Options

Talk Box!

Anyone have one? Which one? How are you using it?
If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV

Comments

• Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,972
    Just got done setting up the Electro-Harmonix Golden Throat. It's old so it requires a separate vocal amp/PA.

Running through my Super Champ it absolutely nails Tool and Frampton. I have been using my SWR California Blonde for the vocal amp.

This is going to be a creative endeavor exploring all the possibilities of this device. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,156
    glad you found one.

last year i was involved in a project and the guys wanted me to get one. they kept sending me links to used talk boxes. i was like "that's just gross", lol.

there was a guy in the local music scene around here that used to use one. i think he used it on sweet emotion and one frampton song. it sounded pretty good. unfortunately i never got a chance to ask him about it because he passed away suddenly a few months ago.

good luck and maybe post some recordings if you can get around to it. would be interested to hear what it can do.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."