Coronavirus conspiracies

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
Does anyone think maybe China started this thing to ruin the west in order to make their rise to number one superpower easier?

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

Comments

• Jason7192Jason7192 Southern Indiana Posts: 311
    That's asinine.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    In these crazy times, anything is possible.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    just stop for fucks sake.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    No.  I'm not saying some Chinese leaders and some people there might have grand illusions of taking over the world (like Greece, Rome, Great Britain and the U.S. did), but not this way.  It started because China is over-crowed to the point where people there eat anything they can get their hands on including bats and other wildlife.  It's the caged animals they keep in close and unsanitary quarters that has caused COVID-19 and other viruses to spread from animals to humans and outward into the world.  If people didn't travel as much as we do this might have stayed more locally in China.  No, their economy will be trashed like the rest of the world.  They didn't plan for that to happen.

I've recommended this series to read to get an idea of what the future may very well look like:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mickeyrat said:
    just stop for fucks sake.
    +1. It is already difficult to get the facts out there to people who need them. This kind of bullshit just confuses the issue and emboldens the kooks. Absolutely unhelpful.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    This from an 80s medical journal makes me wonder...

• SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    edited March 2020
    Inappropriate and offensive. Please see the Posting Guidelines and TOS.
    Please take good care of each other. Thank you
    Post edited by Sea on
This discussion has been closed.