Options

Remember A Month Ago ?

Complaining about location of PJ tickets?
Complaining about lack of PJ Shows?
Complaining really about anything that you now realize was a huge waste of time?

It seems like a month ago was basically a year ago at this point.  I spent so much of my time worrying about things that really did not need to be worried about ( Side note Heavy Depression / High Anxiety )

Maybe passing up on plans with friends because you just did not feel like it or leaving a family party too early because ya know family.

Now I just want to see my sisters , brothers , nieces , nephews and most of all my mom.

The only thing I can hope for when this is all over is a change in society , were we don't take shit for granted , were we see our friends more often , more family dinners.

Life is crazy , I know we will get thru this , I am just as scared as most about my mom , anything anyone else misses from a month ago or what they want to change once things get back to normal.

Trying to start a positive conversation , not negative just about what we will change once we are back.

Love to all  

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    I'm right there with you, Matt.

We're also concerned about our Mom...and I would love to see her right now. My wife & I have been calling everyone over FaceTime & that's helped a bit.

I truly hope this changes the way we all treat each other and how we treat our home. This is the only planet we've got, after all.

I miss baseball. I miss going to concerts. Most of all, I miss the sense of freedom that this virus has taken away. Sending love to everyone.

Be safe.

matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,682
    I totally understand where you're coming from, Matts.  It's a brand new world we have entered.  My biggest concern is for my sister who is a few years older than me and is fighting an infection from what was originally a minor wound.  Her immune system is challenged due to the heavy duty antibiotics she is on.  Calling and checking in on her by phone is a regular part of my routine these days. 

I also have concern for my wife and I and most of my friends here as we are all in that more vulnerable age category.  That, however, has come into question as it appears the virus can be worrisome for any age group.  This is why sheltering at home is so important for as many as possible. 

Major kudos for those on the front lines in health care and services.  You are all heroes.

I've started a COVID-19 journal, backdating to the 2nd of March when things really started heating up here in to U.S., and on to the 15th which was our last day of work and the last day the bookstore was open, and on up to the present in dealing with my four spider bites and trying to fill the hours with doing something useful.  Watching the news is a daily event, but only at the noon hour, not later in the evening or before going to bed.

Take care all and be safe.  I hope we all get through this safely.  Thanks all for good support and good care everone.  That's a tribute to the kind of good folks PJ fans generally tend to be.  Great band, great fans.  That's pretty cool!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    Funny I was just having a long talk with an old friend and she asked me about something she told me about 2 weeks ago and I had to admit that it's all kinda a blur---too much too fast.  Our "new normal" shows how much we have taken for granted. I love my country, but after alot of traveling I do think Americans (not everyone but in general) are spoiled by the lifestyle we've enjoyed and are often impatient and demanding when dealing with inconveniences.
    I hope this helps to realign people's priorities and also to realize what you are able to do without.  The paper product I haven't had luck getting is paper towels but I do have napkins and alot of rags and old towels to clean up spills or messes. I'm lucky to have tap water here that is drinkable if need be.
    All I want is to see my mom again. She's in the hospital since early Friday morning. I was able to get in Saturday before the policy of 1 visitor for certain patients was changed to no visitors. I have a LONG post in another thread about that experience.
    I have battled depression but haven't had problems with high anxiety before now. I believe the lack of answers, planning, changes and the angst about the unknowns are going to affect alot of people in the coming weeks. Mental health, as well as health care in general, will be more underserved than ever.
    I hope this also makes the nationalist movement loses momentum as we all see countries and borders are not a security and we all share the same world.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,682
    camsjam said:
    Funny I was just having a long talk with an old friend and she asked me about something she told me about 2 weeks ago and I had to admit that it's all kinda a blur---too much too fast.  Our "new normal" shows how much we have taken for granted. I love my country, but after alot of traveling I do think Americans (not everyone but in general) are spoiled by the lifestyle we've enjoyed and are often impatient and demanding when dealing with inconveniences.
    I hope this helps to realign people's priorities and also to realize what you are able to do without.  The paper product I haven't had luck getting is paper towels but I do have napkins and alot of rags and old towels to clean up spills or messes. I'm lucky to have tap water here that is drinkable if need be.
    All I want is to see my mom again. She's in the hospital since early Friday morning. I was able to get in Saturday before the policy of 1 visitor for certain patients was changed to no visitors. I have a LONG post in another thread about that experience.
    I have battled depression but haven't had problems with high anxiety before now. I believe the lack of answers, planning, changes and the angst about the unknowns are going to affect alot of people in the coming weeks. Mental health, as well as health care in general, will be more underserved than ever.
    I hope this also makes the nationalist movement loses momentum as we all see countries and borders are not a security and we all share the same world.

Great post, cams!

And best wished for your mom. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    Not just lack of PJ shows. 

The amount of people whinging on The Porch that PJ cancelled the tour was ludicrous.

PJ did it well before most.  Always one step ahead they are.
    Matts3221 said:

The only thing I can hope for when this is all over is a change in society , were we don't take shit for granted

Unfortunately people quickly forget and get back to consuming trash and ignoring things that matter

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    camsjam said:
    Wishing you & your mom the best for a speedy recovery, stay safe 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    camsjam said:
    Sending good thoughts to you & your Mom.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    camsjam said:

Very to sorry to hear about you mom , thinking of you. I agree as well about your demand to have everything right now , why should I have to wait , ect ect.

I seem to see the best in some people and the worst in others , I feel for everyone because I think depression and anxiety are raising not just with those whom have suffered with this issue but really a good percentage of the population right now. I think mental care will be a big step after the virus itself burns out ( the issue of course is how long will this effect us 3 months ,  6 months , a year ) I also think we have so much that will need to mitigated after this is all over that we really are looking at years and years before we start to feel normal again.

Again my thoughts are with you and your mom and I hope for a speedy recovery.

• Options
    camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    Thanks for the well wishes everyone. Hope everyone stays well and even if it takes awhile this too will pass. Everyone is facing their own set of unique problems and deal with it differently. I love there's so many kind people on the forum.