School Teachers Rewarding Test Scores With Candy

2»

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited October 2019
    dankind said:
    So an assistant principal in some Maine town thought it wise to use the N-word while reprimanding a misbehaving nine-year-old biracial student.

This woman still has her a job. The superintendent is backing her and saying that she'll just get some "additional training."

Because America.
    It's a funny thing what Supers and Principals get away with while teachers quickly get the axe.

Do u have a link for this story?  Sounds like a good read.
    You've got a weird definition of a good read. 

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2019/10/08/maine-student-racial-slur-incident

And one of my districts' principals got the axe simply because he came out as trans and parents' true Massachusetts colors came out. He can teach now, but only if he sticks to one gender. He has to give two weeks' notice if he feels like wearing a skirt and then two more weeks' notice if he wants to revert back to khakis and oxfords -- because, yeah, that's the way being trans works.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    So an assistant principal in some Maine town thought it wise to use the N-word while reprimanding a misbehaving nine-year-old biracial student.

This woman still has her a job. The superintendent is backing her and saying that she'll just get some "additional training."

Because America.
    It's a funny thing what Supers and Principals get away with while teachers quickly get the axe.

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2019/10/08/maine-student-racial-slur-incident

And one of my districts' principals got the axe simply because he came out as trans and parents' true Massachusetts colors came out. He can teach now, but only if he sticks to one gender. He has to give two weeks' notice if he feels like wearing a skirt and then two more weeks' notice if he wants to revert back to khakis and oxfords -- because, yeah, that's the way being trans works.
    Hmmm reading that story is interesting. Obviously a terrible choice of words and example. Should it lead directly to firing? Perhaps. Should it be a teachable moment for the administrator and the community? Perhaps. I wish you could tell what is really in the heart of a person.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

Because America.

JFC how ridiculous. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

Because America.

JFC how ridiculous. 
    Outside it’s America. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM