Strangelove Skateboards x Pearl Jam decks

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
edited April 2020 in The Porch

Coming soon a very limited run of this @strangelove.skateboards @pearljam collab deck. Artwork by our good friend @seancliver⁣ This was another item from the NYC album release pop-up shop.

Follow @seancliver & @strangelove.skateboards for more release date info.⁣
---⁣
---⁣
---⁣
#pearljam #skateboard #skatedecks #strangelove #TSURT

Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,299
    RAD!
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Not into skateboarding at all but the Kubrick connection is mighty tempting. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314

Wonder what other Pearl Jam items were to be sold @ that NYC pop-up shop event.

• PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Have these gone live yet?
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    demetrios said:

When the hell was a pop up shop even supposed to happen?  Day of album release?
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,299
    PSUS2H said:
    Have these gone live yet?
    No. Ive been watching closely. 
    I'm guessing the day of / weekend of....?
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    demetrios said:

When the hell was a pop up shop even supposed to happen?  Day of album release?
    Yes was meant to happen on the 27th as per MrTsurt 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,541

seancliver

So there was this NYC pop-up deal that was supposed to happen back in March to commemorate the release of the new @pearljam record and I’d been asked to do a deck design for said event (obviously it was corona-cancelled like everything else in the world). I was under the work gun at the time, but I still said “Sure!” because the proceeds from the decks would be going to bassist Jeff Ament’s organization that builds skate parks in rural Montana locales. Great cause, yes? Yes indeed. The gist of my deal was that I’d be given 50 decks screened in a variant color scheme to sign ‘n’ number and I’ll now have those up for sale this Friday on the @strangelove.skateboards site with a chunk of the sales going to @montanapoolservice as well. Stay tuned for further sale details.

• What is the guess for the price of one of these?  I don’t remember how much the decks from Alive and Well were a few summers ago 

"words and music...keep me floating along" - Jeff Ament
    Tor 93 - Tor 96 - Barrie 98 - Tor 00 - Buffalo 03 - Tor 03 - Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Tor - 05 - Tor 06 - EV Massey Hall I & II Tor 09, Chicago 09, Cleveland 10, Buffalo 10, Tor I & II 2011 - Hamilton 2011 - Vancouver 2011 - Wrigley 13 - Buffalo 13 - Ottawa 16 - Toronto I & II 2016 Fenway 2016 Night 2 - Wrigley 18 I & II - Hamilton & Toronto 2022
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    What is the guess for the price of one of these?  I don’t remember how much the decks from Alive and Well were a few summers ago 
    I'd guess $70-80 based on other decks on their site 

So long, and thanks for all the fish! Or eucalyptus leaves, I guess? Anyway, this LE S&N variant @pearljam deck will be available this Friday, May 1, at 9am PST/noon EST via the @strangelove.skateboards online emporium.

Checked the other boards. Shipping to Canada will be around $48.99 US via USPS. 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited April 2020
    Hope i can get one.  I’ve been supporting my local skateshops during this pandemic.  One more purchase couldn't hurt!  

Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,989
    What size are these?
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe

Event horizon: This Friday, May 1, at 9am PST/noon EST, we have an unusual release happening on the site, featuring a board done by @seancliver to thematically coincide with the latest @pearljam album “Gigaton.” Our version for sale will be the short run variant “gold” edition, limited to 50, each signed ‘n’ numbered, all hand-screened by @screamingsqueegees (the regular non-signed “silver” edition will be available from the Ten Club at a TBD date). Additionally, a portion of the sales from this board will go north to @montanapoolservice in support of PJ bassist Jeff Ament’s organization that funds and builds skate parks throughout rural Montana.

• jdasilvafjdasilvaf Posts: 187
    So psyched for these, Sean Cliver's design work for Powell & Peralta and Strangelove is amazing.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited April 2020
    Im already ISO in case i dont land one.  :lol:
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
    demetrios said:

Event horizon: This Friday, May 1, at 9am PST/noon EST, we have an unusual release happening on the site, featuring a board done by @seancliver to thematically coincide with the latest @pearljam album “Gigaton.” Our version for sale will be the short run variant “gold” edition, limited to 50, each signed ‘n’ numbered, all hand-screened by @screamingsqueegees (the regular non-signed “silver” edition will be available from the Ten Club at a TBD date). Additionally, a portion of the sales from this board will go north to @montanapoolservice in support of PJ bassist Jeff Ament’s organization that funds and builds skate parks throughout rural Montana.

• big dipper ice creambig dipper ice cream malt-hop epicenter Posts: 2,528
    the site will crash.

2024..........ANCHORAGE-FAIRBANKS-VANCOUVER-SEATTLE-PORTLAND-BOISE-SLC-MISSOULA

demetrios said:

mrtsurt Info on the Artist Edition of the Pearl Jam X Strangelove deck⁣

-Onsale Info-⁣

Date: Friday May 1st.2020⁣
    Time: 9am PST⁣
    Where: StrangeloveSkateboards.com⁣

-Deck Info-⁣

• Limited Run 50 pieces signed and numbered.⁣

• Decks come in various wood stains. What you get is what you get.⁣

• Screenprinted⁣

• Price $80⁣

-Additional Information-⁣

• Proceeds from the sale of these decks will go to Montana Pool Service to build future skate parks.⁣

• Strangelove uses Shopify for their online store. Since these decks will realistically sell out immediately I would suggest creating an account on their store before to save you time at check out. ⁣

Good Luck

the anticipation!!!
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    Went to instant sold out.
    Went from Coming Soon to Sold Out in a millisecond. 
  • jdasilvafjdasilvaf Posts: 187
    yep, didn't stand a chance
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    Where was it? I never even saw it on the site.
This discussion has been closed.