Vinyl Me Please QOTSA

Ive been a member of Vinyl Me Please before but it was back when they didnt do swaps. Ive bought a few exclusives from them before but Ive signed up again this month to get the QOTSA record.

I know Im not going to want next months record and so will swap it. Does anyone know if they let you swap for a record you already have? So would they let me swap for the QOTSA if its not sold out. That way I could give it to someone or ebay it.

Comments

• redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    Never tried that but don't see why you couldn't... 
    I joined again last month for the Flaming Lips & QOTSA - I'll be swapping next month as well.... 
    I would expect the QOTSA will probably sell out tho?? 
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Thanks for the reply. Plan is to swap for the QOTSA record as soon as its possible.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    yes, you can swap for a record you already have. I got Demon Days from them and then swapped a month or two later for another copy for my brother.

• ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I didn't want to buy 3 records, so I added myself to the waitlist.  Hopefully that works.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    For what it’s worth, that Aretha seems like it’s going to be a nice deal. AAA mono pressing. Gonna be one of those that gives you goosebumps throughout.
  • Why doesn't everyone just purchase the one off of QOTSA website?
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    edited November 2019
    Why doesn't everyone just purchase the one off of QOTSA website?
    This one is a translucent black/red marble. Website version is standard black.
  • pjl44 said:

& it's friggin gorgeous.

For me this VMP deal seemed too good to be true. I never owned Soft Bulletin, in any format, and SFTD is one of only 3 QOTSA albums I don't have on vinyl yet... Aretha is a bonus. I wouldn't normally buy one of her albums, but it will be a fantastic addition to my collection.

I was spinning Soft Bulletin last night, it's such a great album.

• pjl44 said:
    Yeah and?  I've come to the point where I don't care about limited, color, gatefold, etc if I'm just going to listen to it.  I say this after buying the deluxe version of Desert Sessions.  I have no idea what I'm going to do with a friggin tooth jar and a grinder...
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    pjl44 said:
    Yeah and?  I've come to the point where I don't care about limited, color, gatefold, etc if I'm just going to listen to it.  I say this after buying the deluxe version of Desert Sessions.  I have no idea what I'm going to do with a friggin tooth jar and a grinder...
    People like colored vinyl. This isn't a new phenomenon. Personally I'm with you. I bought the SFTD and Rated R reissues from their website.

Actually, this might come with other stuff too. A lithograph? I don't care enough to double check, but I will say the marbling looks cool. If I only had to pay a couple extra bucks vs springing for a 3 month subscription, I would have bought it.
  • pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    People like colored vinyl. This isn't a new phenomenon. Personally I'm with you. I bought the SFTD and Rated R reissues from their website.

Actually, this might come with other stuff too. A lithograph? I don't care enough to double check, but I will say the marbling looks cool. If I only had to pay a couple extra bucks vs springing for a 3 month subscription, I would have bought it.
    I do like what Vinyl Me Please does and have wanted to get in on it.  maybe I will, who knows?  An Aretha record would be cool to have.
    pjl44 said:

& it's friggin gorgeous.

For me this VMP deal seemed too good to be true. I never owned Soft Bulletin, in any format, and SFTD is one of only 3 QOTSA albums I don't have on vinyl yet... Aretha is a bonus. I wouldn't normally buy one of her albums, but it will be a fantastic addition to my collection.

I was spinning Soft Bulletin last night, it's such a great album.

This is basically where I’m at. The VMP was also announced a week or two before the standard release. 

I was in regardless of the other albums but they certainly didn’t hurt the decision. 
  • Just got my shipping confirmation from VMP for this... can't wait to spin it.

edited November 2019
    Generally as a rule if they press a colored version of a record I will buy it before the regular black if the price is comparable. They dont sound any worse but probably look better and generally hold their value better so if you are going to be spending around $30 then why not.

I didnt buy the yellow Soft Bulletin as I already have another copy. I struggled to get it on vinyl when it came out despite trying to import it to the UK. The first time I bought the Soft Bulletin on vinyl was the 2009 reissue that came in a gatefold sleeve with a cd, I ordered 3 copies and every time they arrrived with a top seam split. I kept 1 which wasnt too bad. Sold it about a year ago as it was fetching a decent price and bought another recent reissue for a fraction of the cost. Just couldnt face paying for another copy, it must have been reissued around 4 times.

I also bought the purple Beck Hyperspace LP for members only. 1000 only and as there appears to be so many colours being pressed this seems the lowest number.

Post edited by FR181798 on
  • They have been spitting these out every year now it seems in another color version.
  • They have been spitting these out every year now it seems in another color version.
    Christmas is ruined. 
    Christmas is ruined. 
    Quite the contrary.  Everyone gets to have one now!  I think they made a record player too for an RSD?
    Christmas is ruined. 
    Quite the contrary.  Everyone gets to have one now!  I think they made a record player too for an RSD?
    Christmas is saved!!!! 
    VMP has this listed as sold out but it still let me choose it as my swap - will wait and see I guess... 
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
  • redraw said:
    VMP has this listed as sold out but it still let me choose it as my swap - will wait and see I guess... 
    same
    Dont think it was sold out when I swapped. It was the early hours of Thursday morning because Im quite a few hours ahead of the US. Still havent had a shipping notice for my November record. New website is rubbish, slow and doesnt have a history of my previous monthly records.
    FR181798 said:
    Dont think it was sold out when I swapped. It was the early hours of Thursday morning because Im quite a few hours ahead of the US. Still havent had a shipping notice for my November record. New website is rubbish, slow and doesnt have a history of my previous monthly records.
    My Nov QOTSA arrived a week ago in Aus... 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I was able to order one the other day without having to be in the club.  I had added myself to the "waitlist" which basically notified me when they put up the spares in their shop.  $40usd.    More expensive then in the club, but I didn't have to buy two records I didn't want.    Looking forward to it arriving in the mail.
    New website is terrible IMO. Not sure what is going on with the order dates, they are not even real, no tracking on the orders etc. 
    Anyones December record shipped yet. I only received my Nov record on Thursday.
    I received my December record on Wednesday. Beautiful set.
  • FR181798 said:
    Mine arrived a few days ago. 
  • FR181798 said:
    Mine shipped yesterday.
    Thanks, I swapped for another copy of QOTSA. Seem super busy at the moment. Shipments delayed etc.