Let Me See Your Map

2»

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    mcgruff10 said:

No shows in Hawaii or Australia?  Such an amateur.  
    Yeah.  I am a disappointment.   No California either!  
  • TH113769TH113769 Posts: 434

92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • iO letsgoiO letsgo Posts: 186

*Bucket list - AUS/NZ, Japan, Hawaii, Peru, Prague, Metro (Chicago)
  • soapmademetallersoapmademetaller Minnesota Posts: 35
    19 shows in 9 cities.  Quality not quantity ;)

• ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    edited June 2020

28 shows.  2 Provinces and 5 states.

I suppose you can tell I'm more of a road tripper.  The only time I flew for a show was Wrigley '16 because one of my best friends was living there at the time, and one of the shows was on my bday.   Seems like all indicators were pointing to go.  I count Gorge as Seattle show (given that Seattle is the closest population centre) and Pemberton as a Vancouver show.   28 shows in 7 cities (With the bulk in Seattle/Vancouver) that's some solid consistency.

I live at the bottom of that big Island northwest of Seattle (Vancouver Island).  The Idaho (00), Portland (00) and Montana (98) show were all driven.   The Calgary show I was living in Edmonton for a bit, and drove down for.  I moved to Edmonton the year after the '05 show, and moved away a few months before the '11 show.   Missed both my chances to see PJ play in a city I was actually living in.  I drove back after the Calgary '09 show, so it was, to this day, the only PJ show I've been too where I got to go home to my own bed after the show.

I also feel pretty lucky.    I know PJ tours are small and they're not really all that expansive.   I know people complain the Seattle shows have been getting fewer and further between, but between the Seattle area and Vancouver area there's something to go to every few years. Seattle '18, Pemberton '16, Seattle/Vancouver '13, Vancouver '11, Seattle/Vancouver '09, Gorge '06, Vancouver/Gorge '05, etc...

Maybe that's why I only have to road trip travel :)

Post edited by Zod on