Options

1st Ever Front Row @ Grand Rapids!!!!

Like A StoneLike A Stone Posts: 3
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I just wanted to thank the 10 club for the front row tickets in Grand Rapids. It was my 11th show and my wife's 12th.She was at the 1st Chicago show on Tuesday too(11th row).The seats are her fan club seats. We got tickets to two shows on this leg not knowing which I would feel up to attending.I am currently going thru chemo treatment for lymphoma and just had my third round of treatment on Monday following the Friday show. I was wearing my black Mike McCready shirt and got acknowledgement from Mike when he came over to our side of the stage(we stood in front of Stone).Absolutely made my night. The band was great as always and the setlist just rocked!!!I have been attending concerts since 1973 and had never been in the front row at any show.I don't know if there was a mixup with tickets @ GR but everyone around us had a great time.I just hope after completing cancer treatment I can make at least 11 more shows.Thanks so much!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Awesome! Congratulations.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    lannerslanners Posts: 458
    good luck with your treatment and i hope you have a million more opportunities to catch a show in the front row in the future!
    i. am. mine.
  • Options
    soulshinesoulshine Posts: 120
    I just wanted to thank the 10 club for the front row tickets in Grand Rapids. It was my 11th show and my wife's 12th.She was at the 1st Chicago show on Tuesday too(11th row).The seats are her fan club seats. We got tickets to two shows on this leg not knowing which I would feel up to attending.I am currently going thru chemo treatment for lymphoma and just had my third round of treatment on Monday following the Friday show. I was wearing my black Mike McCready shirt and got acknowledgement from Mike when he came over to our side of the stage(we stood in front of Stone).Absolutely made my night. The band was great as always and the setlist just rocked!!!I have been attending concerts since 1973 and had never been in the front row at any show.I don't know if there was a mixup with tickets @ GR but everyone around us had a great time.I just hope after completing cancer treatment I can make at least 11 more shows.Thanks so much!!!

Congratulations on front row! It is such an experience, I've been there once myself (in 2000). I'm so glad for you that you felt up to going, chemo is so hard on the body (my moms done it twice). Your in my thoughts for a FULL recovery and many, many, many, more PJ moments!!!!
    :)
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need ~ BenHarper

http://www.myspace.com/soulshine70
  • Options
    and its reasons like this there should be random seating!
    thats awesome man, congrats!!
    03: Toronto
    04: Toledo
    05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto, Quebec City, St. John's 1 & 2
    06: Toronto 1 & 2, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati
    07: London, Dusseldorf
    08: Tampa
  • Options
    gmcabralgmcabral Posts: 50

what was the 10C # you had for those seats? just curious with the seat mixup.

stay strong my man! many more shows to come!
  • Options
    10 club # 134xxx
  • Options
    Every 10C'r deserves a shot at the first 20 rows. Your living proof.

I'm glad you got to go. I was there and it was definately the show to be at! I'm sure that Mike appreciated your shirt. It's cool to get acknowledgement from the band. My Mom went through chemo so I have seen how hard it can be on someone. Hopefully you can make it to more shows. Keep on rockin!
    The reason the main stream is thought of as a stream is because it's so shallow. -George Carlin-
  • Options
    TowsertunesTowsertunes Posts: 187
    Congrats on your great seats.
    I was there also,sec 109, row 7.
    It was a show that, anyone who was there, will never forget.
    To see a show like that,while not knowing which one you could attend.
    Divine Intervention,my man.
    Hope everything goes well with your treatments.
    Good Luck!
    Prayin' for ya.
    "they don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read?"

How I choose to feel,...Is how I am.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Here's to a fast recovery!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    damn man you got some good seats!! Grats on that and how cool the Master coming over in front of you!

Goodluck with the Chemo annd Keep On Rockin to many many more PJ shows!
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • Options
    Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers ..Pearl Jam fans are the greatest!!!
  • Options
    kerrangkerrang Chile Posts: 434
    Congratulations man! I'm sure you had a great time.
    Keep yourself strong, Cancer isn't gonna win this time ;)
    Santiago, Chile (November 22, 2005)
    Santiago, Chile (November 23, 2005)
    Santiago, Chile (November 16, 2011)
    Sao Paulo, Brasil (March 31, 2013)
    Santiago, Chile (April 06, 2013)
    Santiago, Chile (November 04, 2015)
    Santiago, Chile (March 13, 2018)
    Santiago, Chile (March 16, 2018)
    Rio de Janeiro, Brasil (March 21, 2018)