I just listened to a preview of Super Blood Wolf Moon

13»

Comments

• Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 145
    Sounds great.

Jack White might be in touch regarding borrowing the 7 nation army riff though.
  • Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 145
    Not doing anything for me. 0/2 on the new album songs so far. 
    Gigaturd ?
  • Maybe this was asked here or another thread but can someone who was at the listening party clear this up? Where in the song is this? I am assuming outro. Is it the same section repeated or does it really close like this?
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    kramer73 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Album sucks 
    Cool
    I feel bad for you if you took my comment seriously 
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    Kearn5y said:
    Sounds like Sonic Reducer to me
    Sonic Reducer + RVM was what I kept hearing, which I have no issues with
  • scornlanderscornlander Colorado Posts: 98
    Not doing anything for me. 0/2 on the new album songs so far. 
    I'm 0/2 as well but I'm holding out hope that they sound better live.   
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    I like the few seconds of it. I’m loving the new direction so far between the sound of this and DoTC. Very excited to here all of Gigaton!
  • Reminds me of the very beginning of Force of Nature, but sped up like in Sad.
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 782
    Folks that are 0/2.  You realize this is a snippet?  So quick to judge/rule out...
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    15 seconds out of a 4+ minute song
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • pmcgrath5 said:
    Maybe this was asked here or another thread but can someone who was at the listening party clear this up? Where in the song is this? I am assuming outro. Is it the same section repeated or does it really close like this?
    brilliant question, i'd like to know this as well
  • The app works using the sun.  I just went outside, thought I'd give it a try.  It said "Moon found" and started playing.  Would have been cool it it said instead, "nope that's the sun" and then played "Hard Sun", but that's probably a lot of programming and effort.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • SUPER FLY AND GROSS
    ZIPPING 'ROUND TUSCON
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    CROJAM95 said:
    I hear Hitchhiker w/ a lil RVM mixed in

Need the whole song to judge it
    Hitchhiker was the one that came to mind, mainly the way Ed is signing.  Also a little STBC maybe. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • solacesolace Posts: 110
    solace said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    That snippet....ugh. Not my cup of tea. 
    agreed. I know it' sonly 40 seconds but from that it sounds incredibly cheesy.  
    It's 20 seconds but repeated it sounds like
    Fair, the mp3 I downloaded was 37 seconds. Still sounds cheesy regardless ;). Hoping the rest of the song is better. I loved DoTC from the start and it’s my favorite first single since Binaural. 
  • solacesolace Posts: 110
    PMSROFLOL at the people making cast iron judgements about how much this sucks based on a 15 second loop :')
    If the band doesn’t want people to make some initial judgements (not saying anyone is writing the song off yet) based on short clips, then don’t post teasers, simple as that ;)
  • nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,426
    Anyone else keep doing this? I love the augmented reality piece of it...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    So what are the lyrics so far?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    Love it! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    Tjm007 said:
    Sounds great.

Jack White might be in touch regarding borrowing the 7 nation army riff though.
    Not seven nation army, but I do hear a Jack White influence on the last note of the riff, it is slightly behind the beat.  If that makes sense
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    I do find it intriguing the way they are releasing these songs.  Can't wait to hear DoTC live, think it will be awesome.  Can't really form an opinion on this one, other than I liked the music.  

• You guys are starting to scare me. I don't think I can handle a third album in a row with only a song or two that I like on it. 
  • Love it. I think someone posted that the 36 sec download was just a loop. We still only have 18secs of this song. Looking forward to hearing it all. 
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Love it. I think someone posted that the 36 sec download was just a loop. We still only have 18secs of this song. Looking forward to hearing it all. 
    I posted that asking if it was true. It sounds exactly the same to me and curious if that is what the final product will sound like or if it is looped just for promotion which would be an odd choice since we could just replay it over and over ourselves. 
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 782
    smile6680 said:
    You guys are starting to scare me. I don't think I can handle a third album in a row with only a song or two that I like on it. 
    I just did some math.  Only one song has been released thus far.
  • The clip is clearly looped. I can’t imagine the song revolving around this clip it sounds more like a bridge or outro. 
  • rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    edited February 2020
    The clip is. The best part
    Post edited by rollings on