The lengths we had to go to...

wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 291
to find a place Trump hadn't fucked up yet.

So, yeah. there's that. Thank you fellas.

Comments

• bobear05bobear05 St. Louis Posts: 740
    Give him a second, he will....
    all and all it's no ones fault
  • wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 291
    God how I love angry Pearl Jam
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    The distance in your eyes
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,447
    tdawe said:
    haha! You beat me to it. Been listening to a lot of REM lately. So good! 
  • bootlegbootleg Posts: 433
    Love the song probably my favorite on the album (maybe past couple albums). I like political PJ too and can’t stand the pres either but wish they didn’t directly reference Trump.  The truly great songs are timeless.  The direct reference ties it specifically to this pres to this time right now.
    The sitting bullshit reference in 7 o’clock is a better example of blasting him but not directly referencing him.  

Also it feels like it’s crammed in a little...doesn’t quite fit the melody.  Still a great song though.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    bootleg said:
    Love the song probably my favorite on the album (maybe past couple albums). I like political PJ too and can’t stand the pres either but wish they didn’t directly reference Trump.  The truly great songs are timeless.  The direct reference ties it specifically to this pres to this time right now.
    The sitting bullshit reference in 7 o’clock is a better example of blasting him but not directly referencing him.  

Also it feels like it’s crammed in a little...doesn’t quite fit the melody.  Still a great song though.
    What Bu$hleager isn’t timeless??
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    TJ25487 said:
    tdawe said:
    haha! You beat me to it. Been listening to a lot of REM lately. So good! 
    Listening to New Adventures (perhaps my favorite album of all time) while cooking dinner the other night brought me an insane amount of comfort. 
  • bootlegbootleg Posts: 433
    bootleg said:

Well considering they haven’t played it live in 13 years yeah.  Also Bushleaguer was a term used before and has a more general definition as a minor leaguer so it could be applied to anyone in a position they’re not qualified for.  There is the line about he’s a Texas leaguer but it’s still less direct.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    I'm sure there will be plenty of terrible conservative politicians around for a while where they can substitute their name in for Trump. 

• hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    And plenty of progressives too, both parties are full of idiots
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Ok. I just wanna say I fucking love the song. Everything about it. They are 3 for 3 so far. Wicked excited for tomorrow. 

Now about the trump reference. It’s so short and the question I ask is Gimmie Some Truth any less kick ass today then it was when Lennon first sang it. It is a time capsule for the song but still rings true today. They amount of damage this administration has done will be seen for years to come. I say well done by the boys for still having that fire to speak their minds with such kick ass music. Ready for tomorrow!!! 

Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    bootleg said:
    bootleg said:

Well considering they haven’t played it live in 13 years yeah.  Also Bushleaguer was a term used before and has a more general definition as a minor leaguer so it could be applied to anyone in a position they’re not qualified for.  There is the line about he’s a Texas leaguer but it’s still less direct.
    Apparently still timeless as Bu$hleaguer trending at Rolling Stone today...  😀

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/pearl-jam-bushleaguer-live-boos-973439/

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 291
    Ok. I just wanna say I fucking love the song. Everything about it. They are 3 for 3 so far. Wicked excited for tomorrow. 

Now about the trump reference. It’s so short and the question I ask is Gimmie Some Truth any less kick ass today then it was when Lennon first sang it. It is a time capsule for the song but still rings true today. They amount of damage this administration has done will be seen for years to come. I say well done by the boys for still having that fire to speak their minds with such kick ass music. Ready for tomorrow!!! 

+1
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    LOVE IT. F that guy.
  • To be honest, Pearl Jam has gotten me through a lot of tough, dark times. Most of all when I lost my parents. I will always love the band, and their music. Having said that I do not agree with their political stance l, and that’s ok. I have co-workers whom I don’t agree with and I still care about them greatly. I still go to Pearl Jam concerts whenever I get the chance. I’ve met so many great people at PJ concerts!!!! Even got engaged at the 8-8-18 home show!! I love “quick escape” because it’s an awesome tune. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion wether it’s musically or politically. What I’m getting at is, I wish this day in age people didn’t bash everyone else who doesn’t agree with their beliefs. 

Jam on everyone I’m stoked to spin the record tomorrow!