Together At Home

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
edited April 2020 in The Porch

Together At Home
News April 6 2020

On April 18th, Eddie Vedder will be teaming up with Global Citizen and the World Health Organization for a special appearence with One World: Together At Home, a one night special event, to call for collective action to stop the COVID-19 crisis.  Be sure to join and take action now:  https://glblctzn.me/2xFbpj8

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Nice! Glad to see this.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Wonderful!
  • LizJLizJ Posts: 334
    Something to look forward to! 😃
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Can't wait!
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,145
    Yes
    I miss igotid88
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    are all these acts gonna be in separate locations? Probably, right?

I saw GAGA, Vedder…..Shallow duet comes to mind, especially after hearing Bradley say Ed was an inspiration for his character 

Hope he plays comes then goes, river cross
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 718
    edited April 2020
    I'm so proud that Eddie will be a part of this. I will certainly be watching.
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just announced: CBS, ABC, NBC networks are coming together to air &quot;ONE WORLD: TOGETHER AT HOME&quot; Saturday, April 18... Colbert, Kimmel and Fallon will co-host. It&#39;ll be on broadcast + more than a dozen cable channels, YouTube, radio, etc.</p>&mdash; Brian Stelter (@brianstelter) <a href="">April 6, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    awesome news!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    River cross, stamp it! 
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 718
    DEGBTI said:
    River cross, stamp it! 

I would straight up cry if Eddie sang River Cross. I'm starting to choke up already. 

~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Tb0neTb0ne Posts: 5
    Why would anyone want to be associated with anything that involves the World Health Organization?  They helped spread Chinese propaganda and put the rest of the world in the position they're in right now. While not solely responsible, they’ve failed us. They failed in a way that is completely unforgivable. 
    I'm like an opening band for the sun.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    edited April 2020

Post edited by demetrios on
  • Tb0ne said:
    Why would anyone want to be associated with anything that involves the World Health Organization?  They helped spread Chinese propaganda and put the rest of the world in the position they're in right now. While not solely responsible, they’ve failed us. They failed in a way that is completely unforgivable. 
    YEP!!!
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    Tb0ne said:

Sad but true.  Hopefully somebody says something, but they would probably get their mic cut

Bow to China, don't let Taiwan be a part of the WHO, don't share virus information with Taiwan.

Yet,Taiwan has done better against the virus than any other country.

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Good stuff, I'll be tuning in
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Smellyman said:
    Tb0ne said:

Sad but true.  Hopefully somebody says something, but they would probably get their mic cut

Bow to China, don't let Taiwan be a part of the WHO, don't share virus information with Taiwan.

Yet,Taiwan has done better against the virus than any other country.

Yeah well I hope some one calls out our government too, you guys above have made it political so there I hope some one calls out the orange idiot! I’ll be tuned in to support 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Peacefrog1975Peacefrog1975 Posts: 715
    edited April 2020
    Very cool!
    I’d like to hear an acoustic version of Wash. 
    Stay safe friends! 
    Post edited by Peacefrog1975 on
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    “Wash my hands.....wash my hands!!!!
  • Tb0neTb0ne Posts: 5
    Orange idiot is offensive!  Citrus American, please!🤣

I'm like an opening band for the sun.
  • JedJed New York City Posts: 1,134
    I'd love to see a group performance like Elbow has been doing on youtube.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    saw GAGA on Fallon last night, she ran off all the names of the performers, she had more excitement naming a certain lead singer in a band that we love ;)
  • WashMyLoveWashMyLove Posts: 804
    Can’t wait to see this. Also a pretty cool line up. Specially two artist from Colombia making a premier appearance for the great benefit. 
  • ianh42ianh42 Posts: 193
    I marked my calendar and hoping for River Cross!
    Living in a SOLAT...SJ 11/95 SD 11/95 BB 10/96 Oak 11/97 SD 7/98 LA 7/98 BB 10/99 LV 10/00 San B 10/00 Irvine 6/03 SD 6/03 LA 7/06 Fonda 7/06 SB 7/06 DC 6/08 LA 9-30 10-6 & 10-7-09 SD 10-9-09 SD 11/13 LA1&2 11/13 MIL 10/14 OHANA FEST 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021 (EV, PJ and PJ Encore 1) SD 5/3/22 LA 5/6/22 LA 5/7/22 Fresno 5/16/22

ISO Tickets for Los Angeles both nights...I got shut out of the 2024 Ten Club tickets :-(
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,394
    CROJAM95 said:
    saw GAGA on Fallon last night, she ran off all the names of the performers, she had more excitement naming a certain lead singer in a band that we love ;)
    Back off, Lady!
  • CROJAM95 said:
    Who all is performing? I assume some of the names on the poster are just talking. 
  • JG49071JG49071 Posts: 70
    Maybe the rest of the band can all dial in with ZOOM or something and they can play as a whole. 
  • PushinPaintPushinPaint Posts: 431
    I think the only choice here is In Hiding.

Gotta play it. Perfect for the times
  • southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 988
    Back off, Lady!

:) 

rustedsigns
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    edited April 2020
    Here's some more information on the "Together At Home" special, including for audiences not in the USA. There could be more options added later on.

USA options may or may not be live at 8pm ET. Some (USA, E!, SyFy,  possibly some broadcast channels and maybe others) may not have it until 8pm PT/11pm ET.

International options may or may not be live. Check your listings in your area.

USA TV:
    NBC, ABC, CBS, CMT, Comedy Central, Logo TV, BET, MTV, MTV2, Paramount Network, Pop, TV Land, VH1, AXS TV, Bravo, E!, Freeform, MSNBC, National Geographic, SyFy, NBCSN, Univision and possibly others.

As of now, premium channels such as HBO, Cinemax, etc. are not scheduled to air it.

iHeart Media (could be audio-only.)

UK TV:
    Channel 5
    BBC One delayed on Sunday

Argentina:
    Telefe

Australia:
    Network 10

Canada:
    Bell Media networks and platforms such as CTV (including its website and mobile app), CTV 2, TSN, CP24, Much, MTV, Vrak, and Crave.

France:
    France 2 and France Télévisions' website, france.tv.

Other international broadcasters include the beIN Media Group, MultiChoice, and RTÉ.

Online:
    Alibaba, Apple, Facebook, Instagram, LiveXLive, Prime Video, Tencent, Tencent Music, Tidal, TuneIn, Twitch, Twitter, Yahoo!, and YouTube.

Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"