here on the MT! May you all enjoy it to the fullest..Mcgruff is a very special dad thanks for teaching kids I commend you!!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Jose you just made my day!  Thanks so much for the kind words bud and a happy father's day to you!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    Jose you just made my day!  Thanks so much for the kind words bud and a happy father's day to you!
    Cool bro enjoy it and thanks! 
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Happy Father's day! I just found out I became a grandfather today, so double special!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,711
    Congratulations  thats great for you. 

Nice  to see some positive  stuff. Love to all the  dads doing their best.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426

Theodore Decker | Some Father’s Day advice from the front lines

By Theodore Decker
    The Columbus Dispatch
    Posted at 12:57 PM

The best parenting advice I ever received came from a friend of mine who, as the father of three girls, was slightly ahead of me in the great circle of life.

The girls were well-behaved and across-the-board adorable, but I took him seriously when he pulled me aside at a party at their house one night and spoke with a conviction borne of real-world experience.

“Don’t have more than two,” he warned. “Any more, and you’re outnumbered.”

My wife and I have one sibling each, and stopping at two was already in our plans. But I remember Mike’s advice some 20 years on. Whenever I see a winded parent chasing one child with a second and third stashed under each arm, I reflect upon my friend’s wisdom.

There were plenty of times, especially in the first few months of fatherhood, that I felt outnumbered by one child.

There are new broods in the neighborhood these days, wrangled by younger couples not so far along on the life circle as my wife and me.

One family is at five kids and counting. The kids are sweet and friendly, but I know that to keep them in line, mom and dad must have the patience of a great blue heron stalking a frog.

On this Father’s Day, I thought I’d pay Mike’s advice forward with some of my own.

Theodore Decker

I make no claims as to its effectiveness in rearing Child No. 1 and Child No. 2. And if you move on to Child No. 3 despite Mike’s warning, you have chosen the parental equivalent of defying a hurricane evacuation order.

That means, should you find yourself overwhelmed and questioning your decision, you are on your own.

Now, the advice:

There will come the time for every father to embrace his right — nay, his responsibility — to embarrass his children.

That is easy.

The hard part is in coming up with a personalized method of embarrassment, one that does not compromise your inner self for the sake of turning your kids’ cheeks red.

Wearing socks and dress shoes on the beach worked for my father, for instance, but that is a line even I will not cross.

For me, the solution has come in the form of loud music.

When I was an unruly teen, I took pleasure in the obvious displeasure that my choice of music brought my dad. And almost certainly I played it far too loud.

A time-honored tradition, to be sure.

To my delight, however, I have discovered that blaring 1980s post-punk has the same effect in reverse.

There is a certain satisfaction in picking up your children and having them remark, upon hearing a band like UK Decay pummeling its way through steel and auto glass, “Don’t you think that’s a little loud?”

The best part, of course, is that as the parent and automobile owner, you have no obligation to turn it down.

There also will come a time when your oldest child is old enough to stay home alone overnight, maybe even for a few nights.

This might occur, for example, when you and your spouse are heading to Pittsburgh for a ballet competition with child No. 2.

Child No. 1 might be mature for his age and all-in-all a decent kid. He might even be well-versed in the area of emergency preparedness.

Do not let this lull you into complacency. When you set down your rules, which of course will include the mandate that NO ONE but he is to enter your home while you are gone, rest assured that he WILL violate those rules.

To give you the upper I hand, I have two words.

Trail cameras.

Yes, those camouflaged, motion-activated cameras that hunters use to see what game is roaming their hunting grounds.

Trail cams exist to spy on big deer, but I have found that they are equally effective in catching little weasels.

tdecker@dispatch.com

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    jeffbr said:
    Happy Father's day! I just found out I became a grandfather today, so double special!
    Congrats man that has to be awesome!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    jeffbr said:
    Awesome news bud!!!! Congrats.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Happy Father’s Day (and new grandpa day)!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    jeffbr said:
    Granddaddy Jeff! Big congrats to you and your son / daughter. 
    jeffbr said: I just found out I became a grandfather today, so double special!
    Congratulations Jeff! :smiley:
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Thanks, all!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    Happy Father’s Day to all fathers and grandfathers, today’s beginning Bloody Mary w/avocado on grain toast 
    Thank you for everything dad..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    He’s a part of me. Always.

I miss him; no tears anymore, but a smile that he was my dad. 
    hedonist said:
    He’s a part of me. Always.

I miss him; no tears anymore, but a smile that he was my dad. 
    Nice sentiments! I’m lucky to have him in my life we talked this morning..