Superblood Wolfmoon dropping soon?

Comments

• its fun, it's catchy, is got some 80's hard rock shredding and gang chants. I love it
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    KN219077 said:
    Song sounds awesome with good headphones on. I like it more with each listen
    This has been my favorite thing about both songs so far - the production technique is outstanding dynamically. Excited to hear the entire album on headphones and in my car. 
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 246
    The video is what did it for me. 

At first listen I was pretty uninspired. But then the video lightened up my perspective. It’s just supposed to be a fun song. And you know what, it is!  And it’s a banger that should be amazing live.  It just makes your head bob like MM’s in the video. 

It ain’t gonna win any Grammy’s but I’ll be singing it full throat in 6 weeks when they play it. 

Once I stopped trying to critique it, I could really enjoy it. Well done boys.  
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Portland 5-10-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • Hankj25 said:

This
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Hankj25 said:

At first listen I was pretty uninspired. But then the video lightened up my perspective. It’s just supposed to be a fun song. And you know what, it is!  And it’s a banger that should be amazing live.  It just makes your head bob like MM’s in the video. 

It ain’t gonna win any Grammy’s but I’ll be singing it full throat in 6 weeks when they play it. 

Why can't it win a Grammy?
    I miss igotid88
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517

Hankj25 said:

Have you seen Grammy winners?

bleh....Whatever crap pop sells the most wins
  • Hankj25 said:

Im with you on this. Not the  grammy part im not into that. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    I have listen to this about ten times..starts very nice but after the 'lalala' part i've lost it..
    sounds Backspacer to me..maybe live feels it better..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Spags said:
    Spags said:
    Also I think the words are:

Both my eyes are swollen, my face is broken, 
    And I’m hoping that I hurt ya... hoping that I hurt ya... hoping that I hurt ya fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiist!
    Could well be "hurt" rather than "heard"! Not sure about "fist" though.

Though "heard" would echo back to the first line.
    Motherfucker needs to enunciate!
    Spags said:
    Spags said:

And I’m hoping that I hurt ya... hoping that I hurt ya... hoping that I hurt ya fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiist!

Spags said:
    Spags said:

Wonder how fast they play it live?
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    Reading some of the “la da da” criticism on this track got me thinking about State of Love and Trust. Anyone who doesn’t like this on SBWM care to share if the “hey na na na na, hey that’s something” or “hey ooh hey ooh hey ooh” parts of SOLAT fall short for you as well? I really enjoy both and think they are well placed in each song, but have always been a music first, lyrics second type of person. Just curious how many people are opposite on this.
  • I absolute endorse the “watch the video” comments , I dont think I quite picked up on the humor of the song until I did that , paryicularly the la da da bit. 

Its not as good as dotc for me but its a pretty good song - agree with the johnny guitar and undone comments too. Looking forward to seeing live ! 
  • Saw a friend  from  here's band play this live last night.
    Its good live.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    JW269453 said:
    Reading some of the “la da da” criticism on this track got me thinking about State of Love and Trust. Anyone who doesn’t like this on SBWM care to share if the “hey na na na na, hey that’s something” or “hey ooh hey ooh hey ooh” parts of SOLAT fall short for you as well? I really enjoy both and think they are well placed in each song, but have always been a music first, lyrics second type of person. Just curious how many people are opposite on this.

Both songs are ok but nowhere near their best work.
  • KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    JW269453 said:

Both songs are ok but nowhere near their best work.
    I don’t think anyone is expecting their best work to emerge 30 years in, especially after the last two albums. It’s a fun rocker that holds its place well enough in the few albuma worth of material 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    23scidoo said:
    I have listen to this about ten times..starts very nice but after the 'lalala' part i've lost it..
    Disagree...I think this is miles beyond backspacer or lightning bolt.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    23scidoo said:
    I’d agree with this. Save for a few songs on both albums combined, the new songs have a much more mature and developed sound to them 
  • PJALKPJALK Posts: 83
    23scidoo said:
    This song  gets better with more listens.  At first I was thinking it’s just ok, decent song. Now I crank it up and just kicks ass.  Love it. 
  • Definitely took a few listens, but wow what a song, love it! I'm gonna say best thing I've heard since Yield. Also love DOTC
  • Ok now i love it
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Ok now i love it
    Nice!!!!! Love seeing people change their minds 
  • I have found over the years ive disliked  lots of songs which ive gone on to love. Its my way. But i loved DotC first time odd for me! 
    I now hear DotC as a darker song . And  i hear this  one more up tempo and enjoyable
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• The la-la-la section is plain weird. Where it is located. Haha.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • The la-la-la section is plain weird. Where it is located. Haha.
    Thats one of my fav bits
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• I will say  jeff makes  this  song for me. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    The la-la-la section is plain weird. Where it is located. Haha.
    I interpret it as the “singing in the distance”. Assuming that is the true intent it makes much more sense, to me anyway.
  • DozierDozier Posts: 31
    I have found over the years ive disliked  lots of songs which ive gone on to love. Its my way. But i loved DotC first time odd for me! 
    I now hear DotC as a darker song . And  i hear this  one more up tempo and enjoyable
    I'm in the same boat.  I don't like any Pearl Jam the first time I listen to it.  The new stuff all takes time to grow on me.  Very few exceptions to that list.

A buddy of mine forced me to listen to Ten for months when it was released before it grew on me.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    this song is getting better with every listen!  So catchy.  I love it.
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,771
    Honest question - is this song about a surfboard?
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • mpedone said:
    If Eddie wrote the lyrics then I say there's a 50/50 chance.
  • mpedone said:
    I hope so. That would be awesome. Can't wait to surf to this. 1st I'll ski to it.