BST 2020 Cancellation

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
edited May 2020 in The Porch
BST 2020 Cancellation
News April 8 2020

https://pearljam.com/news/bst-2020-cancellation

We've just been informed that BST 2020 has been canceled. We are hugely disappointed to share this news and are working closely with event organizers on our possible 2021 return.

In the meantime, ticket holders can hold onto their tickets and click here for the statement and full refund information. 

We are assessing the rest of the 2020 European tour dates with partners and plan to have a full tour update on Friday. We appreciate your patience in understanding that Ten Club customer service has no further information to share until then.

Stay safe.

BST Hyde Park 2020 Refund Update
News May 14 2020
https://pearljam.com/news/bst-hyde-park-2020-refund-update

Ticket holders for the previously canceled BST Hyde Park 2020 can expect automatic refunds to the original method of purchase starting today. 

See the full statement from BST Hyde Park below.

For questions or refund issues, please visit: https://support.axs.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360034530693-How-do-I-contact-AXS-UK-

"The challenges caused by COVID-19 continue to affect the global event industry. After regular consultations with the artist community and The Royal Parks regarding the ongoing crisis, we will continue to monitor the situation before announcing our 2021 programme of artists. As a result, we believe that the best course of action is to automatically refund all ticket holders whilst this process continues. No further action is needed from your side. 

Whilst we continue our discussions with the artists, we want to reassure fans that you will not miss out and if your 2020 headliner confirms for the 2021 event, you will be given priority access before the general on sale to repurchase your tickets for that show. Full details will be released upon artist announcement.

We are hugely looking forward to sharing our 2021 plans with you all and returning to Hyde Park for another incredible summer series."

Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Thanks for the update. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    The first domino falls
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • neddie vedderneddie vedder 93 million miles from the sun Posts: 191
    Sadly inevitable, still heartbreaking news though
    Manchester 09, Hyde Park 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 1+2 2012, EV Manchester 2012, EV London 1+2 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, EV London 1+2 2017, EV Dublin 2017, London 2018, Milan 2018, Padova 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2018, EV Florence 2019, EV Barolo 2019, EV Madrid 2019, Berlin 2022, London 1+2 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022

• EMC77EMC77 Almería, Spain Posts: 123
    Thanks for the update. Sadly it was something that was suposed to happen. Stay safe everyone
  • AponeApone Posts: 575
    This was inevitable.  Full tour resceheduled to 2021 on Friday?
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • RD81760RD81760 Posts: 122
    What do we think about SeaHearNow?
  • FW46778FW46778 Posts: 227
    RD81760 said:
    What do we think about SeaHearNow?

Don't think this will be cancelled yet.
    I used to be MILKwasAbadChoice...Now I am just FW46778...a math teacher in jersey
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited April 2020
    Proper thing. Received the email today. The Euro tour will be cancelled soon enough. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    Proper thing. Received the email today. The Euro tour will be cancelled soon enough. 
    Bummed out. With each day, I’m thinking Ohana might get canceled, too (late Sept). 
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Please hope that Euro tour is postponed and not cancelled. So much sweat etc put into getting those Amsterdam tix!
  • Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 489
    Bummed out. With each day, I’m thinking Ohana might get canceled, too (late Sept). 
    Based on what Gov. Newsom said last week, it is extremely unlikely Ohana is going to happen. He was asked whether he saw the NFL playing games in the state in August/September and he said he can’t see it. If that’s the case, 15,000 people packed on a beach in GA isn’t happening either. 
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,701
    I cant see the refund option could someone  clever show me please
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    I cant see the refund option could someone  clever show me please
    From the official email. 

You will be contacted directly by the ticket agent you purchased from by 6th May allowing us time to review future plans and provide full information on the ticket refund process. If you have not been contacted about a refund by your ticket agent by this date please get in touch with them directly, bearing in mind they will be extremely busy at this time.

Kearnsy
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,701
    Thanks 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -

Update for refunds.

We are disappointed that BST Hyde Park will not be returning to London this summer, however it will be back in 2021 and the promoters of the event are still working with the 2020 headliners on the possibility of them returning next year.

To avoid disappointment and secure your spot in 2021 we recommend holding onto your ticket/s which will be fully transferrable if 2020 headliner shows are re-confirmed. 

We will contact you by 13th May with information of any re-confirmed headliners and you will of course still be able to request a refund if you are unable to attend. If the new event is not confirmed you will be automatically refunded at this point and no further action will be required.

We’re working hard to see if we can get your events’ new 2021 date confirmed before automating a refund, so as to give you the best chance of seeing the show next year. If you would prefer not to wait until we have this confirmed, you can request your refund today: here

We look forward to seeing you all again soon!

Kearnsy
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    Can't say fairer than that, fingers crossed they can rearrange the show for next year.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
    tino_11 said:
    Can't say fairer than that, fingers crossed they can rearrange the show for next year.
    Im happy enough to wait till then. Hopefully the rescheduled tour starts after june 15th as Ive already booked my holidays for next year.
    Kearnsy
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Kearn5y said:
    tino_11 said:
    Im happy enough to wait till then. Hopefully the rescheduled tour starts after june 15th as Ive already booked my holidays for next year.
    I hope after June 19th because that’s the date of the rescheduled Frames show. Hopefully Ed wouldn’t want to interfere with Glen, knowing some of us love both :) 
  • Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 268
    Kearn5y said:

Update for refunds.

We are disappointed that BST Hyde Park will not be returning to London this summer, however it will be back in 2021 and the promoters of the event are still working with the 2020 headliners on the possibility of them returning next year.

To avoid disappointment and secure your spot in 2021 we recommend holding onto your ticket/s which will be fully transferrable if 2020 headliner shows are re-confirmed. 

We will contact you by 13th May with information of any re-confirmed headliners and you will of course still be able to request a refund if you are unable to attend. If the new event is not confirmed you will be automatically refunded at this point and no further action will be required.

We’re working hard to see if we can get your events’ new 2021 date confirmed before automating a refund, so as to give you the best chance of seeing the show next year. If you would prefer not to wait until we have this confirmed, you can request your refund today: here

Hold onto the tickets?! I hadn't even received mine. Were they even sent out yet?
    Kearn5y said:

Update for refunds.

Hold onto the tickets?! I hadn't even received mine. Were they even sent out yet?
    I think they just mean, dont request a refund just yet. Tickets were to be emailed closer to the event.
    Kearnsy
    JPPJ84 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    tino_11 said:
    I hope after June 19th because that’s the date of the rescheduled Frames show. Hopefully Ed wouldn’t want to interfere with Glen, knowing some of us love both :) 
    Hopefully you will get both shows. 
    Kearnsy
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Kearn5y said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    tino_11 said:
    Hopefully you will get both shows. 
    I hope so, too. It would have worked perfectly this year: Dublin on June 20, Frankfurt two days later :)
  • 3manstack3manstack Posts: 202
    So today is the day that we find out whether the band will return in 2021 to Hyde Park according to the last email from the promoters. It hopefully makes sense they will seeing as they’re in Europe for the rest of the dates but everything seems so uncertain at the moment.  
    There was a post on the Euro cancellation thread that suggested that AXS are already refunding everyone's money because they cannot confirm PJ for next year. So it doesn't sound like itll be good news I'm afraid. 

• Muffin The MuleMuffin The Mule Amersham, Bucks Posts: 427
    Has anyone received an email from AXS? I’ve seen a lot on Twitter from people asking about refunds and their standard response was to DM them. They’re being very evasive! 
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, London 8/7/22, London 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • nando1979nando1979 Castlerock (Northern Ireland) Posts: 82
    No email as yet. I guess they must still be trying to rearrange
    If hope could grow from dirt like me, it can be done.......
  • 3manstack3manstack Posts: 202
    Still no “official” word. Doesn’t bode well.....
    TBH I'm happy for them to keep my money until they can definitively announce that PJ are or aren't playing next year. Would be annoying to get a refund and then a few weeks/months later it's announced that they are going to be playing BST again after all. If anything, I think the delay could be a positive sign - it possibly indicates that discussions are still ongoing. If it was a hard 'no' then I'm sure we would all have refunds by now. 
  • Underhill70Underhill70 Posts: 16
    Just had the email, refunds are being given.

• JackD.JackD. Posts: 479
    Does this mean the rest of the Pearl Jam EU tour is in danger as well?

I think it‘s worrying that they announce June / July but give no update so far.