2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
edited October 2019 in The Porch
For fans that might want to speculate on 2020 US Tour without scrolling thru 210 new comments about exotic Euro locations that can only be flown to from 2 other countries. 

Comments

• D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,766
    Demi stated that we may know more about US/ Canada in a couple of months.  That takes us to January 2020.  Just an FYI, the NA 2016 spring tour was announced in January.  There is still hope for something before Europe.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Dare to dream.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    I want to do about six shows this tour, so I hope they able to do a nice jaunt like the October through December LB tour.  If it can't be until fall 2020 so be it.  Spring like 2016, all the better.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    Don't cry over unspilled milk.  Europe's getting a tour so there are Europe rumors.  Deal with it.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    There was a rumor in the 2020 thread that there is a confirmed hold on a west US arena for late spring.  A Hold is just that, note set in stone, but it was a hope of a spring album release with a West/SW swing, then off to Europe then Ball Parks with a NE run to wrap the year.  This is a summary of some speculation, some rumors etc.  Nothing more.  Will expect to hear some US/Canada intentions in early Jan
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Europe must be where the money is. Maybe the band is worried about security in these crazy times here in the US. Who knows. I’ve gotten to where I will just see them when they come to California. When that is, who knows. I’ll just have to watch the other set lists in the meantime. 

Just looking to finally knock some bucket list bands off my list. 
    NIN
    Radiohead
    Black Crowes
    Tenacious D
    Marilyn Manson 
    Sturgill Simpson
    Guns N Roses
    Gojira
    Fiona Apple
    and a couple others

and the good old ones I’ve seen a million times each but are always awesome
    Tool
    Deftones
    DMB
    Dredg
    Bruce Springsteen (only seen once but WOW!)
    etc. 

Live music is the best. Here’s hoping for a great 2020. And hopefully some west coast Pearl Jam shows. 

Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    Europe must be where the money is. Maybe the band is worried about security in these crazy times here in the US. Who knows. I’ve gotten to where I will just see them when they come to California. When that is, who knows. I’ll just have to watch the other set lists in the meantime. 

Just looking to finally knock some bucket list bands off my list. 
    NIN
    Radiohead
    Black Crowes
    Tenacious D
    Marilyn Manson 
    Sturgill Simpson
    Guns N Roses
    Gojira
    Fiona Apple
    and a couple others

and the good old ones I’ve seen a million times each but are always awesome
    Tool
    Deftones
    DMB
    Dredg
    Bruce Springsteen (only seen once but WOW!)
    etc. 

Live music is the best. Here’s hoping for a great 2020. And hopefully some west coast Pearl Jam shows. 

Pearljammr78 you are my new favorite person. I saw Black Crowes listed and thought, “what is this dude smoking?” But I figured I might as well google it and sure enough:

https://www.jambase.com/article/the-black-crowes-reunion-billboard 

I never thought I would see the day!

• JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    CW55354 said:

Pearljammr78 you are my new favorite person. I saw Black Crowes listed and thought, “what is this dude smoking?” But I figured I might as well google it and sure enough:

One of the bands I wish I got to see more than once.  Saw them at Tower Theater in Philly in the 90s and one of the best shows I remember.  Excited that the rumors seem to be coming true.  

2020 is looking to be a great year for live music!
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
    It is going to be exciting times for live music in 2020. I can’t wait. 

And to answer you question about what I am smoking. Only the best California legal green I can. Lol. 

Here’s to a great 2020!!!
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    thanks for starting this thread, I hope it takes off soon like the other!
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    CopperTom said:
    Don't cry over unspilled milk.  Europe's getting a tour so there are Europe rumors.  Deal with it.

Did I cry to the mods that the "Euro" thread be closed? No. Perhaps there should be an option for NA fans who are not interested in 376 comments about europe.That's all.

And now maybe a retort. The band just focused 75% of it's only touring over a 4 year period on international locales. And now we are focused on europe. Again.

I'm happy for them. But I live in NY and big shows here can gross $4 million in arenas and $8 million in stadiums.  They don't want numbers near that or reach the largest rock fan population in the world? So be it.

Cant wait to read about all the "near sell outs" and "roped off sections."  Wah :bawling: wah where's my milk
  • Mr. FixerMr. Fixer Posts: 572
    CopperTom said:
    Dude, what crawled up your butt and died?  Chill out, lol.
    Relax.  There's no need for a nearly identical thread.  When a US starts being planned, rumors will be posted.  Don't get bent out of shape just because there aren't rumors for your market.
    Mr. Fixer said:
    CopperTom said:
    Dude, what crawled up your butt and died?  Chill out, lol.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to upset the board's delicate snowflakes.
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,225
    CW55354 said:
    Black Crowes

Be interesting to see who the brothers recruit this time around.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    CopperTom said:
    Relax.  There's no need for a nearly identical thread.  When a US starts being planned, rumors will be posted.  Don't get bent out of shape just because there aren't rumors for your market.
    It's an annoying thread to read. Dozens of people chasing their tails over the slightest of breadcrumbs. They seem to be having fun, so fine, but this really should be broken out as a separate topic if that's going to carry on and on.
  • chadaw76chadaw76 Indianapolis Posts: 289
    CopperTom said:
    Lol did someone force you to open it thread cop?
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN
    It’s not identical at all. European tour might as well be a tour on the moon for most US/Canadian fans. And I was like everyone else who saw the other thread blow up. I thought we had some news, not a wishlist for what European city might get a show if the wind blows at a certain speed while Mercury is in retrograde. 
    I personally won’t even read the other thread now since it has zero effect on my concert going life. 
    chadaw76 said:
    CopperTom said:
    Scrolling past things you don't like on the internet is an underrated super power. 

• I live in Connecticut so I'm feeling confident that there will be a show near me in 2020.  But even if for some reason there isn't, I'll still be happy just to have new live shows to listen to.  Just knowing that the guys are still out there giving it their all after so many years makes me proud to have been a fan since year one.  
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    I think a NA thread was a great idea.   Someone should change the title of the other thread to 2020 European tour so there’s no confusion. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    JimmyV said:
    chadaw76 said:
    CopperTom said:
    Scrolling past things you don't like on the internet is an underrated super power. 
    +1
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    CopperTom said:
    They did deal with it. A new thread was started. Nobody is crying about anything. 

Jeez this is weird.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • SM187650SM187650 Canada Posts: 683
    I for one am all in favor of this thread! Euro tour is exciting for those that can afford it. Personally I am eagerly awaiting news about Canadian shows. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    So the only rumor we have is a hold on a single city out west?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • big dipper ice creambig dipper ice cream malt-hop epicenter Posts: 2,530
    There will be US shows in Ohio, Wisconsin, Penn, Michigan, and Florida.  Maybe Alaska, if Jeff has his way.

2024..........ANCHORAGE-FAIRBANKS-VANCOUVER-SEATTLE-PORTLAND-BOISE-SLC-MISSOULA

mcgruff10 said:
    So the only rumor we have is a hold on a single city out west?
    And a DJ in Chicago who thought Wrigley was a done deal. 

• Mr. FixerMr. Fixer Posts: 572
    CopperTom said:
    The only person that got "bent out of shape" about anything seems to be you, lol.  No matter what, your comment was absurd.