Options

Lightning Bolt Vinyl Issue

2»

Comments

• Options
    That's a shame people had problems with their vinyl.  I was lucky my first press I bought at 2013 Philly N2 did not have any pressing defects.
  • Options
    Thank you all:
    Those who tried to help and those who didn't.
    A little more tolerance & acceptance could be nice
    Oh please. Check the victim card at the door when opening yourself up for legitimate criticism. Buying vinyl without owning a record player is foolish to most people. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    I don’t think I’ve ever played mine. Honestly, never had the desire to listen to it on vinyl. I know I bought it when first available from 10c, just never cared to listen. It’s the only pj album I never downloaded either. I believe I only gave it a handful of listens from my CD player in my car while driving to work.
    I listen to it about once a year when I realize it’s one of about 5 CDs in my car and when my battery is too low to play something from my phone. 
  • Options
    I think it’s a great cd. I don’t care for records. 
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    WORST - VINYL - PRESS - IN - ENTIRE - CATALOG 

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412

Sure the initial run was fucked up, but once they got that lined out LB is as good as most of their other albums and better than S/T and Backspacer by a long shot. 
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    DewieCox said:
    Obuck502000 said:

Sure the initial run was fucked up, but once they got that lined out LB is as good as most of their other albums and better than S/T and Backspacer by a long shot. 
    No, this press still sucks - I have a second press or “corrected”, version.
  • Options
    Kurt Brutus BaconKurt Brutus Bacon Posts: 77
    edited October 2019
    brianlux said:
    Hi,
    Just got my Lightning Bolt Vinyl.
    Still didn't open it.
    What was the issue with the pressing of the vinyl?
    I don't have a record play, so if it's about the sound, I won't be able to check it.

So, I hate to ask a dumb sounding question but, why did you buy it?
    Post edited by Kurt Brutus Bacon on
    Roskilde 2000, Barcelona 2006, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, London 2010, Arras 2010, Berlin x 2 2012, Stockholm 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Seattle 2013, Stockholm 2014, Boston x 2 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Budapest 2022
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,934
    The only one of the studio albums I don’t have on vinyl. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    edited October 2019
    DewieCox said:
    Obuck502000 said:

No, this press still sucks - I have a second press or “corrected”, version.
    You have a bad copy if there’s that much of a difference in quality between LB and the other more recent press.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Hi,
    Still didn't open it.
    I don't have a record play, so if it's about the sound, I won't be able to check it.

Why do you care what he does with his record? Isn't it up to him after he payed for it?
    Why do you care that he cares?
  • Options
    Kurt Brutus BaconKurt Brutus Bacon Posts: 77
    edited October 2019
    brianlux said:
    Hi,
    Still didn't open it.

Why do you care what he does with his record? Isn't it up to him after he payed for it?
    Why do you care that he cares?
    Post edited by Kurt Brutus Bacon on
    Roskilde 2000, Barcelona 2006, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, London 2010, Arras 2010, Berlin x 2 2012, Stockholm 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Seattle 2013, Stockholm 2014, Boston x 2 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Budapest 2022
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    At this point, I doubt the OP cares much about comments & opinions from 6 years ago.