New LP price is way too expensive

Comments

• I thought it was expensive  so i didnt buy it.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    The technique became more expensive. It is no longer  a methode of mass production, but made for collectors; it is a collectors item ihis ij also the reason why they discontinued the holidays singles

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    JP218404 said:
    Get ready for it to be even more across the board since the major plant that making vinyl was destroyed in a fire last week
    Slight misinformation.  The plant that was destroyed made lacquers, which are then cut into masters for pressing vinyl  So it is still bad but it is not the end material that has been impacted, it is the source for mastering a record that is in deep short supply currently.  

The impact is more time and quality depending on your sonic viewpoint, the alternative to lacquers, DMM, is not as crisp and an inferior sound.

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• CROJAM95 said:
    its 3 sides....2 LPs

Why did my dad get a house in the 70's for $60k....and I paid over $400k in 2017 with 500 less sf?
    So you are saying the extra cost is all that one extra LP and needing a tad thicker gatefold cover?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • $25 each on Target right now but you gotta buy 3
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    CROJAM95 said:
    its 3 sides....2 LPs

Why did my dad get a house in the 70's for $60k....and I paid over $400k in 2017 with 500 less sf?
    So you are saying the extra cost is all that one extra LP and needing a tad thicker gatefold cover?
    And pressed at a top tier plant. Maybe mastered by a top engineer too. 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    its prob $5 pricier than it should be......Why even waste the energy to start a thread. Buy it, don't buy it
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    This is first new studio album I have bought from them in seven years...not really a big deal to me.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • CROJAM95 said:
    its prob $5 pricier than it should be......Why even waste the energy to start a thread. Buy it, don't buy it
    The subject title says "way too expensive".  You're right though.  It's $5.  If you don't want to give Pearl Jam your money, then order it from amazon.  I'm sure half of you have prime or a friend with it and can get free shipping.

You can go pick it up from your local music store if gas isn't way too expensive that day.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    Amazon will probably have it for about $25 later in the year. People need to relax.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Vinyl. Archaic and overpriced. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    I really don’t like three sides records.
    Either record more songs or expand the material to 45rpm.
    3 sides is a waste and a way to charge more for a gatefold.
    Two records fine but make it 45rpm sounds way better.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Considering they charge $30 for Easy Street, $35 for Gigaton seems like a steal.
  • Considering they charge $30 for Easy Street, $35 for Gigaton seems like a steal.
    I should open a store in your neighbourhood, probably easy money to make there (: 
    :peace: :peace: :peace:
    -"it's times like these you have to ask yourself, "what would mike mccready do"
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Considering they charge $30 for Easy Street, $35 for Gigaton seems like a steal.
    I should open a store in your neighbourhood, probably easy money to make there (: 
    :peace: :peace: :peace:
    I live in the absolute poorest part of Maryland - good luck!
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Amazon is charging $35 right now
  • 44$ on Amazon Canada ( Canadian money of course.. ) 
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 2,976
    Thirty years ago at my local record store, a vinyl album typically went for $7.99 and a CD typically went for $11.99.  Today, the CD can still be had for $11.99 but vinyl costs at least twice that (three times in the case of Gigaton).  It's an interesting economics case study.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • RE658041RE658041 Sweden Posts: 401
    I think it's very very cheap. Too cheap.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    I do wish this was 45rpm that would be kinda cool
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    BF25394 said:
    Thirty years ago at my local record store, a vinyl album typically went for $7.99 and a CD typically went for $11.99.  Today, the CD can still be had for $11.99 but vinyl costs at least twice that (three times in the case of Gigaton).  It's an interesting economics case study.
    That must have been right when prices change. I first remember buying new vinyl in the mid 90s about 25 years ago, I think I paid about $15 for Ten new.
    But that makes sense, isn't the late 80s about the time vinyl wasn't so popular? SO prices were cheap/. Just like cassette tapes, even though they were more expensive to make in the 90s, they were cheaper than CDs to buy.
  • Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,671
    Everything is expensive now days. tickets, vinyl , toilet paper , wine, drugs. 
  • Gonzo1977 said:
    Beef tenderloin, gas, milk, hookers
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    i went to sunrise records last friday. Lightning Bolt was $89.99. 

you read that right. $90. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Nofx's Greatest Hits on two LPs. 34 songs. 19.99. 
    Epitaph Records.

Yeah, but how much is the price dragged down because it’s shitty music?
  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    Gonzo1977 said:
    How much is the hooker? :lol:
  • DewieCox said:
    Nofx's Greatest Hits on two LPs. 34 songs. 19.99. 
    Epitaph Records.

Yeah, but how much is the price dragged down because it’s shitty music?

What's your standards ? Beethoven and Mozart ?
    Taste in music is personal, as long as I know. 

• rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,547
    Came here for the complaints about PJ dot com charging $12 to ship the record.

Maybe I'm early...?
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Renfield said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    How much is the hooker? :lol:
    Less than the beef tenderloin but more than the gallon of milk.....I realize that this is an unfavorable approach, but I usually go for quantity over quality...is that a mistake?
  • fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Come to Amsterdam. Solid prices.