2006 poster and the lack of!

ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Whats the deal with the Gorge posters? They were sold out in about 5 mins of the doors opening at 4pm! How many are printed? surely they should print more than they have been this tour. People were literally running from merch stand to merch stand to try to grab one.. insane. Anyway thats my rant.
I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BenInTacomaBenInTacoma Posts: 125
    That was total insanity. Waiting 5 hours in 100 degree heat and running to a booth and still getting shut out. Santos, you are our only hope.
  • imfaithfulimfaithful Posts: 106
    i was not there, but i was at 6 shows this tour and i gave up on trying to get posters....
    I LOVE THIS BAND

"If some guy's not really giving me a reaction, I'll try and fucking get a reaction out of him. And I feed off of that. I go crazy. In a good way."-Mike McCready

www.myspace.com/lovethejam
  • LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    Didn't help Sunday people were buying 5 or more at a time...total Bullshit!!!
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,621
    Lizardking wrote:
    Didn't help Sunday people were buying 5 or more at a time...total Bullshit!!!

I got into the Gorge at 4:00 on Sunday - went to 1st merch booth and got 1 poster - my wife was with me and could of got 2 - but did not. I saw these "teams" where people would be in line ask for 2-3 posters and merch people would say one per person and then they say they are for my friends and point to them on the side....as soon as it was good - the others would take off to the next merch and repeat the process switch roles - while another guy just held on to all the posters - given the heat - tried not let it get me worked up - but I got shut out of Gorge 1 poster and really think now I should of gotten another Gorge 2 to trade.........

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• slug420slug420 Posts: 316
    i was gonna do that because im stuck paying a fortune for theposters i need now.....would have but the only poster i got was SF where they were strict about the 1 per person limit...sigh...
  • MissyMissy Posts: 3
    I was told by a couple of people that they printed 500 per show. I'm not sure if that's accurate or not, but if it is, then that would explain why they sold out in about 5 minutes both night. That and the fact that we watched person after person walk up and buy stacks of them without question. Someone we sat by on Sunday said he saw a guy carrying around a stack of probably 8 posters.
    Missy
  • gforce33gforce33 Posts: 24
    if they would work out a deal where we could buy a poster when we picked up out 10C tickets (if we wanted to - 1 per person), i think it would help. at least it would ensure that the true fans got at least one poster if they really wanted one.
  • slug420slug420 Posts: 316
    can anyone tell me the significance if any of the gorilla in the wagon from gorge night 2?
  • leadbedr10leadbedr10 Posts: 409
    I got into the Gorge at 4:00 on Sunday - went to 1st merch booth and got 1 poster - my wife was with me and could of got 2 - but did not. I saw these "teams" where people would be in line ask for 2-3 posters and merch people would say one per person and then they say they are for my friends and point to them on the side....as soon as it was good - the others would take off to the next merch and repeat the process switch roles - while another guy just held on to all the posters - given the heat - tried not let it get me worked up - but I got shut out of Gorge 1 poster and really think now I should of gotten another Gorge 2 to trade.........

I did the team thing. but i was legit. i only got 2. one for me and one for my buddy right behind me inline.
    But there were multipule people buying 3 or 5 at a time.