Options

Ticketmaster Customer Service

Noticing a lot of observations on Ticketmaster’s communications and knowledge of customer service agents so I thought I’d share my perspective as someone involved in communication policies for another global corporation with millions of customers.  

Speaking for my company, there is a lot of thought put into every little piece of communication we send to customers, and we always do our best to mitigate the risk of creating new questions or frustrations, which drive call center volumes and complaints.  We have strict controls on how details are communicated (especially concerning new processes) and we’ve gotten pretty good at forecasting which one of our many customer service numbers should expect a spike in inbound call volumes, and when to expect it.  And we equip those contact centers with the information they will need to handle those calls, kinda like this...
“Hey, a bunch of customers (like 2.8m) are going to get an email with a bunch of privacy disclosures that we’re required to send because of some changes to California privacy regulations...  Anyway the email is super clear but a lot of customers will still be confused so you can expect them to call with the following questions... here’s how you answer those questions and address their concerns.  And by the way we’re not dropping all 2.8m emails at once, we’re spreading them out over the next 8 weeks so you don’t choke on all the calls at once, which makes life miserable for call center employees and pisses off our customers.  
In order to alleviate some inevitable customer dissatisfaction we’re switching our hold music to Binaural.  Don’t forget to wear your Hawaiian shirts Friday.”

So if the dude you get on the phone seems to know less than you about how your fan club membership applies to the F2F ticket exchange for the Baltimore show, it’s because it’s unlikely they have been schooled on it.

Comments

• Options
    I don’t think Fan club membership means anything for F2F.
  • Options
    I don’t think Fan club membership means anything for F2F.
    It doesn’t, but I like to imagine the eye rolls when they hear ‘I’ve been a 10 club member since 98’.  
    And the conversations among the service reps after they get off calls...  
    “LUKE BRYAN FANS ARE THE WORST!”
    ”...Just wait until U2 tours again”