Options

Kim Thayil on the future of Soundgarden

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,971
edited November 2019 in The Porch
"We definitely have another record in us"

- Chris vocals recorded for the album that were to be the next exist. But the band does not have access the audio files as of now.

https://youtu.be/wXY-trY1v24
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,602
    edited November 2019
    Yeah, the estate is apparently holding onto the vocals.
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    One last SG album would be great.
    But so sad to think that those songs will never be performed live, by the original Soundgarden.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    edited November 2019
    One last SG album would be great.
    But so sad to think that those songs will never be performed live, by the original Soundgarden.
    I guess it worked (sorta) for AIC but I really hope they don't attempt to carry on as "Soundgarden" without Chris Cornell.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,971
    edited December 2019

CHRIS CORNELL'S WIDOW VICKY COMMENTS ON LAWSUIT AGAINST SOUNDGARDEN MEMBERS

"I will not sacrifice our children's futures for someone else's greed"

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/chris-cornells-widow-vicky-comments-lawsuit-against-soundgarden-members

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Like i said before . Toxic woman
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    IBTL. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    deadendp said:
    IBTL. 
    I don't really understand why though... is it really private when it's on Instagram and a public lawsuit?!
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    deadendp said:
    IBTL. 
    I don't really understand why though... is it really private when it's on Instagram and a public lawsuit?!
    I agree. This is a public matter at this point. All lawsuits are part of public record.
  • Options
    dreamweaverdreamweaver New York Posts: 707
    As a former bandmate and performing/recording artist, I can tell you that as long as Soundgarden can prove that there are Soundgarden demo masters on CC's personal hard drive, Soundgarden every right to pursue the master files. Many people don't understand the writing and recording process, including lawyers. This is becoming sad and toxic unfortunately. Greed? What about Soundgarden's livelihood? Not to mention the residual impact of keeping the catalog alive, which all parties benefit from! With all respect to the families. 
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    JPPJ84 said:
    deadendp said:
    IBTL. 
    I agree. This is a public matter at this point. All lawsuits are part of public record.
    It is beyond the lawsuit, like it or not Matt is out on his own social media platforms posting about this and responding to comments, respectively but with his point of view.  This is no longer a private matter.  It is out in the open.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    JPPJ84 said:
    deadendp said:
    IBTL. 
    Because one thread got shut down. This will just end up being another spin to that. Perhaps the band is trying to stay away from such chatter here because of several reason I won't bother to list, but basically that it boils down to troll food. And no, i am not referring to S_C or anyone commenting. I am speaking of those outside the forum. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,025
    I. INTRODUCTION
    “Everybody out for my blood, everybody want my percent …
    They just want to take what is mine, how much more can they get.”
    - Sweet Revenge
    1. In 2009, Chris Cornell penned these lyrics about his former Soundgarden bandmates after they unlawfully (and unsuccessfully) attempted to deprive him of his rights in connection with the valuable musical works that he created for the band. Ten years later, and after Chris’ untimely passing, these lyrics hauntingly resonate as his former bandmates, once again, have attempted to “take what is his” – or, more aptly, to steal from his widow and minor children. This wrongful conduct shockingly started shortly after Chris’ untimely death and ultimately forced his widow, Vicky Cornell, to bring this lawsuit.

This is the way that the lawsuit document begins. How petty can you get (read on... the answer is there. "Extremely petty"). 
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
This discussion has been closed.