Gigaton Track by Track with Stone Gossard SiriusXM PJ Radio

Comments

• KM73780 said:
    I’m curious what he said about Never Destination? Someone said it didn’t seem like he liked that one 
    He just keeps forgetting the name of it. In his defense, he didn't seem to be greatly aware of the finalized song titles. 
    looking to hear of the earth
  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,033
    Haha. I love Stone. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    I still forget Who Ever Said.  
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    The end of retrograde is gonna be on another level live. After what stone said I can see them jamming this out for awhile.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • CarisaJCarisaJ Posts: 65
    SHZA said:

Thanks so much for the link!

Still listening and enjoying it now. 
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 900
    mcgruff10 said:
    The end of retrograde is gonna be on another level live. After what stone said I can see them jamming this out for awhile.  
    I must have missed this the first time I listened so went back to hear what he said, and yes this sounds like it will be amazing. Always thought it could go on another minute or two so hopefully live versions will have that great ending. Can see it being a set closer.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Last repeat happening right now on SiriusXM PJ Radio. 
  • dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    edited June 2020
    The takeaway from this Interview is Stone was really excited about Gigaton (which I fucking love too).  Based on Stone’s multiple comments about rehearsals, and Ed’s comments from Bill Simmons’ podcast and the reddit discussion, it sounds like the boys were in top form during rehearsals.  This tour would have been epic. 
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,838
    mcgruff10 said:
    I must have missed this the first time I listened so went back to hear what he said, and yes this sounds like it will be amazing. Always thought it could go on another minute or two so hopefully live versions will have that great ending. Can see it being a set closer.
    Could Ed do something cool with the vocals like he does with Arc?? Finish the set, walk off with the vocal loop still going? Wow!
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    Could Ed do something cool with the vocals like he does with Arc?? Finish the set, walk off with the vocal loop still going? Wow!
    That and some trippy guitar effects is my guess. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    If you missed it, it's on SiriusXM On Demand. 
  • SleepJaredSleepJared Posts: 13
    edited June 2020
    demetrios said:
    Would you mind sharing a link to the Gigaton Track by Track with Stone Gossard?  Thanks and stay safe!
    1: October 1, 1996: Marine Midland Arena, Buffalo, NY (No Code Tour) | 2: August 30, 2000: Tweeter Center, Mansfield, MA (Binaural Tour) | 3: July 2, 2003: Tweeter Center, Mansfield, MA (Riot Act Tour) |  4: July 11, 2003: Tweeter Center, Mansfield, MA (Riot Act Tour) | 5: September 28, 2004: FleetCenter, Boston, MA (Warmup Show For Vote For Change Tour) | 6: September 29, 2004: FleetCenter, Boston, MA (Warmup Show For Vote For Change Tour) | 7: May 24, 2006: TD Garden, Boston, MA (2006 World Tour) | 8: June 28, 2008: Comcast Center, Mansfield, MA (2008 United States Tour) | 9: June 30, 2008: Comcast Center, Mansfield, MA (2008 United States Tour) | 10: May 15, 2010: XL Center, Hartford, CT (Backspacer Tour) | 11: May 17, 2010: TD Garden, Boston, MA (Backspacer Tour) | 12: September 2, 2012: Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA (Made In America Festival) | 13: October 15, 2013: DCU Center, Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Tour) | 14: October 16, 2013: DCU Center, Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Tour) | 15: October 25, 2013: XL Center, Hartford, CT (Lightning Bolt Tour) | 16: October 12, 2014: Zilker Park, Austin, TX (Austin City Limits Festival Weekend 2) | 17: August 5, 2016: Fenway Park, Boston, MA (2016 North America Tour) | 18: August 7, 2016: Fenway Park, Boston, MA (2016 North America Tour) | 19: April 7, 2017: Barclays Center, Brooklyn, NY (32nd Annual Rock & Roll Hall Fame Induction Ceremony) | 20: September 2, 2018: Fenway Park, Boston, MA (2018 The Home Shows X The Away Shows) | 21: September 4, 2018: Fenway Park, Boston, MA (2018 The Home Shows X The Away Shows)

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    Listened today, enjoyed it

im thinking the other dude was Brendan O’Brien 
  • Would appreciate a link as well like the rest of the ingrates :grin:
    edited June 2020
    demetrios said:
    Would you mind sharing a link to the Gigaton Track by Track with Stone Gossard?  Thanks and stay safe!
    Would appreciate a link as well like the rest of the ingrates :grin:

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Call me crazy,

...but sounds to me like Charlie H is someone named Charlie, or Charles, who works in the studio and worked on the album as an engineer or something.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Call me crazy,

...but sounds to me like Charlie H is someone named Charlie, or Charles, who works in the studio and worked on the album as an engineer or something.
    Then he sucked down a whole helium tank before asking stone questions. If his name really is Charles H then why disguise his voice?
    Call me crazy,

Then he sucked down a whole helium tank before asking stone questions. If his name really is Charles H then why disguise his voice?
    If his name would be Mike McCready or Brendan O'Brien why would be disguise his voice?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Call me crazy,

If his name would be Mike McCready or Brendan O'Brien why would be disguise his voice?
    Ask Mike!
    JPPJ84 said:
    Call me crazy,

Ask Mike!

• JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    JPPJ84 said:
    Call me crazy,

Ask Mike!

Hehe ;)
  • I wonder if the guy who started this conversation cringes every time he notices that he used "here" rather than "hear." 
  • Oops. Sorry. Wrong conversation. 
  • There we go. I added that comment to the appropriate conversation. I guess that's what happens when I try to make comments pertaining to multiple conversations at the same time. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    I thought McCready’s SiriusXM comments on Gigaton between songs sounded like he had breathed a lot of helium.
  • Maybe Charles H was one of the Hobbits from the famous films. 
  • demetrios said:
    demetrios said:

Thank you @demetrios!
  • SleepJaredSleepJared Posts: 13
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:

Appreciate the Gossard Gigaton link @demetrios - have a great week!

1: October 1, 1996: Marine Midland Arena, Buffalo, NY (No Code Tour) | 2: August 30, 2000: Tweeter Center, Mansfield, MA (Binaural Tour) | 3: July 2, 2003: Tweeter Center, Mansfield, MA (Riot Act Tour) |  4: July 11, 2003: Tweeter Center, Mansfield, MA (Riot Act Tour) | 5: September 28, 2004: FleetCenter, Boston, MA (Warmup Show For Vote For Change Tour) | 6: September 29, 2004: FleetCenter, Boston, MA (Warmup Show For Vote For Change Tour) | 7: May 24, 2006: TD Garden, Boston, MA (2006 World Tour) | 8: June 28, 2008: Comcast Center, Mansfield, MA (2008 United States Tour) | 9: June 30, 2008: Comcast Center, Mansfield, MA (2008 United States Tour) | 10: May 15, 2010: XL Center, Hartford, CT (Backspacer Tour) | 11: May 17, 2010: TD Garden, Boston, MA (Backspacer Tour) | 12: September 2, 2012: Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA (Made In America Festival) | 13: October 15, 2013: DCU Center, Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Tour) | 14: October 16, 2013: DCU Center, Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Tour) | 15: October 25, 2013: XL Center, Hartford, CT (Lightning Bolt Tour) | 16: October 12, 2014: Zilker Park, Austin, TX (Austin City Limits Festival Weekend 2) | 17: August 5, 2016: Fenway Park, Boston, MA (2016 North America Tour) | 18: August 7, 2016: Fenway Park, Boston, MA (2016 North America Tour) | 19: April 7, 2017: Barclays Center, Brooklyn, NY (32nd Annual Rock & Roll Hall Fame Induction Ceremony) | 20: September 2, 2018: Fenway Park, Boston, MA (2018 The Home Shows X The Away Shows) | 21: September 4, 2018: Fenway Park, Boston, MA (2018 The Home Shows X The Away Shows)