edited May 2020
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    Spaced
    Black Books
    What We Do In The Shadows
    An Idiot Abroad

Is ''What we do in the shadows'' good W??
    If you appreciate the humor of Taika Waititi & Jemaine Clement and the music of Mark Mothersbaugh, which I very much do...you will like this show,W!  :)
    I have no idea who are they but i add it to my list..
    W, don't pretend that you are not a TV snob. We know better. You hold the remote with your pinky raised, proudly, as you should.  B)
    You know me better than my mom W!! 
    Your mom is going to bitch-slap me with a lightning bolt, but thank you!
    Edit: That was a dumb joke to make(especially two days after Mother's Day), sorry @23scidoo
    Your mom is no doubt a cool lady, because she created you!

Also, Kim's Convenience was a good recommendation that someone made earlier in the thread. Like that show!
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Has Homecoming (Prime Video) been mentioned here at all?  Recommended?  Looks pretty good and might start watching it.
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    bbiggs said:
    Has Homecoming (Prime Video) been mentioned here at all?  Recommended?  Looks pretty good and might start watching it.
    I don’t think it has yet.  If you have Hulu, I would recommend The Great.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Finished Star trek Discovery S2.
    A bit sappy at points but I loved it.  Bummed that there are no more episodes to watch.

Moving on to Picard.
    Just watched the first two episodes of season 1 last night. Strong opening! Old school Klingons!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    edited May 2020
    showtime on demand

escape at dannemora.

this is pretty fucking good.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    dankind said:
    A bit sappy at points but I loved it.  Bummed that there are no more episodes to watch.

Moving on to Picard.
    Just watched the first two episodes of season 1 last night. Strong opening! Old school Klingons!
    I wish I could erase my memory and watch again.  I really enjoyed S1.
    S2 was also good, but S1 was better.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • ElEl Posts: 139
    Wohooo!  Dark season 3 announced to be available on June 27th!

Highly recommend if you like mysteries and convoluted plots!
    Music is what feelings sound like.
    dankind said:

Moving on to Picard.
    I wish I could erase my memory and watch again.  I really enjoyed S1.
    S2 was also good, but S1 was better.
    While I enjoyed the nostalgia of Harry Mudd returning for an episode, two episodes was a bit much, especially since the second one was a loose reworking of a TNG episode. 

But I'm too happy to have a watchable Star Trek series -- Enterprise just wasn't, in my opinion, and Voyager was barely -- to gripe too much. I'm on episode 8 next. Hopefully, we've seen the last of Harcourt Fenton Mudd for a while.

The thing I'm appreciating most about Discovery is that it's taking risks in narrative arcs and points of view. No need to fall back on campy TOS characters for fan service.   
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Glad to hear you are liking it!
    Holy shit, I knew nothing about Dave/Lil Dicky

Dave on FXX, available via Hulu and On Demand, is one of the best half hour shows I have watched in some time.  I don't really like much rap, but I loved this show.
    We’re a few episodes into Space Force.  So far it’s pretty funny.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    The Expanse.  Phenomenal.  Binge worthy.  
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Great to see so many people in this thread discovering The Expanse.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Should I watch Mad Men?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Well it is world's apart from The Wire but I really enjoyed it.  Watched the first two or so seasons on binge and the rest week by week with everyone else.
    It declined but most shows do.
    Give it a season....see what you think.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Well it is world's apart from The Wire but I really enjoyed it.  Watched the first two or so seasons on binge and the rest week by week with everyone else.
    I always see this ranked somewhere in top 10 of greatest shows. Would you put it up in that ballpark?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I always see this ranked somewhere in top 10 of greatest shows. Would you put it up in that ballpark?
    I really enjoyed Mad Men.  Season 4 was my favorite.  
    No I don't think so but I really enjoyed it.
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

Dave on FXX, available via Hulu and On Demand, is one of the best half hour shows I have watched in some time.  I don't really like much rap, but I loved this show.

Recently started watching this show and it is so funny. Dave reminds me of someone I went to college with ( same voice and body movements ) so I could not stop watching it. Also very funny.
    Matts3221 said:

Recently started watching this show and it is so funny. Dave reminds me of someone I went to college with ( same voice and body movements ) so I could not stop watching it. Also very funny.
    Yeah, I'm about four episodes in. Pretty funny.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2020
    Should I watch Mad Men?
    Yes. It's fantastic. I do place it up in the top 10 list personally.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Matts3221 said:

You went to college with dustin diamond?
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    dankind said:
    Matts3221 said:

Fifth episode centered on GaTa. Damn, man. Dude never acted a day in his life before this show. Shook.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited June 2020
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    Matts3221 said:

Fifth episode centered on GaTa. Damn, man. Dude never acted a day in his life before this show. Shook.
    The whole show made me feel that way.  How pleasing it is when something so unexpected is so enjoyable.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    Just started binge watching Schitt’s Creek. I’m on season 2. I am really enjoying it. I don’t know why I didn’t watch it when it was first on. 
    GlowGirl said:
    Just started binge watching Schitt’s Creek. I’m on season 2. I am really enjoying it. I don’t know why I didn’t watch it when it was first on. 
    My wife and I binged the first 3 seasons a while back then fell off.  After hearing how many awards it’s gotten, we’re trying to get caught up again.  Daniel Levy is hiliarous.
    Yeah that show is funny. I got bored after a few seasons but they are funny and my wife watched all the way through so I caught a few other episodes.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    My wife and I binge watched 4 of 6 episodes of The Undoing on HBO. Good, not great. Nicole Kidman is a great actress. It’s worth a watch. 
    Netflix just posted a couple of seasons of Ink Master.  I missed this show after we moved away from cable and stopped getting Spike TV.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    Just finished all of Schitt’s Creek. Loved it. I was getting used to watching 2 episodes a day. I am sad it’s over. I just binged season 3 of Search Party. I had watched the first two seasons when they aired on TBS (I think) but after it moved to HBO Max I lost track of it. Just found it again this week. Have any of you watched it?