The coronavirus

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
edited January 2020 in A Moving Train
First victims in France. Were the first confirmed cases in Europe 
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    It's spreading already (from AET to AMT).
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517

I kid, I kid...

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Hey, come on, those statistics are no way to spread fear and trepidation!  :wink:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    brianlux said:
    I hope it doesn't spread to Other Music.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    brianlux said:
     ;) 
    brianlux said:

:lol:

That would strike a sour note!  (Moooooan!)

• brianlux said:
    QUARANTINE THE NEIL YOUNG THREAD 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    Ed better be careful. he drinks a ton of corona.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • two suspected cases in south of sweden
  • Will it travel by post. Ive got some headphones  coming from china?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Will it travel by post. Ive got some headphones  coming from china?

Only if you get subliminal messages with the audio.  So be sure to have your corona filters up and running!

• rhanishanerhanishane NSW Australia Posts: 505
    5 in Australia now. 21 year old at Sydney University. Only contact with a few people lucky school doesn't resume till next week
    I make a lot of jokes about these virus scares because despite the fact that I know the media likes to hype this kind of news, the fact is I'm very nervous about this kind of thing and humor is my last refuge.  I had Epstein-Barr virus in the late 80's and that messed with my immune system.  Since then, I've had a couple of cases of flu that were so bad I wasn't sure I would get make it through them.  Getting older doesn't improve my odds.  So when a highly contagious virus starts going around, I get anxious.  It's not that I'm terrified of dying- I don't want to die but of course I will and that's OK, but I don't want to die in agony of some horrid disease. 

But as the sage said, "It's gonna be what it's gonna be."

• Im the same brian.  Ive spent years in fear. Now i try look at it like that  last quote.  I can't  yet.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Im the same brian.  Ive spent years in fear. Now i try look at it like that  last quote.  I can't  yet.

It's hard, Rob, for sure.  We'll hang in there the best we can!

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,394
    WHO data
  • It's reached Germany
  • I remember when the Coronavirus was something you and your friends got when you were visiting Mexico and had too much to drink. :)

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    I remember when the Coronavirus was something you and your friends got when you were visiting Mexico and had too much to drink. :)
    Still happens there.  You haven;t been around much.  Welcome back.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    brianlux said:
    I make a lot of jokes about these virus scares because despite the fact that I know the media likes to hype this kind of news, the fact is I'm very nervous about this kind of thing and humor is my last refuge.  I had Epstein-Barr virus in the late 80's and that messed with my immune system.  Since then, I've had a couple of cases of flu that were so bad I wasn't sure I would get make it through them.  Getting older doesn't improve my odds.  So when a highly contagious virus starts going around, I get anxious.  It's not that I'm terrified of dying- I don't want to die but of course I will and that's OK, but I don't want to die in agony of some horrid disease. 

Well, the good news is Epstein "killed himself" but unfortunately Barr is still around taking a shit on your constitution so maybe it's best to keep a low profile.
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:

Well, the good news is Epstein "killed himself" but unfortunately Barr is still around taking a shit on your constitution so maybe it's best to keep a low profile.

LOL, I love it- funny as hell!  :lol: 

I remember when the Coronavirus was something you and your friends got when you were visiting Mexico and had too much to drink. :)

I would probably be a hard-core alcoholic if I lived down there- best margaritas in the world (nothing like those foo-foo drinks we make up here in California).  As many as four of them would get you plenty hammered yet with no hangover.  And you could walk into a cervesaria and get a Pacifico that tastes way better than the same brand here and only cost a quarter (in 1989 dollars).  Yee- hawww! Arriba!

• Lady at the hotel I am staying at just told me the 4th confirmed case in Canada is in Medicine Hat, Alberta.  It’s about 3 hours SE of Calgary. 
    One other in Vancouver and 2 in Toronto. 
    Lady at the hotel I am staying at just told me the 4th confirmed case in Canada is in Medicine Hat, Alberta.  It’s about 3 hours SE of Calgary. 
    I'm from Med Hat, haven't heard that and can't find anything on the news about it.
  • dignin said:
    Lady at the hotel I am staying at just told me the 4th confirmed case in Canada is in Medicine Hat, Alberta.  It’s about 3 hours SE of Calgary. 
    I'm from Med Hat, haven't heard that and can't find anything on the news about it.
    Ok. I’m staying in Lethbridge so maybe she heard wrong? Said the hospital confirmed it. Could be false info.

dignin said:
    Ok. I’m staying in Lethbridge so maybe she heard wrong? Said the hospital confirmed it. Could be false info.

Could be true, maybe she has inside info.

Funny, because I currently live in Lethbridge, was originally from Med Hat and moved from Calgary a couple of years ago.

Small world.
  • dignin said:
    dignin said:

Could be true, maybe she has inside info.

Funny, because I currently live in Lethbridge, was originally from Med Hat and moved from Calgary a couple of years ago.

Small world.
    I went to college in Deathbridge! Last Chance College 1992-94 lol. Been in Cowtown since 2013.  I travel here for work sometimes, still
    have some friends in town. Come down and golf occasionally.  Sometimes meet in Claresholm or Nanton for real cheap rounds. 

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Man, those are some strange yet badass names for towns. 
This discussion has been closed.