Options

Loss of PJ membership due to scalping

2»

Comments

• Options
    guitar101guitar101 Sutton, ON Posts: 397
    Dont all of the re-sale sites conceal the exact seat numbers and only show section and row? 
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,182
    guitar101 said:
    Dont all of the re-sale sites conceal the exact seat numbers and only show section and row? 
    Stubhub has seat numbers on some listings. The seller has the option to include them. 
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,865
    edited February 2020
    Wouldn't there be digital records of all transactions? If you got tickets through 10C, the club knows your TM info. They (meaning TM and/or 10C) should be able to see that you transferred them to another account, and they should be able to see that account is the one selling them, or that they transferred them to someone else, who is now selling them.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    mpedone said:
    Wouldn't there be digital records of all transactions? If you got tickets through 10C, the club knows your TM info. They (meaning TM and/or 10C) should be able to see that you transferred them to another account, and they should be able to see that account is the one selling them, or that they transferred them to someone else, who is now selling them.
    There would be a lot of help needed from Stubhub to get that info which I am betting they would not do. Again look at all of the GA for sale. They are 10C tickets for sure obviously and nothing is happening to those sales unfortunately. 
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,865
    PJNB said:
    mpedone said:
    There would be a lot of help needed from Stubhub to get that info which I am betting they would not do. Again look at all of the GA for sale. They are 10C tickets for sure obviously and nothing is happening to those sales unfortunately. 

I get that, but TM should be able to see the transfers, even if sold on StubHub, as the tickets are on their platform, yes? I'm not going to Denver or NYC, so I'm not sure if those tix are different - all of mine are in the TM app. Sure, they wouldn't be able to see how much they sold for, but my main point was that they should be able to see that OP transferred the tickets to someone else, and thus he is not the one scalping them now. Further, if the tickets had only been transferred once, they could assume that the 2nd buyer is also the scalper.
    I guess the issue is proving that any particular set of tickets on SH are the ones that the OP sold. I mean, either way, I think the OP is in the clear - either they know that OP already transferred the tickets and have no proof that he didn't sell them for face, or they can't actually prove the OP is selling them on SH for more than face.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    mpedone said:
    PJNB said:
    mpedone said:

I get that, but TM should be able to see the transfers, even if sold on StubHub, as the tickets are on their platform, yes? I'm not going to Denver or NYC, so I'm not sure if those tix are different - all of mine are in the TM app. Sure, they wouldn't be able to see how much they sold for, but my main point was that they should be able to see that OP transferred the tickets to someone else, and thus he is not the one scalping them now. Further, if the tickets had only been transferred once, they could assume that the 2nd buyer is also the scalper.
    I guess the issue is proving that any particular set of tickets on SH are the ones that the OP sold. I mean, either way, I think the OP is in the clear - either they know that OP already transferred the tickets and have no proof that he didn't sell them for face, or they can't actually prove the OP is selling them on SH for more than face.
    There are definitely ways to find out as you mentioned but aside from 10C staff do the other parties even care?
  • Options
    ClapperClapper Toronto Posts: 206
    edited February 2020

I know this is unpopular opinion but the amount of time people spend worrying about this is shocking.  I know there is the principle of it and something, something, apathy is bad etc. but what is the outcome you are hoping for?  Your seniority goes up by one number?  Your seats are one spot closer?  Moral high ground? It seems like way to much effort based on what would actually come of it.  If 10C spends any time on this, the whackjobs in the missing singles thread are never getting their music lol. 

1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II