Faith No More

My three all time favorite bands are Faith No More, Pearl Jam & Tool.

If I had to pick a # 1 it would be FNM for many reasons. They can play almost any style of music & make it sound like their own, they are absolutely fearless in their songwriting, and they are f'ing incredible live.

Mike Patton is hands down my all time favorite singer / performer; Mike Bordin is an amazing drummer who's incredibly difficult to replicate because of how he sets up / plays his kit and Billy Gould, the real brains behind the band writes & plays some of the fiercest bass lines I've heard in my life.

I searched the forum, and it's been a while since anyone discussed FNM, so I figured I would start a discussion to see if there are any like minded individuals.
Tagged:

Comments

• mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    Cheers!! My top three bands of the last 25 years also.. Did you get to see them last tour? They still had their fastball live, and I thought Sol Invictus was the best comeback album ever by a band that went that long between recordings.
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    If I speak at one constant volume at one constant pitch at one constant rhythm, right into your ear, you still won't hear.

You STILL won't hear

Crazy awesome band.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,390
    edited April 2017
    mr bungle said:

Cheers!! My top three bands of the last 25 years also.. Did you get to see them last tour? They still had their fastball live, and I thought Sol Invictus was the best comeback album ever by a band that went that long between recordings.

I did, they played Boston twice in a 4 month span in '15, I couldn't believe it. The second show was as if I wrote the set list myself. They opened w/ the Real Thing, played Everything's Ruined (my favorite song) & A Small Victory, neither of which I never thought I would hear live. They still got it, for sure. They also played Matador, my favorite off SI, which I agree, is a very strong album. I hope they do it again in a few years. Their live shows are f'ing awesome. No videos, no lasers or crazy lights, just 5 artists.

I was happy to see FNM amongst the first few bands mentioned on Jeff's shirt at the RnR HOF ceremony.

Edit: Now if we could only get Bungle to reunite........
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Chuck Mosley (original lead singer) dead at 57 of suspected heroin overdose. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Chuck Mosley (original lead singer) dead at 57 of suspected heroin overdose. 
    Sad news. Addiction sucks. 

RIP

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    FNM, for sure surpasses ca. 2017 PJ.

our band has been pussi-fied.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    FNM, for sure surpasses ca. 2017 PJ.

our band has been pussi-fied.
    Mr Positive is back at it.  
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

listening to Album of the Year atm. I honestly often forget about FNM, but when I do, I absolutely love it. especially angel dust. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,390
    listening to Album of the Year atm. I honestly often forget about FNM, but when I do, I absolutely love it. especially angel dust. 
    The 24th anniversary for King For a Day.... was last month (feel so f’ing old). If any of you don’t have the remastered version, I highly recommend you pick that up. 

I’m also pretty deep into Small Victories by Adrian Harte. It’s pretty damn good, I recommend that as well for any fans. 

The 24th anniversary for King For a Day.... was last month (feel so f’ing old). If any of you don’t have the remastered version, I highly recommend you pick that up. 

I’m also pretty deep into Small Victories by Adrian Harte. It’s pretty damn good, I recommend that as well for any fans. 

didn't even know that book existed. I'll pick it up. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    New stuff?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Oh SHIT!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    Wtf!!!!!!!!!! I’m stoked. 
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Well hello there! Yes!! :triumph:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    This is completely unexpected. Whatever it is 
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    It should da don't bother me no, it should da  no no, it should da don't bother me no but it 
    Does----n't!
    At all, great news. 
  • Looks like we’ll find out what’s going on Tuesday afternoon. 

• Looks like we’ll find out what’s going on Tuesday afternoon. 

:D
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.

ultrapig said:

I'm experiencing some serious morning blood flow and swelling!
    mr bungle said:
    ultrapig said:

I'm experiencing some serious morning blood flow and swelling!
    I won’t be sleeping well the next few nights. 
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    Well that was anti climactic 
  • Any activity is better than no activity, but this announcement doesn’t really move the needle for me. (Congrats to the fans in Europe though)

Fingers crossed for some US dates. 

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Good for them, bad for us who were hoping for new music!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • If history tells us anything, they'll tour Europe & SA before they tour the US.
    If history tells us anything, they'll tour Europe & SA before they tour the US.

yes.  and i'm thinking new music eventually.  Billy and Roddy have mentioned that they've been working on potential FNM music off and on over the last couple of years. fingers crossed!
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,609
    Sure listened to their last one like crazy when it first came out. Cranked Cone of shame silly. I'd think they have lots of material. Sol invictus was so streamlined...if that makes any sense.
  • 26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.