Lyrics??

Comments

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    The song seems to be about a relationship thats difficult.  Especially in times such as these.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • I was thinking it could be "and defile things" just not pronounced clearly. Would have to noodle on what fix and file things would mean though
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    I was thinking it could be "and defile things" just not pronounced clearly. Would have to noodle on what fix and file things would mean though
    Something to distract you from facing a problem.  Fixing and filing things. Random tasks.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Vedd Hedd said:
    Its about ignoring the problem.

Girls wanna dance away their circumstance.

Boys wanna grow their dicks....and fix and file things...
    I thought this too.  "file things" like just tuck them away, compartmentalize, out of sight out of mind and move on rather than have to "dance" your way through a problem.  
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I was thinking it could be "and defile things" just not pronounced clearly. Would have to noodle on what fix and file things would mean though
    Something to distract you from facing a problem.  Fixing and filing things. Random tasks.
    I suppose that makes sense.
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,170
    edited January 2020
    mattcoz said:
    Ok, so if we assume "dicks and fix and file things" is correct... what does that even mean? Dicks is obvious, we want to grow our dicks, sure. Fix, we're looking for the next bigger fix, like addicts, ok. File things? We want bigger files? Bigger cabinets? Bigger hard drives? :confused:
    I think it’s 3 different males stereotypes he talking about. Wanting to grow their dicks, fix things, & blow shit up!!! 😉😂
    Oh no, man hating/stereotyping I thought this was proven not effective.  I have a young son and this drives me crazy. Well I don’t have to like all Ed’s lyrics. 

Maybe I’m wrong here. Maybe he talking about everyone flaking out. Not men only. 
    Post edited by shadowcast on
  • KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    Grow their dicks is right up there in most cringeworthy lines I’ve heard in a while 
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,170
    KN219077 said:
    Grow their dicks is right up there in most cringeworthy lines I’ve heard in a while 
    Yeah I’m not drinking the kool aide on the lyrics for this song. Not every song is a home run. Well onto to the next.  
  • hadfiiwhadfiiw Posts: 188
    I feel I'm wrong but I keep hearing, "Their dicks and tricks and vile things"
    - ian | www.lukin.com

96 - Charlotte / Charleston
    98 - Atlanta
    00 - Charlotte / Greensboro / Atlanta
    03 - Raleigh / Charlotte / Mountain View / San Diego / Bristow
    04 - Asheville
    05 - Philadelphia
    06 - Washington, DC / Las Vegas / San Diego
    08 - Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    09 - Philadelphia (28th)
    11 - East Troy (3rd) / East Troy (4th)
    13 - Charlottesville / Charlotte
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Boston (5th)
    18 - Boston (2nd) / Boston (4th)
    20 - NashvilleBaltimore
    22 - Nashville / Baltimore

• Boys wanna grow their dicks to fit inside of things
  • hadfiiwhadfiiw Posts: 188
    And I keep hearing the second line as a censored "What the fuck is to our devotion"
    - ian | www.lukin.com

96 - Charlotte / Charleston
    98 - Atlanta
    00 - Charlotte / Greensboro / Atlanta
    03 - Raleigh / Charlotte / Mountain View / San Diego / Bristow
    04 - Asheville
    05 - Philadelphia
    06 - Washington, DC / Las Vegas / San Diego
    08 - Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    09 - Philadelphia (28th)
    11 - East Troy (3rd) / East Troy (4th)
    13 - Charlottesville / Charlotte
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Boston (5th)
    18 - Boston (2nd) / Boston (4th)
    20 - NashvilleBaltimore
    22 - Nashville / Baltimore

• YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 541
    Can't believe the dicks line is so problematic.  I'm making sure I stand back so that I don't get  any spirit coming on me.
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 541
    PJ/ Ramones lyrics with Talking Heads sound. 
    Fuckin beautiful. 
  • AKRounder85AKRounder85 Phila Posts: 250
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Can't believe the dicks line is so problematic.  I'm making sure I stand back so that I don't get  any spirit coming on me.
    +1
    2000- 9/1 Camden
    2003- 4/28 Philly, 7/5 Camden
    2005- 10/3 Philly
    2006- 5/27 Camden, 5/28 Camden, 6/3 East Rutherford
    2008- 6/19 Camden, 6/20 Camden
    2009- 10/29 Philly, 10/28 Philly, 10/30 Philly, 10/31 Philly
    2012- 9/2 Made In America
    2013- 10/21 Philly, 10/22 Philly
    2016- 4/28 Philly, 4/29 Philly
    Wishlist: Thumbing My Way, Black Red Yellow, Sleight of Hand
  • pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    Expecting perfection leaves a lot to Endure 
  • Dixon Vixen Violins
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    I try to read something about the Cubs into every song.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Yeah, it’s hard to wash off. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Spirit and water dont mix . Be careful out there  kids
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • kaseylilykaseylily Michigan, USA Posts: 259
    ...LOL
    Some good morning reading!
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Was my initial thought.  Listening again I kinda hear ignore the first time and endure the second!  

And yes, the grow dicks line is awful.  But the rest is brilliant.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    BF25394 said:
    mattcoz said:
    Ok, so if we assume "dicks and fix and file things" is correct... what does that even mean? Dicks is obvious, we want to grow our dicks, sure. Fix, we're looking for the next bigger fix, like addicts, ok. File things? We want bigger files? Bigger cabinets? Bigger hard drives? :confused:
    A common frustration women express about men is that men always want to try to "fix" things when sometimes women just want to be heard/listened to.  That's the context I'm deducing for "boys want to... fix... things."
    You’re saying they want to put a little fixxin on it? Yeah? Yeah? ...yeah?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mattcoz said:
    I think it’s 3 different males stereotypes he talking about. Wanting to grow their dicks, fix things, & blow shit up!!! 😉😂
    Oh no, man hating/stereotyping I thought this was proven not effective.  I have a young son and this drives me crazy. Well I don’t have to like all Ed’s lyrics. 

Maybe I’m wrong here. Maybe he talking about everyone flaking out. Not men only. 
    Not men only. Everyone over there is seeing. showing how shit is falling apart in the world and the girls (previous line) and boys are just ignoring it all, doing what they do.
  • JPPJ84 said:
    Their dicks and fix and file things

Are we sure it isn't "fire things" ?
    fire things would make more sense 
    Mm. Would be a classic Eddie double - fire rockets but also a dig at Trump. 
    Only if you have the dreaded TDS. I am sure one could find anything in a song to dig Trump. And then throw in Greta somewhere. Or it's just a song. With some lyrics. 
    JPPJ84 said:

Only if you have the dreaded TDS. I am sure one could find anything in a song to dig Trump. And then throw in Greta somewhere. Or it's just a song. With some lyrics. 
    If you expect any PJ song to be "just a song, with some lyrics" that don't mean any particular thing, then I believe you're mistaken. 
  • JPPJ84 said:

Go back to your Whitesnake message board. You got off at the wrong place.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • TremormanTremorman Posts: 380

I'd like it a bit better if it was "afix their dicks and fire things"  as if its a schlong bayonet rifle.

• mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158
    mattcoz said:

As a man who was once a young son, I have no problem with it, I don't see it as "man hating" at all. It's a stereotype because it's mostly true. But yeah, he's talking about everyone, not men only.
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    Was my initial thought.  Listening again I kinda hear ignore the first time and endure the second!  

And yes, the grow dicks line is awful.  But the rest is brilliant.
    That’s what I hear also
    Spirit and water dont mix . Be careful out there  kids
    Soda water might work, though 🤔