National "Thank You For This Soundtrack" Day...

Yes, I just made this holiday up. At least I think I did. 

Thank you Point of No Return .
You introduced me to the music of Nina Simone. :bow:

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Stealing Beauty - turned me on to Portishead and Mazzy Star.  Absolutely beautiful film in content and scenery (and for those interested, you can momentarily feast on Liv Tyler's boobies).

Nina's on this too.
  • hedonist said:
    Stealing Beauty - turned me on to Portishead and Mazzy Star.  Absolutely beautiful film in content and scenery (and for those interested, you can momentarily feast on Liv Tyler's boobies).

Nina's on this too.
    Fade into you was a hit long before this movie, surprised you never heard it?

Sour Times was also pretty big too.

I don't even remember the songs on this soundtrack but I remember Ms Tyler, if you're nasty, looking GREAT!
    hedonist said:

Nina's on this too.
    Fade into you was a hit long before this movie, surprised you never heard it?

Sour Times was also pretty big too.

I don't even remember the songs on this soundtrack but I remember Ms Tyler, if you're nasty, looking GREAT!
    Nope, some of that was new for me.  Whomever chose the music for that film did a kickass job.

Liv is just beautiful.  Loved her in The Leftovers too.
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,873
    This may be kinda cheating, since they were music movies - the original Decline of Western Civilization and Urgh! A Music War. I was a little young to be able to go to see these bands at that time, so it allowed me to see the bands I already loved and discover tons of new ones.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    So many.

Will start with Westworld.  (S1)

Love spinning that record and sipping a tasty vodka drink.  (By that, of course, I mean vodka/ice in a glass.)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Garden State, for introducing me to The Shins.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Reservoir Dogs, as well.
    The dialogue goes so well with the music as you spin it. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I listened to this one last night:

I believe tomorrow is International Bass Guitar Strings Day.  I might have to play something by Jack Bruce or Lou Barlow.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Singles
    Trainspotting
  • Oh shit I forgot about Snatch!

THAT is a good soundtrack!
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Believe it or not, the soundtrack for the movie Twister is not bad. Neither is that soundtrack for Into The Wild. :wink:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    brianlux said:

I believe tomorrow is International Bass Guitar Strings Day.  I might have to play something by Jack Bruce or Lou Barlow.
    I love that soundtrack!! It's a goto in our household. I was pretty ecstatic when I bumped into a vinyl copy a few years back.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Zod said:
    brianlux said:

I love that soundtrack!! It's a goto in our household. I was pretty ecstatic when I bumped into a vinyl copy a few years back.
    Very cool!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
    Looks like Ford vs. Ferrari (this car-lover is DYING to see it) has a badass soundtrack.

And kudos to the young 'uns of Greta Van Fleet!  I know their music's in the trailer but not sure if it's in the film itself.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Just finally tracked this down on vinyl......

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited November 2019
    ^^^ Just watched that movie again not too long ago. Back in the day, I had such a thing for Christian Slater. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    ^ Thank you for introducing me to the music of Joao and Bebel Gilberto!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • While it is more or a score, Schindler's List will always be a favorite...I should watch the movie someday.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Thank you for introducing me to Glen Hansard!

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024