Options

Superblood Wolfmoon Reactions

124»

Comments

• Options
    False_BeliefFalse_Belief Cardiff Posts: 749
    This absolutely slaps.  Had it on repeat all day yesterday and I've decided it's easily my favourite Pearl Jam single released this century - and I loved DotC too.  It's on a completely different level to other similar mid tempo rockers from the last couple of records.   Something like Getaway, to me, sounds completely phoned in.   They sound completely rejuvinated on this.  Ditching BOB turned out to be a masterstroke. 

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• Options
    stratmadstratmad Posts: 208
    edited February 2020
    Lots of ideas in the pot that don’t quite hang together. As others have said the post solo part of the song is much tighter with the chuggy descending riff. Mike’s solo is different from what I expected but that it goes against expectations works even if the solo in itself isn’t as interesting as what he did in DOTC. 

I don’t hate the song, it just does enough to be interesting but that’s about it. I’m more keen to hear how this song fits into the rest of the album as a whole. 
    Post edited by stratmad on
  • Options
    Who is asking for Better Man 2?   
    soccer moms 
    Song sucks.
     I want more Hard to Imagine, Footsteps, Fatal, G2F, Whipping, Immortality, Life Wasted, In My Tree, In Hiding, Off He Goes, Long Road ....I could go on (but I won't)
    Signed, 
    fan from the beginning and a soccer mom.
    Get your shit together... This song does not suck lol... And I'm a huge fan of every song you listed. 
  • Options
    bigperm said:
    After reading comments here and mostly in the red mosquito forum, I was worried about hearing this for the first time.  I’ve seen words like “embarrassing” and “cringey”...

I haven’t been a huge fan of the sound they’ve settled into for past few albums.  But I really like DotC, and then SBWM hooked me on first listen and it’s only getting better with each listen.

I actually think Eddie sounds pretty good here.  Yeah, a bit wordy but I think it works in this song.  Wish I could understand what he’s saying though.

I’ve seen a lot of comparisons, but this sounds different to me.  I think it’s closest to that Yield sound

I’m excited for the album.  I’m 2/2 so far and I’m just happy these guys are still playing.
    Hell ya! 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    I’m looking forward to hearing this in Baltimore I like it!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    I like the song quite a bit.  Though I do tend to like songs best (especially live) when I know the lyrics and can quietly sing along.  There is no way I get this song's lyrics right...and I seriously doubt Ed does either.  There should be an entire thread counting the number of times Ed messes up the lyrics ot this song...I'd be willing to bet it is nearly every show it is played!!!!

Also - what is the song about?  I have my own opinion after listening and reading the lyrics a few times, but what do you all think?

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,103
    It’s the best song of its kind that they’ve released since 2006.
  • Options
    Love this new tune.  The more I play it, the louder I play, the more I want to play it more.  Can't wait to see it live -- it's a song you can't sit still while listening to.  
    Yeap. This is the loudest I've played a new pearl jam song in a long time.
  • Options
    TinaETinaE Germany Posts: 1,268
    edited February 2020
     lo igotid88 sagte:
    Ich hasse es, weil es Worte, Gesang, Texte, Instrumente und Musik enthält. Ich brauche mehr Summen 
    :lol:

Post edited by TinaE on
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    Played it on repeat this morning in the car and found myself accelerating after that solo ends and all the guitar parts start layering in. Best part of the song. Love that Stone sound and the thump in Jeff's bass.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    slobberdog68slobberdog68 In Hiding Posts: 683
    edited February 2020
    Post edited by slobberdog68 on
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,061
    Both of the new singles are fresh, different, creative and have a unique sound to them. Just embrace it. This is new Pearl Jam. I’m loving both songs. 
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,493
    Too much of a Backspacer vibe.  Johnny Guitar part 2.  I love, love DotC, but this is not in the same league.
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    Sounds like a Backspacer B side. 

Which if you like backspacer, is probably a good thing. 
    Lol if this were released as a B side everybody would be talking about how great it is and it should be on an album!
    This!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I just listened this morning and much better than the last two! Nice little guitar solo in there, as well.
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    Compared to the other first releases of past albums I truly love these two gems DotC and Superblood Wolfmoon! 
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,214
    Now for the music video. See u in 1 hour
  • Options
    bigperm said:
    After reading comments here and mostly in the red mosquito forum, I was worried about hearing this for the first time.  I’ve seen words like “embarrassing” and “cringey”...

I haven’t been a huge fan of the sound they’ve settled into for past few albums.  But I really like DotC, and then SBWM hooked me on first listen and it’s only getting better with each listen.

I actually think Eddie sounds pretty good here.  Yeah, a bit wordy but I think it works in this song.  Wish I could understand what he’s saying though.

I’ve seen a lot of comparisons, but this sounds different to me.  I think it’s closest to that Yield sound

I’m excited for the album.  I’m 2/2 so far and I’m just happy these guys are still playing.
    Careful....people will call you a PJ apologist....
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,914
    edited February 2020
    After the opening drums from "Undone" and the opening guitar sounding a lot like "Don't Gimme no Lip", it does take a lot from "Johnny Guitar".  I hear a lot of things from Avocado as well.  Like "Life Wasted" and "Worldwide Suicide".  They can steal from themselves.  They have in the past.  Like that ending guitar solo in "Ghost" sure sounds a lot like the same in "State of love and trust", and the guitar break in the middle of "Dance of the Clairvoyants" and the guitar riff in "Severed Hand" com directly from "Porch".  As for Superblood... I like it a lot but there are a couple of thoughts I have...  I wish the la la la la part came later in the song.  And in the 1st couple of minutes (edit: at 1:36), there is a part that feels sparse.  I can't describe it but from a sound perspective, makes me feel like I'm stuck behind a slow car and the other lanes are moving.  I get the same feel in "Life Wasted".  I think the last couple of minutes flow better than the first.  Overall like it.
    Post edited by Veddernarian on
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    If you don't like Superblood Wolfmoon then you are obviously dead inside.