Pearl Jam Europe prices

RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
Well this is it. 
Long road fan since 1992 - Pinkpop. 
I will give space to the new line of fans who are willing to pay more than $110 dollar a ticket to see this great band perform. 
I draw the line here. 
Ziggodome was fantastic for the last couple of years. 2012, 2014 and 2018. 
Many memories. 

| Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Cool. U are the boss of your wallet. Your money your choice.
    As for prices, been in Greece all are so far away a and so  expensive. But I will find the way to afford it.
    Cheers 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    Try looking at it this way: would you complain about paying 70.- to see another band play for an hour and a half? No, those are normal prices in this day and age, right? Well, I will gladly spend twice that amount to see the greatest live band on earth play for twice that duration then.
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,147
    Compared to some new acts who charge more
    I miss igotid88
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    The industry has changed and most income now comes from live shows for bands. 

I know it is expensive, and really frustrating if you genuinely can't afford to go, but PJ do a better job than almost all acts of a similar stature. Take Hyde Park for example, front area tickets for Little Mix were nearly 3X the cost of Pearl Jam. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • TineTine Posts: 13
    edited December 2019
    Prices are high, yes. But they are high for other artists as well and we all know that PJ will deliver and it will be worth it.
    What I don't like though, is that 10c tickets are way more expensive than regular tickets. Sure, if you win the lottery you don't have to go through the nerve-wrecking process of trying to score tickets in the general sale, but does that justify a >25% higher price? (If the information is correct, tickets for Berlin will be 90 Euros, lottery is 256 Dollars, that's about 230 Euros so 1 ticket is 25 Euros more expensive through Tenclub. That's almost 28%! They are making a nice amount of extra money with their biggest fans. We are not allowed to sell the extra ticket for more than face value but they are basically doing the same thing. 
    I will enter the lottery and I will enjoy the shows but it has a bitter aftertaste. 
    Post edited by Tine on
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Tine said:
    Prices are high, yes. But they are high for other artists as well and we all know that PJ will deliver and it will be worth it.
    What I don't like though, is that 10c tickets are way more expensive than regular tickets. Sure, if you win the lottery you don't have to go through the nerve-wrecking process of trying to score tickets in the general sale, but does that justify a >25% higher price? (If the information is correct, tickets for Berlin will be 90 Euros, lottery is 256 Dollars, that's about 230 Euros so 1 ticket is 25 Euros more expensive through Tenclub. That's almost 28%! They are making a nice amount of extra money with their biggest fans. We are not allowed to sell the extra ticket for more than face value but they are basically doing the same thing. 
    I will enter the lottery and I will enjoy the shows but it has a bitter aftertaste. 
    There will be a service charge on top of ticket prices in the general sale though.
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    Tickets for Berlin are 106.53 euros at https://pearljam.tickets.de/en/tour/1002713-pearl_jam
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • TineTine Posts: 13
    You are right, I forgot about that.
    Tickets.de states 106,53 € for Berlin, I think that's the total including all fees. So the difference is not as big as I thought. 
    Sorry for my rant. :)
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    edited December 2019
    Tickets prices are not a concern to me at all. Flights across the pond on the other hand....
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    It's expensive but oh well. They're my favourite band & I'd probably pay a lot more. They won't be around forever.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    It's expensive but oh well. They're my favourite band & I'd probably pay a lot more. They won't be around forever.
    Yup.
  • It's expensive but oh well. They're my favourite band & I'd probably pay a lot more. They won't be around forever.
    That’s what they said about The Rolling Stones 20 years ago...
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    It’s alright, I have found peace with this situation. 
    1992 and 2012 will never be relived again. 
    Please enjoy all but this is the end for me. 
    I will check the downloads after the shows. 
    And how much difference does it make, really. 
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    True, but you never know what health issues can come up for them or ourselves.  They may tour for the next 20 years but will it be once every three years?  
    RideRick said:
    So 40 more Euros will prevent you from seeing your favorite band?  I would find a way to save those funds somehow.  Make coffee at home for two weeks instead of going to a cafe, eat at home for a week instead of going out to eat, skip another event, etc....

Prices are expensive but still reasonable in comparison to other bands.  

Now, $35 t-shirts are absurd and I am staying out of that game.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Tickets probably would be a little cheaper if fans bought their albums instead of illegally downloading them for free. 
  • RideRick said:
    So 40 more Euros will prevent you from seeing your favorite band?  I would find a way to save those funds somehow.  Make coffee at home for two weeks instead of going to a cafe, eat at home for a week instead of going out to eat, skip another event, etc....

Yeah. Was surprised to see GHOSTs tshirts being roughly 45 dollars. And Neil Young had one for like 55 dollars.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    We have a small 2000 seat venue that just opened where I live and it has brought in some decent acts.....a lot of them are what I would consider being a "something to do" concert.   Example; Blues Traveler was just there and I thought it's be a decent thing to do on a Saturday night.....$140 a ticket....no thanks.    Wilco is there next March.....reserved seats....$299.    Bands don't make money selling albums anymore......it's got to come from somewhere.      
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398

2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • Forget about ticket prices whats really amazing are London hotel prices, especially price per square foot of hotel room....
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    Cant be as bad as Copenhagen :lol:
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • RideRick said:

Yeah. Was surprised to see GHOSTs tshirts being roughly 45 dollars. And Neil Young had one for like 55 dollars.
    Paul McCartney.

$90 for a T-shirt...

His kids gotta eat yo!
  • Euro 2020 causing the price hikes
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Euro 2020 causing the price hikes
    Yeah that stupid new format with different countries. Feels like half the continent is on the move
  • We have a small 2000 seat venue that just opened where I live and it has brought in some decent acts.....a lot of them are what I would consider being a "something to do" concert.   Example; Blues Traveler was just there and I thought it's be a decent thing to do on a Saturday night.....$140 a ticket....no thanks.    Wilco is there next March.....reserved seats....$299.    Bands don't make money selling albums anymore......it's got to come from somewhere.      
    Holy smokes...$299 a seat for Wilco....I am seeing them in March as well at the 1600 seat Luther Burbank Center in NoCal highest price ticket was $99 in the front couple of rows...otherwise they were $79 a seat.  Are you certain those aren't tix being sold on the secondary market?  Or maybe the exchange rate in WI is out of whack right now....:)
    RideRick said:

Paul McCartney.

$90 for a T-shirt...

His kids gotta eat yo!
    $35 just makes me roll my eyes.  $90 would make me say F you PJ and never see them again.
  • I am usually the first to criticise ticket prices, and I have done on here a lot in the past few years. £95.00 to see EV solo in London was the same price to see Guns N Roses 3 hour stadium show for example.

That aside, the ticket prices for Hyde Park pale in comparison to Taylor Swift who is playing there the next night.
    Front of stage left £273.95
    Front of stage right £273.95
    Golden circle (behind the above tickets) £174.95

Compare that to PJ who sold us £90 tickets for the whole front area to be shared with people who wanna spend £250+ on tickets.
    I don't agree that these prices are fair for anyone but if you want a comparison of how the ten club still works hard for it's fans and tries it's best to get us the best tickets at reasonable prices, then this is it.

The last time they played here tickets were £70 at the O2 however so I think they still should be a lot lower.
    My best price was still Wembley in '96 for £15.00
    You can't even buy 3 pints in London for that these days.....hahaha
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • We have a small 2000 seat venue that just opened where I live and it has brought in some decent acts.....a lot of them are what I would consider being a "something to do" concert.   Example; Blues Traveler was just there and I thought it's be a decent thing to do on a Saturday night.....$140 a ticket....no thanks.    Wilco is there next March.....reserved seats....$299.    Bands don't make money selling albums anymore......it's got to come from somewhere.      
    Holy smokes...$299 a seat for Wilco....I am seeing them in March as well at the 1600 seat Luther Burbank Center in NoCal highest price ticket was $99 in the front couple of rows...otherwise they were $79 a seat.  Are you certain those aren't tix being sold on the secondary market?  Or maybe the exchange rate in WI is out of whack right now....:)
    @faithful2you--
    I just checked at the Sylvee in WI and gen adm tix are (were?) $52.50.  They have "official platinum"  tickets for $299.  Not to get into this too much but those TM "official platinum" tickets are total and complete BS.  I tried to get Jeff Tweedy tickets for the Fillmore in SF at the time they went on sale--not a second late--and could only get "official platinum' tickets...no $70 tickets were available...only the $150 official platinum?  Such crap....the funny thing is that both your show and the Fillmore show are/were GA.  WTF is the "official platinum" aspect of the ticket except that you get to pay at least double (or, in your case 5X's as much).  The expensive tickets in WI do give you a couple of actual seats in the balcony....
  • Those prices are not expensive.  Glad PJ is taking in the money they've earned.  They could still charge more for these primo GA/seats.

Stop whining.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • VillagePJVillagePJ Peterborough, UK Posts: 195
    Compared to the £220 each that I paid to see Eddie with The Who at Wembley this summer, these are a treat. 
    London, Hyde Park 25/6/10
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    London, Hammersmith 31/7/12 (EV)
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
    London, Shepherds Bush Empire 11/11/14 (EV The Who tribute)
    Boston, Fenway Park 05/08/16
    Boston, Fenway Park 07/08/16
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    Taormina, Sicily June 2017 (EV)
    London, O2 Arena 18th June 2018
    London, O2 Arena 19th June 2018 :(