2000 Katowice Bootleg Question

Good evening, I had just purchased a used copy of the Katowice bootleg 2000, and both discs contain the same track listing, even though they have the correct labels on the disc, is this a known issue for some of these discs? thanks

Comments

• NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    nm219369 said:
    Good evening, I had just purchased a used copy of the Katowice bootleg 2000, and both discs contain the same track listing, even though they have the correct labels on the disc, is this a known issue for some of these discs? thanks
    Mine are fine. Sorry this happened 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    nm219369 said:
    are you talking about the original discs released in late 2000 or is this something you just picked up off Nugs?  Because if it was the latter, someone at Nugs was probably smoking a doob while burning your CDR.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    nm219369 said:
    I remember the only common issue with 2000 EU bootlegs was the Prague show.. all copies have the same issue for Disc 1, you can hear a gap between each track. That was for the original silver pressed version. As for the 2000 Katowice shows, both of them didn't have any problems. Did you buy the original silver pressed version or the CD-R version Nugs/TC are selling now?
    nm219369 said:
    I remember the only common issue with 2000 EU bootlegs was the Prague show.. all copies have the same issue for Disc 1, you can hear a gap between each track. That was for the original silver pressed version. As for the 2000 Katowice shows, both of them didn't have any problems. Did you buy the original silver pressed version or the CD-R version Nugs/TC are selling now?
    I just listened to Prague, I hear no gaps.  Some of the Euro and I think even some of the US boots had a "negative" countdown between tracks and inferior CD players read that incorrectly and can detect it as a gap.

edited December 2019
    PB11041 said:
    nm219369 said:
    I just listened to Prague, I hear no gaps.  Some of the Euro and I think even some of the US boots had a "negative" countdown between tracks and inferior CD players read that incorrectly and can detect it as a gap.
    That's not the case, trust me.
    The issue I'm talking about regarding the Prague 2000 show affects every single EU pressing of the original silver pressed boot. Look here: https://www.discogs.com/Pearl-Jam-14-6-00-Paegas-Arena-Praha-Czech-Republic/release/2257941  (note at the end of the sub. Not added by me, of course). No matter what CD player you're using, you'll definitely hear gaps cause that's the way it was done. Anyway, yours is the US pressing, right? I was not sure if US versions had that same problem, so if you say that they are gapless I may look around for an original US copy of that boot.

ps: Sorry for derailing the thread, OP.
    Post edited by Jammalambo on
    PB11041 said:
    nm219369 said:
    The issue I'm talking about regarding the Prague 2000 show affects every single EU pressing of the original silver pressed boot. Look here: https://www.discogs.com/Pearl-Jam-14-6-00-Paegas-Arena-Praha-Czech-Republic/release/2257941  (note at the end of the sub. Not added by me, of course). No matter what CD player you're using, you'll definitely hear gaps cause that's the way it was done. Anyway, yours is the US pressing, right? I was not sure if US versions had that same problem, so if you say that they are gapless I may look around for an original US copy of that boot.

misread that, didn't realize you were talking about the EU pressing of the show.  Definitely no gaps on the US.  But I have heard the click down read wrong on terrible players in the past on this show and others.  

PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    nm219369 said:

misread that, didn't realize you were talking about the EU pressing of the show.  Definitely no gaps on the US.  But I have heard the click down read wrong on terrible players in the past on this show and others.  
    Never had a problem with the countdown intros before songs :) 
    Well, Santas promised me a 2018 bootleg boxset under the tree this year, looks like I have to tell him about a US copy of that show too, now. I've been a good boy, after all.
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    There are DAO and TAO versions of Prague.  I had a good DAO version. 
    CopperTom said:
    There are DAO and TAO versions of Prague.  I had a good DAO version. 
    All EU pressings of that show are Track at Once (Disc 1), unfortunately.
  • nm219369nm219369 Posts: 204
    nm219369 said:
    It was the original silver CD version, both discs have the same tracks, which are for disc 2, but are libelled as the seperate discs, 
  • I have never heard of such a crazy defect on ANY of their official CDs. 
    I know it happened for one disc in the box sets from nugs, which they replaced, but I cant find anything on the 2000 ones, these discs are printed in Canada it says
    edited December 2019
    nm219369 said:
    I know it happened for one disc in the box sets from nugs, which they replaced, but I cant find anything on the 2000 ones, these discs are printed in Canada it says
    Yes, Charlottesville 2013. They sent a replacement CD to anyone who had bought the 2013 boxset.
    As for your copy of Katowice 2000, "Made in Canada" printed on the discs indicates a canadian pressing. There are US and EU pressings of those shows, too, distinguishable by the writings printed on the discs and from the matrix/runouts.. I have the EU pressings, and the discs are correct. I don't know if this is a common issue for canadian pressings of that show. Anyway, since your copy is used, did you ask for a refund/return to the seller? Was he/she aware of this? Or you can also try to resell it, obviously specifying the issue, because these kind of official "mispressed" releases may be of interest to some collectors. On a side note, 2000 boots were commercially released in a lot of different countries, there are US and EU versions for all 72 shows, and I've seen a lot of Canada ones too (don't know if all of them have a Canadian pressing though). There are also Australian, Taiwan, Brazil versions for selected shows.
    ..did it show that I'm obsessed with PJ bootlegs? Yes, I have a problem.
    NM70698 said:
    I have never heard of such a crazy defect on ANY of their official CDs. 
    The fact you never heard of them, doesn't mean they don't exist. :)
    Post edited by Jammalambo on
    I kept it, I’ve been slowly trying to get the complete set, I may sell it if there is some interest in it, but I don’t plan on returning it. I doubt they knew as it was a used store, I doubt the checked the track listing of it if they did try it
  • the 6/16 show has a good Release